Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old July 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Legends of Might and Magic

EDIT: To d/l the game use the name: "Sneaks" and the pass "Lomm"
Here's an alternate D/L link which gives all the info, including the above and system requirements. To install the game you'll need a key, you can use the one from the back of my case. (I've given it to 2 people before and it worked so you shouldn't have a problem)

4970-3d85-9850-60fe

The game's pretty easy to figure out. If you need any help just post here or go to the small Lomm community that still hangs around here.
I hope to see some of you in game!

Thanks for reporting the login problem, Gb, turns out they did change hosts.

Original Post:

This is an old game, came out around the same time as CS but wasn't as popular because everyone compared it to CS. It's a good game, I play all the time. Online multiplayer FPS with a medieval theme, great people. It's a lot of fun. The company that made it, 3DO, went bankrupt a couple years ago but you can still download the game for free from here.

I bought it when it came out, and still play as Alathoral.

Just thought I'd share.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Legends of Might and Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog
This is an old game, came out around the same time as CS but wasn't as popular because everyone compared it to CS. It's a good game, I play all the time. Online multiplayer FPS with a medieval theme, great people. It's a lot of fun. The company that made it, 3DO, went bankrupt a couple years ago but you can still download the game for free from here.

Just thought I'd share.
That link is asking for a password

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 20th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I used to play the original Might and Magic games - I and II when they came out. They were really top notch fantasy RPGs back in the good old days of the original Bard's Tale, Wizardy, and Ultima. They were probably my favorite out of all of the different fantasy RPGs of the time (and that's in a really tough field of competitors like Bard's Tale II, Ultima IV and V, and Magic Candle) but IMO the franchise really went downhill starting with III and after that they continued to crank out a bunch of stuff that just didn't have that great "feel" of the original two. It's just one of those ephemeral things that you can't put words to but you can almost taste it in your mouth when you think back on playing those games. Man - I almost want to find those games and play them again now but I don't think I have the time anymore to play a game that predates auto-mapping.

EDIT: Actually King's Bounty rocked like a gravel truck in a hurricane. Whether it is really part of the Might and Magic franchise is debateable but what a great game!
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Legends of Might and Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog

Just thought I'd share.
That link is asking for a password
Hmm, not sure why, maybe they moved the host. I'll look into it.
Thanks for pointing that out Gb!

Old July 20th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
I used to play the original Might and Magic games - I and II when they came out. They were really top notch fantasy RPGs back in the good old days of the original Bard's Tale, Wizardy, and Ultima. They were probably my favorite out of all of the different fantasy RPGs of the time (and that's in a really tough field of competitors like Bard's Tale II, Ultima IV and V, and Magic Candle) but IMO the franchise really went downhill starting with III and after that they continued to crank out a bunch of stuff that just didn't have that great "feel" of the original two. It's just one of those ephemeral things that you can't put words to but you can almost taste it in your mouth when you think back on playing those games. Man - I almost want to find those games and play them again now but I don't think I have the time anymore to play a game that predates auto-mapping.

EDIT: Actually King's Bounty rocked like a gravel truck in a hurricane. Whether it is really part of the Might and Magic franchise is debateable but what a great game!
I actually got into M&M when my brother's friend burned him a copy of Heroes Of Might and Magic III. We all played it, it was a great game. I looked into the series and saw how long it had been around, there are a bunch of them but I haven't played outside of these two. I hear good things though. I'll have to look into those games, thanks Kenjib!

Old July 20th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
I used to play the original Might and Magic games - I and II when they came out. They were really top notch fantasy RPGs back in the good old days of the original Bard's Tale, Wizardy, and Ultima. They were probably my favorite out of all of the different fantasy RPGs of the time (and that's in a really tough field of competitors like Bard's Tale II, Ultima IV and V, and Magic Candle) but IMO the franchise really went downhill starting with III and after that they continued to crank out a bunch of stuff that just didn't have that great "feel" of the original two. It's just one of those ephemeral things that you can't put words to but you can almost taste it in your mouth when you think back on playing those games. Man - I almost want to find those games and play them again now but I don't think I have the time anymore to play a game that predates auto-mapping. :D

heheh I had both 1 and 2 on the old com64, and they both drove me nuts
did ye ever finish 1?
I think I killed my characters due to old age more than anything else.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez
Quote:

heheh I had both 1 and 2 on the old com64, and they both drove me nuts
did ye ever finish 1?
I think I killed my characters due to old age more than anything else.

cheers
Rod
I think I had to skim through a guide or something in a shop to find the last secret door up in the mountains somewhere, then I was finally able to finish it after a hiatus. It had a pretty cool genre cross-over ending - something that Wizardry would later pick up on as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games