Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old October 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
the black castle looks great! but it clashes horribly with the norm.
I agree. The only reason they are together in these pics is because I wanted a big structure and had to use them.

Technically the black castle is my son's. My two sets are only washed.
Old October 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Starting Zone Markers

Starting Zone Markers

Most of the games I play are with three other people. We usually play 1v1v1v1 on large boards. We choose a starting zone based on a roll of the twenty sider. Highest roller picks first.

I thought it would be cool to have a marker to place in the start zone to mark your spot. Each stone has an initial carved into it. One for each of us and another for my son.

First I marked out where to cut the foam.

Then I cut it out the rough shape.

In this step I smoothed out the foam with a pencil. The foam is like really soft wood. So shaping it was easy. You can see where it sticks to the pencil.

First one done!

Second one done!

This image shows my orginal sketch. I usually draw out what I'm going to make before I make it.

Here you can see all five markers are finished. I also carved in each initial. After all the carving was finished, I glued the foam to the based I made out of Paperclay. And then they received several coats of watered down Mod Podge to add strength.

Here you can see the bottom of the base. It is the same as the bases of the trees from RttFF.

And a close up for detail.

The next step was a coat of textured spray paint.

I wanted to make it look like the glyphs were glowing, so I started with white.

Then I built up the color in three, progressively more opaque, coats.

After two drybrush coats of highlights.

And on the board!
Old October 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM

JakeAndy has disabled reputation
Great idea!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
JakeAndy's Custom Terrain
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:04 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Sweet.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Amazing! What foam do you use? i might want to crank some out.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
I want to play Eternal Darkness now.

Amazing customs btw.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
Amazing! What foam do you use? i might want to crank some out.
Forists foam. The kind you stick in vases to hold the flowers in place. I purchased it at Michael's.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1shark
I want to play Eternal Darkness now.

Amazing customs btw.
Thanks!

What is Eternal Darkness?
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:46 PM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
how about a tutorial for the base?
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:53 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
From the "paperclay" topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
OK. After three tries I found out the easiest way to make bases with Paperclay.

Form the base and press a Glyph into the bottom.

Shape around the Glyph and let dry. I put mine in the toaster oven @ 180 degrees for about an hour.

After it cools, the Glyph will pop right out.

Fits perfect!

All I have to do now is sand the edges a bit to take off some of the "roundness".
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks Moose!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
WOOOT an update!

Those look sweet!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles