Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Are Marro Warriors under priced
Yes 76 41.53%
No 107 58.47%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31st, 2006, 09:20 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
If you were allowed to attack with some Marro Warriors and clone with the others on the same turn I would say they were under priced. If this was possible you could constantly keep trying to bring a figure back as soon as one went down, all the while attacking with the other alive figures in the squad that arn't trying to clone. As is though, cloning when you have 3 figures isn't very efficient because you have three figures up that could be attacking (and you might roll a 10+ on your first try). You are just wasting a turn trying to bring one figure back and not actually doing any damage to your enemy. On the other hand, cloning when you are down to one figure takes awhile to build back up your force. Cloning isn't a sure thing either, only a 50% chance. For a 4 man range squad that has ok attack and defense I would say they are one of the better squads, but they arn't under priced imo.
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:45 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
MementoMori: so can do the marros with another shooter squad... for example against the 4th mass. line with their low standard defence if marros attacks first. And the mass. line has to wait and fire to get an basic attack of 3, which is marro standard, and the marros cost less and have better move...

and yes, the 4. mass line is quite a fine squad with range.

Thor: cloning is a nice feature but i experienced in my games that they killed their 50 points value often before even have to try to clone. And for many figures you have to roll much better than 10+ to use their specials.

btw, 10+ for watercloning is more likely than 50 %...

Bye, Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:29 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I like using them and don't like facing them. It's kind of like some sort of horror movie, "did I get all of them?"
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I like using them and don't like facing them. It's kind of like some sort of horror movie, "did I get all of them?"
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0
And the mass. line has to wait and fire to get an basic attack of 3, which is marro standard, and the marros cost less and have better move...
Marro base attack is 2 not 3

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
i have mastered the art of MW play. They might be my favorite squad. pack a lot of punch for 50 points, if you know how to use them effectively. but against any card. One on one, I can usually kill any army card, with the just the marrows. 5 games in a row, charos, krug, Q9, and all the rest of the "big guys" fell victim with one on one battles with the MW.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
R˙chean: i thought no one will notice that but they still are better than their points... hrhrhr

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
i have mastered the art of MW play. They might be my favorite squad. pack a lot of punch for 50 points, if you know how to use them effectively. but against any card. One on one, I can usually kill any army card, with the just the marrows. 5 games in a row, charos, krug, Q9, and all the rest of the "big guys" fell victim with one on one battles with the MW.
Holding the Marros in reserve to the end of the game really facilitates this. Last time I played my son he didn't even have to put an order marker on the Marros, and it gave me a headache until he put me out of my misery.
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:45 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
The last time I played the marros, they crippled the enemies AE by killing 2 of them in the first turn. The AE of course then kill 2 marros. Many turns later, after both armies had suffered heavy casualties, my marros sneak to the creek, and get a clone. Then they proceed to mop up the remaining 200 points of my enemies broken squads.

It was awesome because I was able to use them as an early game counter-range unit, and a late game mop up force because of their clone.
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:58 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0
MementoMori: so can do the marros with another shooter squad... for example against the 4th mass. line with their low standard defence if marros attacks first. And the mass. line has to wait and fire to get an basic attack of 3, which is marro standard, and the marros cost less and have better move...

and yes, the 4. mass line is quite a fine squad with range.

Thor: cloning is a nice feature but i experienced in my games that they killed their 50 points value often before even have to try to clone. And for many figures you have to roll much better than 10+ to use their specials.

btw, 10+ for watercloning is more likely than 50 %...

Bye, Chicano.
They are one of the better squads in the game, no doubt about it, but I just don't feel they are underpriced. They don't work with any other unit except Su-Bak, and water cloning is only really useful after you have lost 2 Marro Clones. If you do it before that you will most likely get your one lost Marro back, but you are wasting a turn where you could have attacked three times. With 1 MW left you can only get back one other your first turn, and then your second turn get two more back to bring the squad to full strength. And that's only if you roll 10+ each and every time. Two turns to bring the squad back when you could have been trying to kill your opponent? And who is to say you arn't continually losing more and more Marro. Two Marro Warriors is the ideal time to try and clone, as someone else stated, but even then it can be a tug-o-war between bringing Marro Warriors back and losing them to attacks.

Now I realize the Marro have comparable stats to the 4th Mass. They both have the same range and same base attack. The Marro have 1 more move and 1 more defense though. The 4th Mass can fairly easily get both of these if you draft Marcus and keep your army all Valiant. They also can gain an extra attack by simply sitting in position. With these fairly minor conditions met you have a unit that is the exact same as the Marro Warriors, but have 1 more attack each and cost 20 more points. And this is not even taking into consideration the fact that the 4th Mass. are common, which definetly adds to their cost. The first time the Marro Warriors take a casualty they have to choose between trying to bring him back or attacking. Either way they are not at full strength after that first death. The 4th Mass. on the other hand, can still be full strength up to 4 casualties as long as you have drafted at least 2 squads of them.

I think the Marro Warriros are definetly a good stand alone unit and quite a good deal for their cost, but I don't think they are under cost. And, even if they are under cost I could only see it being 5-10 points max all things considered. The fact that they are unique really works for lowering their point cost.
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:24 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
For me, they are one of the best units for the price.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think they are priced great, now if they where a common unit they would be underpriced.

Great thread, I still use them a lot, a fun squad all around

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units