Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got in 6 good games last night:

Ticket to Ride
Zombie Dice
Fairy Tale
Nexus Ops
Carcassonne
Galaxy Trucker

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Monsterpocalypse x2 today.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Another snow day.

Dominion x 2

Descent RtL - The heroes found and rescued the twins. They've got some decisions to make though seeing as one of my lieutenants is laying siege to their hometown and another of my lieutenants has got 2 siege engines in another town.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Starting the day by taking down all but the two most liked maps from the Heroscape event yesterday. Ian, Aaron, and Matt came in fairly early. Matt and Aaron played some more Heroscape since 10 games yesterday just weren't enough. Ian had a large stack of games he brought in and we looked at a few but he ended up going back for Starcraft instead. Right now we are going over Warhammer Fantasy RPG
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Lots of Summoner Wars, Heroscape, and Yomi.

I tried out El Capitán on Thursday. That game has negative joy in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Starting the day by taking down all but the two most liked maps from the Heroscape event yesterday. Ian, Aaron, and Matt came in fairly early. Matt and Aaron played some more Heroscape since 10 games yesterday just weren't enough. Ian had a large stack of games he brought in and we looked at a few but he ended up going back for Starcraft instead. Right now we are going over Warhammer Fantasy RPG

how did ye like Starcraft?
A friend brought his copy over this weekend and we ran through it albeit somewhat blindly as neither of us had played nor read the rules fully.
my Terran vs his Zerg.

I was kickin a**e up til last round where his last few zerg walked into 2 bases and annihilated everything I had there.
luckily pulled the End cards right after that.

We also played Runebound(2nd edition?) which I got along with 6 card expansions(which we didna use)

it was a blast, however we once again fubared the rules and instead of rolling 2 dice we were rolling only 1(hahaha it was funny in restrospect, not so much during the game).

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post

how did ye like Starcraft?
A friend brought his copy over this weekend and we ran through it albeit somewhat blindly as neither of us had played nor read the rules fully.
my Terran vs his Zerg.

I was kickin a**e up til last round where his last few zerg walked into 2 bases and annihilated everything I had there.
luckily pulled the End cards right after that.

We also played Runebound(2nd edition?) which I got along with 6 card expansions(which we didna use)

it was a blast, however we once again fubared the rules and instead of rolling 2 dice we were rolling only 1(hahaha it was funny in restrospect, not so much during the game).

cheers
Rod
I'm not really understanding the game too much. I've never really played Starcraft and I guess I kinda have to know the computer game to understand the board game much. We actually never got to finish the game but will finish tomorrow. I'm playing Zerg and he is playing humans. There certainly are a lot of components available, I wonder if many of them are really necessary.
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Had a busy Friday (Snow day for the munchkin!) through Sunday.

We played.....

Summoner Wars 3vs - My Son (Tundra Orcs) and my wife (Phoenix Elves) vs my Guild Dwarves and Goblins. Very, very, very close match in which it came down to Sneeks vs the Orcs summoner and one champion. However, my son made the mistake of bringing in the wounded summoner in to attack me as well and I managed to barely finish him off.

Dominion & Dominion Intrigue - Very good game here, my wife got trounced but it was a close one with Josh and me, final Josh 47 to my 42.

Fluxx - I just cannot win at this game. This was clearly Josh's weekend as he pulled out a last minute rule change that crushed me and then goaled himself into the win.

Munchkin Cthulu - Close game again with my wife not doing well, but Josh and I neck and neck. We were both at level 9 until he helped Cthulu himself crush me back a level. I got to level 9 again but couldn't prevent him killing a weak monster and leveling to 10 for the win.

Heroscape - Undead vs. the Warforged. Josh had all the Esewins and 4 squads of Zombies against my Zetacron, Airborne Elite, 3 squads of the Warforged, and the Warforged Hero (name escaping me atm).

The AE dropped early and decimated the Zombies in the starting zone while Zetacron eliminated Sonya. Iskra killed Zeta, but the Warforged killed her while the Warforged hero bombed the remaining zombies to death. Cyprien killed one of my Warforged and Iskra had summoned the Rechets and they came to help. My warforged hero killed all but one of them and wounded Cyprien while the warforged forced him to lower ground and killed him from height. Got lucky preventing the zombies from ever really getting in the game and got really lucky with some rolls and killing Cyprien without much trouble. Great game and one of my few wins this weekend

Overall, A+ gaming weekend!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played a lot of Warhammer this weekend as well as some Citadels and Catacombs.
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heroscape and Chess - man is chess a frigging boring game, but my friend really wanted to play it so I caved it ( HS is just such a better game IMO )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Had a Game Day yesterday and played:

Zombie Dice
Cthulhu Dice
Thuderstone
Munchkin
Iliad
2 de Mayo
Havoc (twice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Had a Game Day yesterday and played:

Zombie Dice
Cthulhu Dice
Thuderstone
Munchkin
Iliad
2 de Mayo
Havoc (twice)
How does Zombie dice compare to Cthulhu Dice? I find Cthulhu dice to be far too short to really be enjoyable.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games