Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 8th, 2019, 10:37 PM

TreePowerz is surprisingly tart
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreePowerz View Post
Has anyone considered using Arena of the Planeswalkers figures as alternate sculpts? It seems like they would make good alternates as they are already the same scale and have the same bases. They are also very cheap.

I believe the only issues would be they are not pre-painted and I'm not sure how similar the planeswalker units appear to Heroscape units. I've only seen pictures but I think there are some fire elementals and archers in the set. I could see those filling in as various Heroscape archers or the fire elemental heroes.
Why use them as proxies when this project exists?
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...play.php?f=169
Wow! This project looks great! Some really interesting ideas for some of the AOTP figures. Keep up the great work!
Old January 11th, 2020, 01:53 AM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Hello all,

A visit to my friendly local game store today reminded me that I've found quite a few potential proxies for quite a few C3V figures, including some of the newer releases, so hopefully some others find these useful (and/or can use them as an excuse to go buy more minis)! I also have my Blackgaard and Crypt Guardian proxies painted if I can figure out how to share images here.

In no particular order:

Chen Tang, Master Lao Xin, Yi Feng, Zhen Yuan, and Akumaken
Nolzur's Male Half Elf Monk (MiniatureMarket)
Nolzur's Female Half Elf Monk (MiniatureMarket)
Nolzur's Male Human Monk (MiniatureMarket)

Not all perfect proxies, but there's enough variation in there and the size and poses of the sculpts are close enough that hopefully people can fill in any missing or hard-to-find monks for their collection. The Human Monk with the mask also felt like a solid fit for an Akumaken proxy.

Beakface Sneak/Beakface Rogue & Quorik Warwitch
Nolzur's Kenku Adventurers (MiniatureMarket)

Given how rare and expensive the Quorik Warwitch's original figure has become, this is one I was actively looking for. It doesn't have the wings, but should still stand out, and anyone in a more modding-inclined mood than I am could potentially grab these aasimar minis and transfer the translucent wings to the Kenku Mage mini. Plus it comes with a bonus Kenku that could either be used as a single Beakface Sneak or the Beakface Rogue that has been in SoV review.

Wildwood Runners
Nolzur's Blights (3) (MiniatureMarket)

While these cards aren't out yet, the original figure was hard enough to find that C3V approved a 3D printed alternate. But for anyone looking for something closer to the original figure announcement, these are a good fit. Plus they look like an awesome faction to play.

Wildwood Sentinels
Reaper Saproling Warrior (ID: 77495)

Another from the same faction as above, this one is definitely cheaper than the original mini, at least from my searching.

Wildwood Monarch
Nolzur's Shambling Mound (MiniatureMarket) or
Reaper Spirit of the Forest (ID: 77184)

Wanted to make sure I had the faction complete here if people wanted all their miniatures to look the same, and for those who enjoy painting, the Shambling Mound mini is very nearly the same style as the Stormrage Shambler mini, just unpainted. And both of these minis will *just* fit on a large single base.

Hrognak (Mounted)
Trihorn: Nolzur's Triceratops (1) (MiniatureMarket)
Hrognak: Orc Sniper (ID: 77056)

Okay, this has to be one of the coolest Heroscape customs I've seen, and I wanted to make sure there would be a way to assemble it moving forward even when the original supply dwindles. The Triceratops is very nearly the same size, but might need a little shaving from it's base to get it onto a large peanut. The Orc Archer serves double duty, as I know the Blood of Gruumsh set has gotten crazy expensive over time and many people may not have either Hrognak. This one is in very nearly the same pose as the actual sculpt too.

Otar
Wizkids Deep Cuts Wild Boar (MiniatureMarket)

Speaking of Dungeon Command, I realized we didn't actually have a Boar proxy for Otar, and I had found these minis while looking for Roman cavalry and just forgotten to share them. Better late than never, I guess.

Kira Jax
Reaper Tess, Adventuring Heroine (ID: 49020)

AT-43 minis are also on the tougher end to find, and this recent Reaper release feels like a good fit for her.

Zettian Infantry
Reaper Blackstar Corsair Alpha (ID: 80076)
Reaper Blackstar Corsair Charlie (ID: 80078)
Reaper Blackstar Corsair 5 (ID: 80080)

For those who would like a bit less of a Star-Wars-y twist on the sculpts for this squad - different look, but they're internally consistent, fit pretty well with the other Utgar Soulborgs (especially Deathwalker 7000) and the minis are almost the same size, these just have a more robust frame.

Uzog
Reaper Ogre Guard (ID: 77456)

I found proxies for the Durgeth in my last run through, so here's one for their hero, especially with availability on Paizo minis being pretty hit or miss. Still has the skulls hanging from his belt to get the same mini theme across.

Darkprowl Thrall
Reaper Dread Wolves (ID: 77533)

This thrall was missing from my first proxy list, but I just recently saw these in person and while the internet image may not look like a great match, the physical minis look much closer, and are an appropriate size - pretty much the same as the Wolves of Badru. Plus, each pack comes with two of them, so you can get your goal number for the thrall army pretty easily.

