Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
BattleBall

I just got the game, and am going to be playing later today. Since I found out it is another Craig Van Ness game I thought it would be realy cool to have, plus my nephew is football crazy and is really excited about it.

I looked and saw no other threads on the game , so I just thought I would see what others think of it.
It looks really simple and seems be the type of game you play a bunch then shelf it, or start making up some custom rules ( or buy Blood Bowl I am told ) but my nephew is 9 so I am hoping he will want to play a bunch while I am here visiting.

Any body have custom rules for it?

Any one make customs teams for it ( not sure if that would work or not - til I play the game )?

I would say Scape On' but maybe BattleBall On' is better for this thread

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have the game but I've never played it
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM

peterm has disabled reputation
I thought it was fun but only have played it a few times, since the games are short and with only two teams, it doesn't have that much longevity to it. Too bad they never came out with more teams.
It's still fun to bring out every now and again and play it in spurts, but there are only so many ways you can play a game.
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
It's actually a Stephen Baker game (though I heard Craig praising it once). I do have a doc I made up a few years ago that adds to the basic rules. I'll see if I can find it.
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
MrB - that would be great if you can find them?

I heard Craig helped design it ( but not the main guy ) - but I could be wrong on that.

Uprising - after I play a few games I will let you know what I think!

Old November 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I snagged this game on ebay over the summer and have played it about 8 times. I enjoy the game a lot and would actually like to play more often.
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Found my Battleball rules, and emailed them to you Hendal.
Old November 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM

cavie Woo who?
Hendal,
We play BattleBall now and then and do enjoy it. On another note, Infinity Max made customs for HeroScape from the BattleBall figures. They're quite good and we use them in Scape now and then.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:06 PM

dcorban has disabled reputation
Battleball is an amazingly fun game. I am a heavy eurogamer and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game.

Americans invariably do the right thing, after they have examined every other alternative.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Great game! I think I may challenge my son tonight
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't see any similarities between HS & BB !

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hey All,

I got in 2 game today and we had a blast, way to much fun. After the first game I thought it was pretty simple, after teh 2nd game I realized there is actually a whole lot of strategy to it. And we where playing the standard game. I figure a few more of those, then add passing , then the advanced rules on the back of the locker rooms.

? for you guys who play ( when you tackle someone and role lower then the defender - you are fine{ meaning as the tackler you can not be injured? or seriously injured? } ) That is my one question so far.

I love all the dice rolling, and how they are color cordinated to the with the bases ( all it is missing is a 4 sider, but that would be crazy easy to roll a one ).

Mr. B - I go the rules, and printed them out, just glanced at them, bu thtey look way cool. I can not thank you enough, I can't wait to play a bunch, and then bring them into play to spice it up, way to cool.

man I love this site, all us gamers in one place!

Cavie - I will try and look up his customs, that is a great idea, they are actually nice sculps all said and done ( I can't wait to see the heavy tackle customs )

I can tell I will play this a lot. If HS isn't set up this is fast to get up and running,which is great compared to setting out over 100 cards , figures , and making a board.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend this as a fun light ( easy to learn ) game to play. I feel very blessed for getting 2 of them on the same day ( 1 for Costa Rica, and one for the states )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games