Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

NAME = MS. MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = KAMALA KHAN

SPECIES = INHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIAST

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 7

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SIZE CHANGING
Before taking a turn with Ms. Marvel you may choose if Ms. Marvel is considered Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge;
•If Ms. Marvel is considered Tiny, she cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagement attacks from Tiny figures.
• If Ms. Marvel is considered Medium, you may remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card.
•If Ms. Marvel is considered Large, or Huge has the Super Strength special ability, and you may add 2 to Ms. Marvel's Range and Attack numbers for the remainder of this turn.

STRETCH WALK 25
Instead of her normal move, Ms. Marvel may use Stretch Walk. Stretch Walk has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Stretch Walk, ignore elevations. Ms. Marvel may stretch over water without stopping, stretch over figures without becoming engaged and stretch over obstacles such as ruins. Ms. Marvel may not stretch more than 25 levels up or down with a single stretch. When Ms. Marvel starts to stretch, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think this design was recently posted in the Outer Sanctum. Very similar to yours.

Is there a figure for the character?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 5th, 2015, 06:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yep.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old October 5th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think this design was recently posted in the Outer Sanctum. Very similar to yours.

Is there a figure for the character?
I'm not surprised, Kamala Khan is a pretty straightforward character. She's still very cool though!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 18th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Invincible Iron Man set.
Its model number and name are #031 / Crimson Cowl.

NAME = CRIMSON COWL
SECRET IDENTITY = JUSTINE HAMMER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = AMBITIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ~190

MASTERS ARMY
If all other figures in your army are Unique Criminal Heroes or Unique Thief Heroes, then all other figures you control add 1 to their Attack numbers, and you may add 1 to your roll when rolling the 20-sided die for a special power on any Army Card you control.

TELEPORT ESCAPE
After Crimson Cowl is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to ignore that attack and place Crimson Cowl on any unoccupied space on the battlefield. Crimson Cowl will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with Teleport Escape, and cannot be placed adjacent to an opponent's figure.

ENTANGLING CLOAK
Opponents' figures that enter a space adjacent to Crimson Cowl must immediately stop their movement. Figures are only affected by Entangling Cloak as they move into engagement with Crimson Cowl

FLYING
------------
Bio - Justine is the daughter of notorious supervillain financier Justin Hammer. Raised to be self-reliant and capable, Justine came into her own in the guise of the Crimson Cowl, forming her own Masters of Evil after Helmut Zemo's team seemingly disbanded.

Unbeknownst to Justine, Zemo hadn't broken up the team, but secretly reformed it into the "heroic" Thunderbolts. Justine's new team of Masters became the principal rivals of the Thunderbolts as part of Justine's bid to make it bigger than her father ever had.
------------

Visited the Buffalo Comicon this weekend and picked up some back-issues of Thunderbolts on the cheap. Why this stuff isn't in Marvel Unlimited already, I'll never know.

There are some really good T-bolts characters that are unfortunately un-Clixed, but Crimson Cowl has a couple of minis. I went with the more recent, cheaper one, though I do like that the older mini is posed just like the artwork I used.

I was tempted to do something more traditionally OM-Hub-y for her leadership power, but I thought I'd go in a slightly different direction.
Old October 18th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Never Forgets

I like it! Can't wait for the T-bolts too.

Old October 19th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

She looks like ShadowWeaver from She-Ra.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 26th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterius View Post
This design has nothing to do with any of the resent talk. I've just been wanting to post him.

Quote:

NAME = Red Lantern
SECRET IDENTITY = Dex-Starr

SPECIES = Cat
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Ravager
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = ???

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

Red Power Battery 3
Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Red Lantern's Move and Attack numbers for each Battery Marker on this card.

Rage Vomit
After taking a turn with this Red Lantern, if he did not attack this turn, you may choose an adjacent figure and remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The chosen figure receives one wound for each removed Battery Marker.

