Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
jasinskiracing

Games Workshop Warhammer 40K Tau Pathfinders

well...after lurking and trolling this forum for only about a couple weeks i certainly would like to commend everyone who has shown everyone else how to make custom cards for custom units, links they have posted, software they have written etc.

anyhow...i used to be a big Warhammer 40K player and with GW's recent edition of the TAU....i felt the Pathfinders to be a great addition and kind of along the lines of the Hasbro Commandos. after i paint up the unit i'll post pics.......right now i'm thinking Delta Force scheme used in the movie "Black Hawk Down"

below is the first card i created with HCC and a 'lil tweaking to the image....

also....the miniatures can be found at: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...og/default.htm

~jeff
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:08 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just pointing out you forgot hit zones.

And just from looking at the card's powers I would say this thing is WAAAYYYY underpriced. Plus how would Squad targeting, which needs help on the wording, and Double Attack work together?

Old November 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Hmm, let's see... 2 attacks per figure, they Drop so we can assume height. Plus squad targeting. So with one good activation, we get two attacks at 3 dice, and four attacks at 4 dice. That's the best damage output in the game, no question. Yeah, definitely underpriced.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
jasinskiracing

i appreciate the feedback guys......i agree with underpricing 'em. they should get bumped up. the powers will change a bit while i'm thinking of how to add the Tau Stealth teams.....Firewarriors and maybeeeeeeeeeee a Crisis Suit.....probably not. i just want to limit the group round out to 3 types and keep their tactical scope within a Infiltrate and OR Deep Strike discipline. The Pathfinders carry Carbines and the Firewarriors (Common Tau Soldier) carry Rifles.....Burst shot vs. Focused shot was my thinking on it. What do you guys think about for a Unit Price?

<lol> i haven't played 40k in a few years and i know the Tau Codex would explain "Markerlights" which pop up in the Tau section on GW's website.

when i find out more about the markerlights i can keep all their skills concentric to that tactic.

i don't want 'em to be a lame group or a powerful group.....just in between where even if they were a pick among other units for your nights battle they'll offer a unique skill to rely on.

all comments are definitely welcome

'lil more tweaking on the stats and skills....

~jeff
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Interesting, I have just started painting a new Tau army for 40k.

If you are going to do Tau units you have to do a Fire Warrior Squad. For me personally I would say you have to add in a Commander Farsight Hero figure. But that is just me.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Anyone else find it odd that a Guest is able to post? Or did I miss something?

Anywho, just out of curiosity, when you roll for the drop, do all squads of the Pathfinders get placed? Or just 1 squad? They're common, so I wasn't sure how you had planned on handling that.

smallboxgames.com
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
They should be unique. There should never be an opportunity to have no units on the field.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:59 PM

jasinskiracing has disabled reputation
musta been a bbs fluke....i had to recreate my account because i couldn't log back in.

Bannister....i haven't played 40k in so long but, when i did i started out with Eldar then migrated to Space Marines.......the Eldar were better.

the big thing i noticed with the Tau is they are hand to hand combat useless so i was thinking on skills that add to their Attack Die through as long as they are not in HTH. Defense is kinda hard to flush out.....i was thinking 2 for Pathfinders, 3 for Fire Warriors and 4 for Stealth Suits (4 for X15 and 5 for X25) The Crisis Battlesuit i'd say could be equal to a Deathwalker with the exception of Lives since it has a Pilot and it can fly.....well.....jump far actually.

it's a good group i think focusing on fast assault and firepower but, still having a weakness that can be exploited. after all the Tau have the Kroot for HTH but, i think Samurai work well for that.

Old November 9th, 2006, 05:42 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I'm a fan of the Tau design but I always disliked the color schemes. I never understood why GW decided they should wear yellow armor. I have a few Tau Pathfinders which I intended to use for either an Elite Human Special Ops group or for an Elite Alien Special Ops group. I gave them a black paint scheme with dark metallic for the armor. The details are pretty muted but I much prefer that design over yellow which makes very little sense for warfare unless the planet you're on happens to be yellow! :P

As for your Pathfinders, your First Assault ability is problematic. Since the Pathfinders have Range they'll be able to have the 3 bonus attack the vast majority of the time. Also it ends up working differently from Valguard's ability because of the range. In addition the ability currently works for ALL the Pathfinders instead of for each individual one. I'd change it to something like:

When attacking with a Pathfinder, if the defending figure was not within 7 spaces of that Pathfinder at the start of the turn, that Pathfinder receives 3 additional attack dice.

You can probably boost the attack bonus with this version. Alternately you could make it so they receive the attack bonus if the defending figure was not within range to attack the pathfinder at the start of the turn but then they would almost always get the bonus against range 1 figures.

Anyway welcome to the sight and definitely post up your painted Tau!

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards