Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Deathreavers

The Book of Deathreavers
Thora's Vengeance - Collection 5 - "Warriors and Soulborgs"
Valkrill's Gambit - Collection 10 - "Warriors and Soulborgs"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: A mile beneath the surface of Alpha Prime a Mariedian woman holds her arms tightly around her knees, rocking back and forth, trying not to make a sound. Echoing through the maze of tunnels and shafts is the sound of scratching, a horrible sound, all too familiar. They've sent out the rodents, vile little machines, always seeking, always scratching, always gnawing. It’s not so much the threat of the Deathreavers in and of themselves that incites overwhelming fear, it’s what they bring. The Reavers are sent out as scouts, to crawl into the smallest places, climb over and through the roughly built barriers, and find what they seek. When attacked, the Reavers scatter. If even one of them lives to return to the surface, the Mariedians know they’ll have to abandon their hard-earned shelter and so they fight: They fight with everything they have, to pry open the horrible metal shells and gut the Reavers of all of their twisted wires and cold circuits. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- SCATTER : Conditions of attacking figures
Can a Deathreaver attack another friendly Deathreaver to initiate Scatter?
No, a Deathreaver cannot attack another friendly Deathreaver. We have made a running change to the card.The updated text for scatter is:

SCATTER: After a Deathreaver you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, you may move any 2 Deathreavers you control up to 4 spaces each. (Hasbro FAQ)

SCATTER AND GLYPHS: If a Deathreaver is on a glyph but is killed by an attack that triggers a Scatter, is it removed before the Scatter, thus allowing another Deathreaver to take its place on the glyph?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
1) The rat is first killed and removed from the board
2) Then you scatter with 2 other rats

Synergy Benefits Received
- N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Deathreavers- Nothing is more annoying than an opponent’s Rats clogging the battlefield and tying down your units. They are also arguably the best glyph grabbers and holders for their cost. A+

OEAO: A+

Cleon: Tier 10 (1/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A+

Master Index
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 8th, 2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I thought it worth pointing out that these guys are soulborgs, and are thus immune to Toxic Skin and Marro Plague. Perhaps an "immunities" heading could be added under synergies?

As for strategy, I'd recommend these guys for glyph-holding. Anytime the one holding the glyph is killed, scatter another one onto his spot.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Hate facing them when I have range, hard to kill cause of good defense, once you kill one, another scatters to its place, wish I had some, 'nuff said.

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
In my aggrevated opinion, they seem to be too much goodness for 40 points.
With such an affordable price, they can be tacked on anywhere in a draft -especially if the collection owner has plenty of squads to divy out to players ( I have 9 squads!) - and royally interfere with a lot army drafts.
I can see their defense at 3 or their squad figure allotment reduced to three figures, or a points increase, or a move of 5, heck even an attack value of 0...
The Scatter with Disengage is the salt in the wound. You can devote the time in attempting to destroy the buggers, but that would also advance the opponent's rats on your turn (unless some special attack renders the Scatter harmless).
Even if you can attempt an attack, other 'reavers can simply slip out of view from the remainder of your activated squad's attack and almost in essence, remove that order marker for that unit.
It's frustrating!
And all for 10 points each figure!

*someone mentioned a Dumetef is worth 25 points if their opponent wastes time to kill it.
Imagine the Deathreavers in this case, for 40 points, and that's IF a player is lucky enough to bag one of the Soulborg vermin.

Personally, they've taken a lot of the fun out of drafting some otherwise excellent units (Wulsinu, Vipers, and slow-moving melee units).

I do like that unique squads seem to handle or bypass the reavers well (Samurai, Ninja, Nakitas with Engagement Strike), but again this is a common, low-point squad they're up against.
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:35 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Just run your Tagawa's up against them. Bloodlust here we come!

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Just run your Tagawa's up against them. Bloodlust here we come!
But again, the first Tagawa attacks a reaver.
Regardless if he destroys it or not, the other two Scattering reavers simply move away (if they were engaged to the samurai) robbing you of the rest of your turn.
On your opponent's turn, he moves the 'reavers back in to engage and hold down the samurai or shoots down on your samurai with range.
That's fine, I'm okay with this and knowing to draft accordingly when I see the little roborodents on the board.
But my concern is how potent of a squad is for a mere 40 points.
They've the defense of Knights with the speed and agility of Orcs!
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Speaking of the speed and agility of orcs, I've found they're the best counter to the Reavers. Blade gruts run the same cost/unit and with disengage can simply ignore the Reavers. Most players won't bother activating the Reavers very often once the battle is in full swing, and the orcs can just move right on by them to juicier targets. After all, they can't scatter if you don't attack them.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu
Speaking of the speed and agility of orcs, I've found they're the best counter to the Reavers. Blade gruts run the same cost/unit and with disengage can simply ignore the Reavers. Most players won't bother activating the Reavers very often once the battle is in full swing, and the orcs can just move right on by them to juicier targets. After all, they can't scatter if you don't attack them.
Rise of the Orcs....again!
The reavers' low cost and draft choice during any portion of the pre-game selection (granted there are enough Deathreaver squads in the draft pool to play the surprise pick later in the selection procedure) can surprise someone not building up a sizeable orc force.

~
Reavers vs. Reavers then? Ah!

Sorry, I know I sound bitter about these guys, but I've experienced and witnessed the sheer frustration of one's army completely shut down by these little roborodents that they're not even that much fun for me to play.
The Viper army is not as potent, the Wulsinu have been severely neutered, and the already challenged melee units run against yet another snag...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Reavers flawed in all the goodness one gets for a mere 40 points per squad.
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Flawed?!?

Sacrilege!

More seriously, the unit that supersedes rats in their tie down ability is the Gladiatrons. If you're looking for a cheap way to interdict rats, there it is. Really, the Glads make a great counterdraft for any disengage unit regardless of whether or not you use the Blasties with them.

~Aldin, who doesn't think there are any large/huge figs with disengage...

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Tornak, Nerak and the Swog, all have Disengage and are Large.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin

More seriously, the unit that supersedes rats in their tie down ability is the Gladiatrons. If you're looking for a cheap way to interdict rats, there it is. Really, the Glads make a great counterdraft for any disengage unit regardless of whether or not you use the Blasties with them.

Yeah, love the gladiatrons for the Cyber Claw - even pre-Blastatrons days, they were a favorite of mine and it was because of the CCC Orc armies I might someday have to face!
But cheap? they cost twice as much as four Deathreavers and their 2 attack might make a difference.
I'd gladly send out Reavers to engage the Gladiatrons in order to prevent any of my other units from getting da Claw!
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ah yes - Tornak, Nerak and the Swog. Hmmm. I guess it's good to know there are no perfect plans

And Hex, for the price of a unit of Gladiatrons you can interdict a twelve hex wide front behind which are the valuable ranged units. It isn't the toe-to-toe with the rats you're paying for, it's the impenetrable line.

~Aldin, who would rather be the guy with the rats

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units