Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
I'm betting 15mm will be the size.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:32 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think they said :
Quote:
Yes, the figures in a hex will typically be in the 1-4 range (1 for big unique figures like the Creatures, 3-4 for infantry and cavalry units).

In terms of sizes of the sculpts, the dwarf is 22 mm from bottom of base to top of head. Humans on cavalry are about 30mm high from bottom of base to top of head, and the Hill Giant is 40mm+

It will use the left-center-right command card mechanic as in Memoir '44:

Can't wait - info here: http://blog.battlelore.com/en/
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:07 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Ahh ok. Thanks guys. I especially appreciate the "from top to bottom" measurements since I was never much of a miniatures wargamer before I got HS and always ended up scratching my head when I read 30mm or 40mm.

Speaking of which is HS 40mm? 32?

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:10 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
The production values of the game will be high. The cards themselves are really nice and colorful.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Good find, reap. Its getting me more fired up for the game. Check out the battle dice:

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Available for Pre-Order on the DOW website.

http://www.battlelore.com/
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Available for Pre-Order on the DOW website.

http://www.battlelore.com/
Ya I got the e-mail this morning but DAMN! $70 bones. I was going to use all of my ca$h points at the game preserve to get FF's marvel game.....but I might have to get Battlelore instead.

PS Oh come on since when does a "building built by beavers" need to be changed to darn?????

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:40 PM

skullsgood has disabled reputation
Thanks for the pre-order info - done and dusted!

Incidently, you receive both promos - the hill giant and the earth elemental - if you pre-order. At least you do in Europe, and I can't imagine that the offer is any different in North America.
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsgood

Incidently, you receive both promos - the hill giant and the earth elemental - if you pre-order. At least you do in Europe, and I can't imagine that the offer is any different in North America.
I know in the States you get the Hill Giant for pre-ordering and you can pick up the EE for demo-ing the game at local events starting later this month.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Logrey has disabled reputation
Quote:

Actually Eric (DoW CEO) confirmed that this is NOT the case in the US. US/Canadians will only get the Hill Giant, because they're convinced that we'll have easy access to the Elemental. Only Europe is getting both. (since convention distribution is expected to be more difficult over there, or something like that)
Old October 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrey
Quote:

Actually Eric (DoW CEO) confirmed that this is NOT the case in the US. US/Canadians will only get the Hill Giant, because they're convinced that we'll have easy access to the Elemental. Only Europe is getting both. (since convention distribution is expected to be more difficult over there, or something like that)
That's kind of lame...I'm not sure if I'm going to get into this or not. I think I'll wait to see. I won't pre-order, even if it means missing out on the Hill Giant. By not ordering from on-line stores you are essentially paying 20 bucks for him anyway, and I can't imagine any one figure being worth that.
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
I know at least one player whose local store is discounting his preorder 10%. So you don't necessarily have to pay list price at a local store.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games