Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:50 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Deadeye Dan

The Book of Deadeye Dan
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Lawmen and Samurai"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Dan Maverick was a Physician in the lonely town of Lead in the South Dakota Territory. Well-read and educated in Chicago, Dan had ventured west in search of wide open spaces and a piece of land to call his own. On the prairie he discovered his love of hunting and became an expert marksman with his .50-90 Sharpshooter Buffalo rifle. Dan always brought down the big game, often making his shots from well over 300 yards. Dan's quiet little life changed one day when he went to make a deposit at the Lead Bank, and found it being robbed by bandits. Dan quickly fled the bank, and set up a sniper position across the street. He took down three of the bandits before he was taken from behind. Just as Deadeye Dan was about to leave Lead by way of the gun, General Ullar intervened and brought him to Valhalla as a sharpshooter to strike at his enemies from afar. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- SHARPSHOOTER : Engagement Requirements
Can Deadeye Dan use his Sharpshooter special power on one opponent when still engaged to a different opponent?
Yes! Remember, you can use special powers and abilities that affect ranged opponents while still engaged to other opponents. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Ullar's Amulet
As a unit that follows Ullar, Deadeye Dan may benefit from Acolarh's ULLAR'S AMULET movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Deadeye Dan- Just get Theracus and Deadeye Dan! Then have Deadeye Dan jump off the cliff. D

OEAO: D

Cleon: Tier 2 (194/208)

dok (VC inclusive): D

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Deadeye Dan

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: vc added
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Garet Jaxx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In most cases, I find it more helpfull to use the enhanced rifle because the sharpshooter has never done me much good. I'll take a 50% at 1 damage that a 10% chance at an auto kill. I'm kinda stupid that way but it will pick off squads.

Garet Jaxx's Home, the official Heroscape Storage Site.
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:30 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Deadeye Dan is the number 4 best squad killer, behind Braxas, Grimnak, and Suduma. Plus, with a range of 10, it will take your opponent at least 2 turns to get to him, most likely even more since (if you're smart) he'll be on height. With sharpshooter, it gives you a 1 in 10 chance of killing a figure instantly. If you put him on a castle or extreme height where it'll take you opponent a looong time to get to you, he is deadly!!! If you use him wisely and stratagetically(sp?) he will be the MVU(most valuable unit) for the game, but if you use him badly he will fall very easily. Whenever I use him, he's always worth his points.

Old April 30th, 2007, 05:47 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
There should be another section in this book:

-WARNING-
  • -Using Deadeye Dan will probably get you punched in the eye.
    REALLY. DON'T TEST ME.
Old April 30th, 2007, 08:06 PM

TheEvilPenguin has disabled reputation
Hard not to love a 60 pointer that can deal so much death from so far away. 10 range? My God. Even better about a unit like this is that his move isn't total crap, meaning he can get where he needs ta get and do what he has to do. Personally, I'm sharpshooting all the time, but I love the D20. Great figure, worth every point...

-WARNING-

Using this figure will give you a bloody nose.

TheEvilPenguin is the Krav...
in the MAROON CAVE...
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:30 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I find Deadeye to be a metagame choice. He is a cheap and effective way to deal with the Krav and Nakitas, bypassing their strong ranged defensive abilities. He isn't quite as effective against common squads, but he does well to bypass the defense of the minions and sentinels, and is great at picking off strategic squad figs that find their way onto height.

Also, there is something to be said about giving him the last order marker and taking a random sharpshooter chance at Q9, Jotun or a dragon.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:52 AM

hannibal twin 8 has disabled reputation
Deadeye and Theracus add up to 100 points. If you've got the Venoc Warlord, and Acolarh, you can fly Deadeye 11 spaces away, preferably to height, or some other hard to reach spot. His only problems are that he can't move to do his powers, and he can't do his powers against adjacent figs. So as a unit charges up to him, not only can he not back up, he will be useless when the unit reaches him. Combine that with 2 def. 3 lives, well....

Just give me Sir Dupius, and be done.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
I built that same army in the competitive 500 point build thread. The problem that we discussed there is the amount of points you have to spend just for that movement. Personally, I still plan to try it. The other figures I had were Syyvaris so Theracus could pull the trick twice and a set of Aubrien arhcers. Both take advantage of Acolarh. The archers feed off the Frenzy bonus from the Warlord.

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:27 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
This unit is made for an approaching orc army, DED guns them down on the top of the hill, dodging grut arrows, but when the Orcs reach him, Vipers come in and swarm.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar rocks 4553
This unit is made for an approaching orc army, DED guns them down on the top of the hill, dodging grut arrows, but when the Orcs reach him, Vipers come in and swarm.
That might get you somewhere against approaching Krav Agents or Tagawa Samurai, but against orcs you need something that can kill more then one a turn.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
2 things (1) how is his primative gun better than the airborne elites or a deathwalker? and 2 how can he 1 shot a hive, its HUGE no way can 1 little bullet kill a hive. i don't get the logic behind it, it's total .
My six year old son used DED to one shot kill Spiderman. Since no skulls were rolled, Spidey Sense never triggered

Anyway, I think the idea is that he has a 10% chance of identifying and hitting the tiniest weak spot where one shot kills. The Achille's heel of any structure or unit, since in theory they all have one...

Like a 2-meter exhaust vent in a battlestation the size of a moon.....
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
2 things (1) how is his primative gun better than the airborne elites or a deathwalker? and 2 how can he 1 shot a hive, its HUGE no way can 1 little bullet kill a hive. i don't get the logic behind it, it's total .
One, his gun is probably not that much better than theirs; it's his skill that makes the difference. He has different training and experience. Two, the Hive is a living thing. I guess he can hurt it because it has organs or something in there that he can aim for. Sharpshooter doesn't work on destructible objects. Again, it's his skill that defeats the Hive, not the power of the round he fires.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units