Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "Dungeon Run" by Mr. Bistro

I'd heard that the original print and play was quite different, and that it was taken down so as not to create confusions, and there was intent to re-upload it at a later date.
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

What are the differences, can anyone elaborate? Malachi? Bistro? I'm rather curious because many say the new release is very good so I'm surprised to hear anyone say the original was better.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The original is a solo game...it's quite fun. The new game, while it can be played solo really shines in the deal making/ back stabbing gameplay which some people just don't like.
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I realize that, I'm just curious if the mechanics, maps, etc vary at all or it was redeveloped with a multiplayer option? I've read a few reviews of the game and the things that most people are critical of have been the turn rules making some turns being just a couple of attack rolls which is boring, the ease of winning fights by running away and the combat rules of fighting each other after beating the big bad boss not working as well as the normal combat rules. I imagine even if I just were able to read the original rules and not have the whole game to download I could get my questions answered.

Old January 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Some things are really similar, some aren't. Many of the fundamentals are the same such as moving, escaping, making attacks, and picking up treasure. There were a fraction of the hero abilities, and monsters had no abilities, being just a collection of numbers. The old game is more about surviving against the odds. Beat the boss to win. The new one is about fighting friends in a dungeon setting. Escape with the summoning stone or kill your friends to win.

Most mechanics have been changed at least a little, some a whole lot. As a general rule the PnP game is simpler, but that's normal given what each version does. Nobody could list every difference between the two - there are just too many.
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Okay that gives me more information. FWIW other reviews have said its a ton of fun and the combat system very simple but effective and especially with the whole backstabbing factor the game is exciting. I know that the backstabbing other players thing doesn't work for everyone but if you enjoy games like Battlestar Galactica, Ca$h N Gun$, Mall of Horror, etc I imagine this will appeal to you a lot. With my buddies we've had some great backstab games going and they can be a lot of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games