Disarming Facade
At the beginning of each round before rolling for initiative, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker. While the “X” Order Marker is revealed on this Army Card, this Red Lantern cannot be targeted for an attack by an opponent’s figure. Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you may remove a revealed “X” Order Marker from this Army Card to subtract 1 defense die from the defending figure for each Battery Marker on this Army Card. After attacking with this Red Lantern, you must remove all revealed “X” Order Markers from this Army Card.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Dex-Starr.
Since we're debating this in the sanctum right now, I thought it was only fair to bring it up publicly before any votes were finalized.

Would you be open to significant changes to Disarming Facade?

Mechanically I hate the fact that it's the ultimate in cheesy turtling:

"At the beginning of each round before rolling for initiative, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker. While the “X” Order Marker is revealed on this Army Card, this Red Lantern cannot be targeted for an attack by an opponent’s figure."

So you can completely stop opponents from attacking him for entire rounds at a time. Yes, there are special attacks that do not require targeting, and there are special powers that wound and destroy, as well as special powers that remove OMs from cards. So it's not invincible. But if you don't have any of the aforementioned powers, and you have a super competitive and/or cheesy opponent, they can bring the game to a grinding halt in end game.

If you just put the "X" on Dex-Starr every single round and reveal it at the start of every single round, he's unkillable to most attackers. And he's this way until the player controlling him decides otherwise. That's a problem, because it creates a terrible gameplay situation.

The highly competitive player is going to wait around for opportunity strikes on the last OM of the round, whereas the cheesy player might just drag things out for the sake of dragging them out and being a jerk. Neither of these things are something I especially want to add to the game.

This is something that I'd feel more confident about seeing go into the public LD process if I knew that you were open to significant tweaks to address this issue (and would love to have an indication of what tweaks you'd propose).

Right now he feels too much like Crow 2.0 to me, and that's not something I'm keen to add to the process when there are plenty of other good designs out there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 26th, 2015, 11:06 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would suggest making changes like this:
Quote:
Disarming Facade
At the beginning of each round before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker. While an “X” Order Marker is revealed on this Army Card and this Red Lantern is not the only figure in your army, this Red Lantern cannot be targeted for an attack by an opponent’s figure. Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you must remove all revealed “X” Order Marker from this Army Card to subtract 1 defense die from the defending figure for each Battery Marker on this Army Card.
It's simple and clear up any problems I think of. The last two changes are just to simplify wording.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old October 26th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It works, but it's a bit of a sledgehammer approach and not my preference. What's the theme behind your not recognizing the glowing red cat as a foe until all of his allies are gone? Heck, for that matter, what's the theme of you recognizing him as a foe on and off depending on how he leverages his X-Marker? I get the intent, but the execution is thematically off.

I think a stronger thematic approach might be something that stays in effect until the first time he attacks, for instance. He looks like a cat, but then he strikes out and suddenly it's clear he's not a cat. I'm not 100% sure how to accomplish that in a competitively balanced way, though.

Having a take on this that's both thematic and mechanically balanced is my main concern here. I'd love to hear from the potential LD.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old October 26th, 2015, 04:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It works, but it's a bit of a sledgehammer approach and not my preference. What's the theme behind your not recognizing the glowing red cat as a foe until all of his allies are gone? Heck, for that matter, what's the theme of you recognizing him as a foe on and off depending on how he leverages his X-Marker? I get the intent, but the execution is thematically off.

I think a stronger thematic approach might be something that stays in effect until the first time he attacks, for instance. He looks like a cat, but then he strikes out and suddenly it's clear he's not a cat. I'm not 100% sure how to accomplish that in a competitively balanced way, though.

Having a take on this that's both thematic and mechanically balanced is my main concern here. I'd love to hear from the potential LD.
What you are saying is...

A Cat (So, obviously, not a sock)

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 26th, 2015, 05:54 PM

Asterius is surprisingly tart

I would be fine with some changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy