Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old January 7th, 2007, 01:49 AM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Cartoon challenge

At dinner tonight my family and I started discussing cartoons (when you have 6, 9, and 11 year old boys, it's a common topic). The boys started talking about how stupid the dad was on Jimmy Neutron. My wife made a comment that it was too bad that the cartoon showed the dad being such a doofus. I asked the boys what cartoon they watched showed the dad being smart (or at least not an imbecile). We struggled to find any. We discovered that shows made for girls are more likely to have a competent father figure.

My challenge to you... Name the cartoons on TV where the dads are competent.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:54 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!

some more

nope, i got nothing...
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:55 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Spongebob Squarpants:

Why because Spongebobs dad isn't a doofus. He's just normal.

I can't think of much else.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Inspector Gadget....oh wait...
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:00 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Johnny Quest.

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. The only other one that comes close could be Dexter's Lab, depending upon how you view the actual reality of Dexter's lab on the show (there are times when I feel that it's completely imaginary).

Oh, and BTW, I thought of a cartoon aimed at girls that is does not follow your rule: The Proud Family.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Herculoids!

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!

lightfight has disabled reputation
The fathers from Rugrats were fairly competent overall. I hated that show though.

Old January 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You know, you could expand this sadness into the whole realm of television - the number of good fathers represented is vanishingly small.

~Aldin, fatheringly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
You know, you could expand this sadness into the whole realm of television - the number of good fathers represented is vanishingly small.

~Aldin, fatheringly
Cosby, Full House, Family Matters. Its late or I could probably think of more...
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:08 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:

~Aldin, fatheringly
Cosby, Full House, Family Matters. Its late or I could probably think of more...
Good points, but I think that if you compare the role of fathers on television as they've regressed over the past 50 years, you'll see that they are becoming much more mocked and less revered.

I've had many conversations with my wife in which we discuss how I feel this is actually more damaging than violence on television for youngsters.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:

~Aldin, fatheringly
Good points, but I think that if you compare the role of fathers on television as they've regressed over the past 50 years, you'll see that they are becoming much more mocked and less revered.

I've had many conversations with my wife in which we discuss how I feel this is actually more damaging than violence on television for youngsters.
Thats true, and probably the reason I couldn't think of anything more recent.

Oh another good example would be Home Improvement.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
None of which are on the air in anything but syndication. Everybody Loves Raymond gets a nod from most. And I didn't say nonexistant... just vanishingly small

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media