Siiv
Reaper Bloodcrest Sharpshooter (ID: 49005)

Slightly different lizard man in sci-fi armor, but I think it fits pretty well with the card image. Never seen the actual Siiv figure in person, so I don't know exactly how close/far off this one is, but it feels like a good fit to me.

Children of the Dark Star
Reaper Squog Warriors (ID: 77268) & Reaper Squog Shaman (ID: 77269)
or
Nolzur's Grey Slaad and Death Slaad (MiniatureMarket)

A relatively recent playtesting release, but ones with solidly fitting proxies. The Squogs have three distinct sculpts, but height wise are 1-2 hexes shorter than the actual figures, while the Slaad's are closer to the right height but you'll have to make 3 packs into two squads because of the lack of sculpt diversity. When the Nolzur's Green Slaad drops from preorder there'll be a third option, but those just came out around the holidays.

Hopefully the long-winded list is helpful to everyone! I'm hoping to eventually find at least one proxy for every VC figure so that everything remains findable and playable for as long as possible!

Cheers, all!
Old January 15th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

A couple more possibilities for Kira Jax
Colonel Poison, Heroclix DC Rebirth, #27
Duchess, DC Harley Quinn and the Gotham Girls, #27
There is also Mercenary from the Harley Quinn set, same sculpt as Duchess, but with a different paint job. It has been out of stock at CoolStuffInc and Troll and Toad whenever I have looked it up.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 15th, 2020, 09:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, all! I owe the OP a big update. I'll try to get to it today.

I'm disinclined to put unavailable minis in the OP.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 15th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I snagged a few Venom Trolls as solid alternates to the Zombie Hulk.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 15th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks, all! I owe the OP a big update. I'll try to get to it today.

I'm disinclined to put unavailable minis in the OP.
It is available on ebay, most at reasonable prices. CSI and TnT are my usual go-to's, though.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 15th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah, ok. I'll include it then. Thanks!

= =
Old January 15th, 2020, 08:23 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

@robbdaman That looks like a fantastic zombie hulk proxy! I'll have to go get a couple - that's been one that's missing from my collection and one of my group really wants to try a full zombie army. Thanks for posting that!
Old January 16th, 2020, 08:24 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
This one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1872509 looks more like the Varja to me. Just cut off the base, and the spear. If you need minor adjustments to the model, send it to me, and I can move arms and legs around, and reposition stuff, and send it back.
Looks cool. Ive eyeballed that model before. Im not sure how well my fdm printer will handle that with support removal but Ill chop the spear out in blender and give it a shot. Taking the base away may screw with how the feet are oriented. Ill probably keep the base with the test print.
Yeah I saw that one too. It looked cool, but I was thrown off by the base.... but hey, I'm fine with it!
Super modeller Miguel Zavala (mz4250) modelled a nightwalker that would be good for the Varja:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5TZ9EKT6Y/nightwalker
If anyone can speak to the similarity in size, I'd appreciate it. I love the look!

= =
Old January 16th, 2020, 08:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
This one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1872509 looks more like the Varja to me. Just cut off the base, and the spear. If you need minor adjustments to the model, send it to me, and I can move arms and legs around, and reposition stuff, and send it back.
Looks cool. Ive eyeballed that model before. Im not sure how well my fdm printer will handle that with support removal but Ill chop the spear out in blender and give it a shot. Taking the base away may screw with how the feet are oriented. Ill probably keep the base with the test print.
Yeah I saw that one too. It looked cool, but I was thrown off by the base.... but hey, I'm fine with it!
Super modeller Miguel Zavala (mz4250) modelled a nightwalker that would be good for the Varja:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5TZ9EKT6Y/nightwalker
If anyone can speak to the similarity in size, I'd appreciate it. I love the look!
Stl files can be sized however big or small. Not sure on the size exactly of the original but it can be sized to the same height.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 16th, 2020, 08:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Major update complete through here.

As always, thanks to everyone for their contributions. Please let me know if I missed something, and keep 'em coming!

= =
Old January 25th, 2020, 12:10 PM

Sgt.Erock knows what's in an order marker Sgt.Erock knows what's in an order marker

Hello Dad Scapper, I’ve been creating 3D printable Proxy models for SOV/C3V figures that are hard to get. So far I’ve made a Proxy’s for Kon-Tar-Na , Azazel The Kyrie Warrior, The Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep, and the Hrognak Howdah.

I post them to the HS Facebook page and on Thingiverse. It was suggested to me that this thread would be the perfect place for me to get the word out about these STL models . This would be a super inexpensive way to get custom proxys as long as you had a 3D printer. I don’t know anything about how to post them to this site. I’ll try and figure out how to post a picture of the models for your consideration.

Thanks
Sgt Erock

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs