Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 31st, 2006, 10:02 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Best Melee Units under 100 points?

Let's say you had 100 points left in an army and needed some melee units, since you've already got good range. What would you spend it on, all things being equal? (i.e., no bonding options, etc., just pure melee)

Gladiatrons? Warriors of Ashra x2?

Once I've got a few suggestions, I'll make it a poll.
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
MacDirk warriors, if you have previously drafted a human champion.

Alistair...no wait, he's 110.....

Somehow, i have had amazing luck with Finn, but not thorgrim. Finn once defended an atatck from Dumutef Guard on road (5/5 skulls) with 5/5 shields (height advantage).
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Don't laugh...

Obsidian Guards

I told you not to laugh. Seriously their 4 Attack and 4 Defense is nothing to sneeze at.

Old August 31st, 2006, 10:39 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Don't forget the Samurai!

Izumi Samurai (60) + Venoc Vipers (40)

Kozuke Samurai (100)

Also, the Deathstalkers make a nice solid Melee squad for 100pts.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 31st, 2006, 10:40 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
and the Marrden Hounds aren't bad
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:49 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Depends on the rest of the army, of course, but I like the 2xAshra option with most anything.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:54 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
2 Romans
Old August 31st, 2006, 10:56 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
EOV
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:04 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
As people have said it depends on the army....

I was in a draft game last night with this very option before me....

I had 2xblastatrons, 1 set of Gladiatrons, and the Krav....

I took Major X17 to nicely round out that Vydar army to an even 400 points and give me another soulborg who follows Vydar to help the Blasts out....

all relative to what you have for your other 300 points.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 31st, 2006, 11:04 AM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
Two units of Roman Legionnaires.

Old August 31st, 2006, 11:52 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
As Jormi_Boced and Kenntak stated...

2 X Roman Legionnaires

They, the Sacred Band, and the Tarn Vikings have the best cost ratio of Attack Dice per point value. All three units have 4 attacks with 3 Attack Dice (12 Attack Dice effectively) per for 50 points.

The Tarns lose out because they are a Unique Squad. Even with the Beserker Charge, they can't make up for the power of multiple Commons.

The Sacred Band loses out to the Romans because most of their power is based on what other units are in your army.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old August 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Obsidian Guards

I told you not to laugh. Seriously their 4 Attack and 4 Defense is nothing to sneeze at.
True... but there's only three of them, they move slow, and they'd have to avoid water at all costs. Still, interesting choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Izumi Samurai (60) + Venoc Vipers (40)

Kozuke Samurai (100)

Also, the Deathstalkers make a nice solid Melee squad for 100pts.
Also, all interesting choices. Kozuke are good for running up and engaging, but are they worth more than six smaller units? hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
As Jormi_Boced and Kenntak stated...

2 X Roman Legionnaires

They, the Sacred Band, and the Tarn Vikings have the best cost ratio of Attack Dice per point value. All three units have 4 attacks with 3 Attack Dice (12 Attack Dice effectively) per for 50 points.
How would you compare the 2xRoman Legions vs 2xWarriors of Ashra? Romans have an extra unit, but the elf women have that awesome defense ability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles