Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 18th, 2024, 07:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
A d20 Between Love & Hate

So, I recently played a couple of games using Cyprien Esenwein and had pretty terrible luck with his Chilling Touch roll, attempting it 7 or 8 times and succeeding only once, rolling a 13. This is about the same level of success I've had with Cyprien's power as long as I've been playing him. I always have similar bad luck with Isamu's Vanish power; I make the roll once or twice, but never a third time. On the other hand, I historically have unusually good luck with the Dreadgul Raiders' Berserker Charge; I make the roll about half the time, and I play them a lot so I have a pretty big sample size. I've also rolled at least one 20 for Unleashed Fury every time I've ever played the Anubian Wolves (the last game I played with them I hit 20 three times).

Anyone else have certain powers that they have exceptionally good or bad luck with?
Old March 18th, 2024, 08:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: A d20 Between Love & Hate

I once played someone in Maryland who hit the Parmenio power to protect the Sacred Band five times in a row.

Old March 18th, 2024, 08:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I’ve had some exceptionally bad luck against Ne-Gok-Sa. Sample size is small, but after it happened a 3rd time it feels like all the time

The most devastating was when I had Zelrig shackled early and then my Romans in my start zone were sitting ducks.

-insert signature here-
Old March 18th, 2024, 10:50 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I once played someone in Maryland who hit the Parmenio power to protect the Sacred Band five times in a row.
You forgot the time you rolled so many Frenzies with Vipers that you won the game before I took a turn.
Old March 19th, 2024, 06:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

When Atlaga first came out, I had great luck with his Bolt of Witherwood, wiping out key opposing characters in one shot in several games! This was the most extreme example of wacky die rolling in a game where it happens all the time.
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Morsbane. Always negated my friend's Cyprien. Once got a nat 20, destroying Braxas and then finished off a one life Nilfheim on the same turn.

Deadeye Dan is the most legendary as his luck spread across to all players.
We joked about him chilling by the fireplace with all the dragon heads over the mantle.
Also Ne-Gok was really good with anyone and mind shackle, helps that he is tough as nails.
However the War Witch was terrible at mind shackle.

Usually had pretty good luck with Braxas. Won General Wars one year at Gen Con mostly on those rolls.
One guy was really bitter when I melted two knights and Sir Gilby in one turn.
Old March 31st, 2024, 06:19 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

At a recent tournament I lost a full health Nilfheim on round 2 of a game to Cyprien's first Chilling Touch roll of the game, a 19 boosted by Sonya to 21. That was rough. My Greenscale Warriors army was toast at that point. His movement is insane and there's nowhere to hide from him.

As others have said Atlaga's Bolt of the Witherwood. It seems to be more successful than not in my experience.

I've also had pretty good luck with Ne-gok-sa in home games. Usually being able to Mind Shackle one unit when boosted by Su-bak-na. He can take a beating and keep on rolling.
Old March 31st, 2024, 06:36 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
D20

The most egregious one is that I've brought Dividers to more than one tournament and have run 4-5 squads often. Dividers routinely average 2 divides per game every time I play them no matter how many squads it is.

I have on the other hand had amazing luck with Sudema's Stare of Stone. I'm pretty sure I'm on double digits of heroes killed with her despite only having about 12ish tournament games with her.

~Dysole, who will always have a soft spot for d20 units
Old April 1st, 2024, 09:06 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
You forgot the time you rolled so many Frenzies with Vipers that you won the game before I took a turn.
I had one of those nights, back in the early days. We'd just gotten our Elite Onyx Vipers from the Walmart exclusive RotV, and we were playing our first (and only!) King of the Hill match. My vipers frenzied like six or seven times in a row, and I took the other team's flag back to our start zone before another order maker was revealed!

On the other hand, the d20 has never been kind to me when using the Marro Warriors, for like the past twenty years.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion