Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 1st, 2020, 09:13 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

You guys are no fun, I'm board * * * * less stuck here at home. I haven't played a new boardgame in almost 4 days. I just wanted to push some buttons and see what happened

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Last edited by quozl; August 31st, 2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 09:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
You guys are no fun, I'm board s h i t less stuck here at home. I haven't played a new boardgame in almost 4 days. I just wanted to push some buttons and see what happened
You should order some C3G Poker Cards.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 4th, 2020, 08:26 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey all!

If Marcu is the last unit in your army and he turns does your opponent win? Or must they kill Marcu anyway?

~JS
Old June 4th, 2020, 09:05 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Joseph Sweeney From Book of Marcu and FAQ:
ETERNAL HATRED : If Marcu is the last figure you control
If Marcu is the last figure I control, and am forced to temorarily give control to an opponent due to Eternal Hatred, do I lose?
No. A ruling on DW7k's Self Destruct stated that victory/loss condition resolution does not happen until the end of the turn. Since you get Marcu back at the end of the turn, you will not have fufilled the loss condition.
Old June 5th, 2020, 08:15 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey all!

If Marcu is the last unit in your army and he turns does your opponent win? Or must they kill Marcu anyway?

~JS
Depends if there is lava on the map lol

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 5th, 2020, 11:55 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Old June 28th, 2020, 12:12 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I have a rules question that I've had for a long time that still don't think I've got a satisfying answer to. Are you allowed to sit figures in your army even if you aren't over on figures? Like if you think not having those figures in your army is an advantage.

Relevant situations
1. Squad figures with Zelrig. You can sometimes avoid more casualties than figures you take off the board if you're making your startzone less packed and prone to massive Majestic Fires.
2. Nonvaliant with 4th Mass. It's kind of dumb trick but in Reverse the Whip you could throw like a Feral Troll in there with the 4th and you honestly would just rather play without him. You can shoot him on your way out of the startzone but it's not a guaranteed kill either and you aren't taking the shots on your opponent that might be available.
3. Marcu vs. Marcu in a matchup where one Marcu is more useful than the other. Marcu blocks the other Marcu from rolling Eternal Hatred which totally changes him. So say on a board with an Ulvania glyph, a Marcu army that includes Marro Warriors can risk free send Marcu to Ulvania to hold that glyph. If the other player without a unique squad in his army sits his Marcu they can't do this as risk free.

The question of if these are necessarily the best strategies isn't really relevant but to me the question of can you do this is. I'm honestly completely 50/50 on what the correct answer is and I'm curious what the rule experts here say.
Old June 28th, 2020, 12:26 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I have a rules question that I've had for a long time that still don't think I've got a satisfying answer to. Are you allowed to sit figures in your army even if you aren't over on figures? Like if you think not having those figures in your army is an advantage.

Relevant situations
1. Squad figures with Zelrig. You can sometimes avoid more casualties than figures you take off the board if you're making your startzone less packed and prone to massive Majestic Fires.
2. Nonvaliant with 4th Mass. It's kind of dumb trick but in Reverse the Whip you could throw like a Feral Troll in there with the 4th and you honestly would just rather play without him. You can shoot him on your way out of the startzone but it's not a guaranteed kill either and you aren't taking the shots on your opponent that might be available.
3. Marcu vs. Marcu in a matchup where one Marcu is more useful than the other. Marcu blocks the other Marcu from rolling Eternal Hatred which totally changes him. So say on a board with an Ulvania glyph, a Marcu army that includes Marro Warriors can risk free send Marcu to Ulvania to hold that glyph. If the other player without a unique squad in his army sits his Marcu they can't do this as risk free.

The question of if these are necessarily the best strategies isn't really relevant but to me the question of can you do this is. I'm honestly completely 50/50 on what the correct answer is and I'm curious what the rule experts here say.
FWIW, Matthias has said that you can’t sit figures if you’re not over. I’m not sure it ever mentions in the rules that you can choose to not play some figures.

Edit: from the D&D rules: “If there are more Army figures than spaces in the starting zone, you can’t use the extra figures.” That doesn’t imply that you can choose to sit figures if you’re under the limit, and I would argue it illustrates the designers’ intent that you only sit figures if you’re over the limit.

Last edited by OEAO; June 28th, 2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: But I’m no rules expert, lol...
Old June 28th, 2020, 12:46 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The rules were never designed for tournaments (especially reverse the whip which started around the same time Heroscape production died) but in the rules start zone limits are the only place that mentioned dropping units so only if you go over the limit do you drop figures. Tournament rules may differ but I think Gencon says you cannot drop if not over.
Old July 1st, 2020, 11:34 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Pretty sure the 4th Mass lose their bonus if you have any non-valiant in your army, dead or not. So if you're playing with a Troll, you lose your bonus for the whole game.

Not sure the exact rules on reverse the whip, but the 4th Mass sound like a bad choice to bring to a game like that.
Old July 1st, 2020, 11:43 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Pretty sure the 4th Mass lose their bonus if you have any non-valiant in your army, dead or not. So if you're playing with a Troll, you lose your bonus for the whole game.
Nope. From the Official FAQ:
Quote:
- VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Valiant and Non-Valiant Units
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)
This ruling tell us that "you control" only includes figures on the battlefield, while "in your army" includes all army cards in your army.
Old July 1st, 2020, 01:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool, I thought they said "in your army."

I should research before I speak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's