Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 11th, 2016, 02:12 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I want to get more but my wallet is in Rebellion.
You can buy that too, you know?
Old August 11th, 2016, 02:45 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
I want to get more but my wallet is in Rebellion.
You can buy that too, you know?
Hah!

Yes, and that is one I would love to have too. But there is that pesky problem with my stubborn wallet refusing to cough up the goods.

Adding to the problem I have unfortunately set my eyes and heart on Malifaux. There is something very appealing about that game. With the ridiculous amount of miniatures sets available for that game, I can see myself getting very addicted. I have resisted so far, but....

Sigh.... I simply can’t afford my addiction.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 11th, 2016, 02:53 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

My problem is time. I have a bunch of great games that I would love to play...
Old August 11th, 2016, 05:52 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yes I have that problem too. Time and money. I need lots more of both.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 11th, 2016, 05:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
As is mine. I have so many games that just need to be loved. That's how it works for the average guy though. You have time, or a little money, not usually both.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
As is mine. I have so many games that just need to be loved. That's how it works for the average guy though. You have time, or a little money, not usually both.
Yep, after going over my Gen Con purchases (and the unexpected arrival of my Kickstarted copy of The Others: 7 Sins, I officially do not have enough free time to get all my games played. I'm also hurting for shelf space, but that's another issue.

In regards to games played, I did get a chance to play a decent amount at Gen Con. Highlights include:

- Two games of Scythe, one of which I actually won. I really enjoy this game, and every time I play I see brand new strategies.

- two games of Blood Rage!. Still loving this game. I was lucky enough to pick up three of the four Kickstarter exclusive monsters at the CMON booth, as well.

- a very thematic, post-apocalyptic cooperative game called Salvation Road. It has some neat resource management and a cool action-selection mechanic. You play as two characters, one is a hero with an advantage, and the other is a survivor, with a disadvantage. You have to balance the two, and it makes for some fun choices.

- Cry Havoc, an excellent area control, light war gamish one with some neat minis. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and it has one of the coolest combat systems I've played. This would have been my favorite new one if I hadn't also played:

- Tyrants of the Underdark, which was probably my favorite new game. It has a combination of deck building with area control that involves lots of cutthroat player interaction. It includes spies, assassinations, supplanting enemy troops, and all kinds of underhanded dealings and has a great mechanism of "promoting" cards from your deck to make them worth more points at the expense of removing them from play (similar to the way entombing cards works in Valley of the Kings. Each game uses two "market" decks that you combine, and it comes with four separate decks with different mechanics, making for what appears to be a lot of replayability. I loved this one.

Now I just have to figure how to make more free time, or how to be paid handsomely to just play board games.

Last edited by akden; August 13th, 2016 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old August 14th, 2016, 12:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the GenCon report! I'm surprised you rated Tyrants so highly; I'll have to go back and reconsider that game. The reviews I've seen so far were not that glowing.
Old August 14th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It took awhile, but I finally finished the USCR faction from Mercs Recon. Not studio quality, but considering I'm a newb to painting minis and still have over 150 left, these will suffice for playing with.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 14th, 2016, 12:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think they turned out pretty great.
Old August 14th, 2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yep, they look awesome to me. But 150 still to go?? And here I am stressing over the measly 18 AotP figures I still have to paint.

Old August 14th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work Hahma.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 14th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, they look awesome to me. But 150 still to go?? And here I am stressing over the measly 18 AotP figures I still have to paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice work Hahma.

Thanks fellas!

I started on 8 figures from the Kemvar faction this morning. I think they will be easier, as there is not going to be any white (pain in the butt) and not as many different colors. There were 10 colors for the USCR, and may only be like 7 for the Kemvar. There will also not be certain detail work required that took a lot of back and forth over and over again to get right.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games