Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2020, 02:46 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I love how unorthodox heroes like murphy can perform in these formats, and rushing Raelin is a really cool matchup specific play

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 4th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

BiggaOopsfrog returns! (Sorry about that.) We're taking a brief break from Online Con coverage to bring a great game from the recent online NHSD tournament! @dok joins me in this game to cover my mandatory @vegietarian18 v @Dysole game wherein orcs and a samurai fight 'trons and a, I mean the, Varja. It's an intense game with great conversation about army construction and gameplay in a meta where the top tier figure are banned.

Also, I'm throwing out another plug for parties interested in casting a game with me. I've got a good amount of videos in the queue but haven't had as many volunteers for co-casters lately, so if you're even mildly interested or needing to take your mind off of the state of the world, hit up the 10 Points Under Co-Cast Super Scheduling Spreadsheet and we can schedule a time to talk Heroscape!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 11th, 2020, 06:12 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

So no video this week, unfortunately. I'm out of videos with commentary.

The good news is that I do have a couple of recording sessions lined up, so there will be content next week. More good news is that I have this 10 Points Under Co-Cast Super Scheduling Spreadsheet so that anyone interested in setting something up can sign up! (You can also PM me, of course, but I'm terrible at responding if I don't have a reminder, which is what I use the spreadsheet for and why it's easier for me.)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 18th, 2020, 09:19 AM

Welcome to another hero vs hero slugfest in the Heroes Only tournament! In this game we get to watch @Bengi and @Chris Perkins play each other with two different playstyles. Will quick assertive strikes win the day? Or will defensive posturing and value-seeking prevail? @Dysole joins as co-caster for this game and brings some great insight for both players and the in-game decisions that happen in this action-packed game!

10 Points Under Videos

Old November 19th, 2020, 11:27 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Guess I'll have to add "dream killer" to a list of personal titles somewhere Probably would have rather gotten that moniker doing something other than killing a wounded Brandis though.

Regarding "legal placement" with wings (mostly Nilf, Sujoah once), I'm pretty bad at judging that through the online interface. I don't have the amount of time spent with Nilf on these physical boards to extrapolate well. Definitely something I need to improve on.

On NGS v. Nilf - I think NGS could have engaged Nilf anywhere Nilf was on that 7 hexer. NGS could move onto either the top left or bottom left spots, meaning no where Nilf could hide on the 7 hex. Unless I mis-counted in real time.
Old November 19th, 2020, 01:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Checking Again

I went back and looked. You would have to move to the bottom two spaces of the hex and you can't be engaged on even ground. Might have hurt your ability to hit some things but that was probably the safer play. At that point though you needed some really bad luck swings to lose and so I doubt it would've hurt you.

~Dysole, who is also pretty forgiving on placement in games (unless it is going to be something that could likely decide the game)
Old November 25th, 2020, 11:16 AM

Welcome to 10 Points Under where I get to casually throw around big names, like this one time that I watched @dok and @Dysole play a game and discussed it with @superfrog . This game has all the excitement and strategy you would expect out of such a game, and it even includes Yari! When was the last time you saw them on the board? (Doesn't count if you already saw Dysole games from Online Con.)

10 Points Under Videos

Old November 26th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool! Love the casted games. Just subscribed.
Old November 26th, 2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Very cool! Love the casted games. Just subscribed.
Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 2nd, 2020, 09:14 AM

Welcome to one of the most higgledy piggledy matchups I've seen in my Heroscaping career. @Dysole and @Major Q23 matched up in the Online Con Pod Draft tournament and ended up creating some crazy armies out of their pods. It's really, really hard to make heads or tails of this one, folks, but joining me to lend his powers of observation and vocabulary is none other than map-maker extraordinaire @Flash_19 ! You won't want to miss the high level gameplay that stems from this sweet sweet matchup!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 2nd, 2020, 02:03 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Error

This was not a game I'm particularly happy with. I should've deferred first pick. I agree that I should have brought phantoms much earlier than I did. The MBS play was a bit risky but he was full health and 4 attacks from the 4th was gonna put an average of one wound on him. It was an OM 2 play and OM 3 I was gonna retreat him with the Romans and build a screening back there. This didn't work obviously.

I held off on engaging with Romans in that later game because I knew fighting him in that area was a losing proposition and wanted to get him to come to me. It didn't work as well.

But yeah there were a lot of plays that just had the worst possible outcome and that's hard to win especially since I don't think this was one of my better played games.

~Dysole, informationally
Old December 9th, 2020, 08:36 PM

Oops, forgot to post this morning.

We're welcoming a couple new names to the channel today! First off is @quozl , a Heroscapers veteran who was able to make it to the Online Con main tournament! He's facing off in round one of the event against @boromir96 in a crazy matchup of massed Orcs vs a few higgledy piggledy heroes! Joining me is newcomer @Ulysses as co-caster, a great Heroscaper who a lot of great commentary to this game!

While feeling around in the instructional video area, I've also put together a much shorter Online 'Scape intro video, meant to be bare bones to get you from posting/signing up for a game to playing as quickly as possible. It also has guidelines for Discord tourneys. I don't love that this "quick start" version still ended up more than 10 minutes, but even after some aggressive editing couldn't find anything more I felt should be cut.

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports