Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 8th, 2006, 04:02 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
TV Show: Heroes

There's a new show due to start in late September (in the US at least - the UK will probably get to see it mid-2007, if ever), called Heroes. I gather it's going to be on NBC.

And if the pilot is anything to go by, it could be very good indeed.

It sort of reminded me of the Powers comic book, but it's a lot darker. In a nutshell, some people have started developing comic book style super powers. Who they are, why this has happened, and what they'll do next looks like it will cheerfully fill a season.

But it is dark - not one to watch with children IMHO (how dark? Well one character films hereself on "atempt number 6". Attempt to kill herself, it seems. Afterwards, she has to push a couple of snapped ribs back into place.) Though it does have a chubby Japanese geek for comic relief.

As I say, based on the pilot I'll be glued to the first few episodes to see if it lives up to the promise. My *only* criticism is that it cuts between the different characters quite rapidly at times - the pilot juggles about 8 major characters (heroes-in-waiting?) who are all part of different plot lines (rather than taking the LOST aproach of giving you an extended look at one or two of the ensemble members each week).
Old August 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
If you'd said HBO, I'd be won over. NBC is yet to host anything I truly like. Lost came close, until I realised it was a big load of crap (If Lost is indeed NBC). Though theres a first time for everything... Certainly sounds interesting. Though why everything has to be "dark" these days, I dont know.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:57 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Ouch! First I agree, NBC sucks these days. It's budget died with Friends. It also owns the Sci Fi Channel and therefore brings us Battlestar Galactica.

ABC brings us Lost. I personally like Lost, especially after the events of last season's finale. Lost is probably the biggest drama airing in the US right now.
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
I feel the same as you guys, but I'm gonna give it a shot. A very skeptical shot, mind you...

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old August 28th, 2006, 10:24 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i'mma watch it.

But, then again, thats what i said about Kyle XY, and i havent watche a single episode of that since the first one, which i don't even remember.....
Old August 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
From the commercials it looks to have potential. When I first saw the ads, the show instantly went to the top must check this one out list (last years top o' the list for me was Prison Break and that has yet to disappoint - although it does take a while for the adrenaline to calm down after each episode).

RichardD - Where did you see the pilot? I only started seeing the ads last week ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:46 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I'm tentatively very anxious to see this.

I agree on NBC, but Jeph Loeb is attached to the show, and I have great respect for him. He actually left LOST to do it!

The pilot will be released on iTunes tomorrow, September 1st, so you can see it a couple weeks in advance for $1.99, if you want.
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Its on my loooong list of shows to check out this season.
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
heroes.nbc.com/

I don't watch a lot of television. I only recently got into LOST because Season 1 was at the library. But when I heard about 'Heroes' over on IGN.com, I was intrigued. I'll definitely check it out, and I do hope it does well, as the premise seems really intriguing. Especially if they focus more on the 'reality' aspect of these peoples' lives, adding fantasy only as a minor element so as to stay away from getting too ridiculous and cheesy.

And I know I'm going to be watching the show, because the actor who played Eric Weiss from the recently ended ALIAS is in it. My wife was a huge ALIAS junkie... hence the reason she is now, also, a huge LOST junkie.

Friggin' JJ Abrams...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:36 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think, RD, that heroes has been given an air date for skyone, i might be wrong but i'm sure i read somewhere saying something about it and another show...
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:42 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I refuse to give any money to that git Murdoch (the owner of the UK's only satellite broadcaster, for any Americans listening).

So I'll watch the rest of Heroes the same way I got the pilot - my friend Mr. Bittorrent. I don't download movies, films or software - but TV programs are much better when seen without adverts, in blocks of 2 or 3 episides at a time. The creators can't moan at me too much - when a show is genuinely worth paying for, I'm happy to buy the DVD (LOST, Battlestar Galactica and Alias have all been purchased *after* having downloaded them).
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Hmm, Mondays on NBC. Does it start this Monday? Hopefully it will be decent and I'll have something to look forward to on TV again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV