Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 26th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Lava Resistance in D2?

Interesting that two of the new D2 figures have Lava Resistance when Lava has generally been unavailable for quite some time. Is it possible that this indicates a possible re-release of some of the older terrain sets in the near future?

Just food for thought,
Cigarman
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:45 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lava Resistance in D2?

Possibly. Maybe they feel that there aren't enough figures with that ability. Either way, let's hope it's a positive foreshadow!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think it mostly has to do with the known abilities of those creatures in D&D. You can't have an Iron Golem, or Fire giant, without lava resistance.

But I do think making all these units helps prime the players for some lava terrain release. Let's hope so, anyway!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I concur with Fomox; Iggy and Shurrak have Lava resistance so that Searing intensity won't work on them.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
I concur with Fomox; Iggy and Shurrak have Lava resistance so that Searing intensity won't work on them.
Oh that's right...

Now I can use Iggy to kill Fire Elementals!

I was afraid of Searing Intensity... But no more!
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:24 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I already made a thread like this and alot of peoples opinions on the topic are in there.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...highlight=lava
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
I already made a thread like this and alot of peoples opinions on the topic are in there.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...highlight=lava
Translation:

There should be a SEARCH function resistance.

I will not confirm as to whether or not I am trying to get a certain title I was previously nominated for.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM

generalgina knows what's in an order marker generalgina knows what's in an order marker

I think we are more likely to see another released D&Dscape master set that is lava terrain heavy than we are to seeing any terrain reprints. Wal-mart doesn't want to carry the large expansions so doubt we will being getting any reprints of those in the near future.
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalgina View Post
I think we are more likely to see another released D&Dscape master set that is lava terrain heavy than we are to seeing any terrain reprints. Wal-mart doesn't want to carry the large expansions so doubt we will being getting any reprints of those in the near future.
Master sets only come out every few years. We won't see another one any time soon.
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:08 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

They should throw some lava tiles in the D3 and D4 packs put extra in the heros pack too so they will sell better.
Who ever heard of underground missions with no lava levels come on WOTC,it's classic D&D the group slowly crosses a bridge over molten lava.

Last edited by blooded scion; August 28th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion