Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Do you like the Marro?
Yes 45 91.84%
No 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
Rise of the Marro

A huge Tor-Kul-Na stares down apon the enemy. What could be more Frightening? Swarms of Marro line ready to swarm and destroy.

Marro are sometimes overlooked and tossed aside. But are they really useless or can they wreak havoc on your oppenent. Who knows. You only know the True Power of the Marro learning how to be wise withh them.

BATTLE TACTICS

Why do you think they came out with the title SWARM of the Marro? Because that is exactly what they are for. Marro's battle style is swarming and destroying relentlessly. While they seem weak they can be come a powerful ally. Usaully you want to pin down your oppenent in a corner so they can't escape. Attacking relentlassly untill every single unit is dead. Their bonding abilities are amzing as well and will help. Which brings me to my next point.

BONDING

The heart and core of your army is the Hivelords. They are usally helped out by the smaller units such as the Nagrubs. The Marden Nagrubs can destroy themselves to heal a hivelord and then be reborn againd by the Hive.

SPECIALS

The Hive is dreaded for it;s capabilities of it's rebirth. Tor-Kul-Na stommping across the battlefield. Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremecy. Ne-Gok-Sa and Kee-Mo-Sh Mindshackling, even the Marro Warriors Water cloning. All these give the Marro amzing powers.

Please critiqe.

Alderaan shot first
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Did HeroscapeHuh write this for you?
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:40 PM

cowmaster13 Woo who?
Quote:
Did HeroscapeHuh write this for you?
Now thats funny!

On the outer hand he has a good point. The Marro are a good swarm army

Yes I play too many card games!

Heroscape strategy puzzles, play them.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=16494
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:22 AM

DeathWalker (big number) has disabled reputation
Who does'nt like the marro? The marro are cheap and effective way to kill a lot of figures.

Edit: fixed it

How do you get a signature???
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:28 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalker (big number)
who does'nt like the marro? the marro are cheap and effective way to kill a lot of figures.
The same people who don't capitalize the first letters of their sentences.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:54 AM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Rise of the Marro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11
The Marden Nagrubs can destroy themselves to heal a hivelord and then be reborn againd by the Hive.
Am I missing something? The Nagrubs species is nagrub, not Marro. The Hive Rebirth only brings back a common Marro Squad figure. This doesn't seem to include Marrden Nagrubs by my reading
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:01 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBear
Quote:
The Marden Nagrubs can destroy themselves to heal a hivelord and then be reborn againd by the Hive.
Am I missing something? The Nagrubs species is nagrub, not Marro. The Hive Rebirth only brings back a common Marro Squad figure. This doesn't seem to include Marrden Nagrubs by my reading
You are correct.

Also, since I don't like the poll options or this thread, I voted under the assumption that the question was "Do you like this thread?"

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Tell me something I don't already know. -Rests face in hands-

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Guys, I don't think this guide was made by HeroscaperHuh. I think it was made in two minutes after looking at all the Marro cards.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBear
Quote:
No wonder I got my butt kicked so bad. I'm not familiar with the new marros and nagrubs as much yet. My opponent was placing all his order markers on the Marro Hive (like we will be able to do with Kato...) and using Hive Mind to take turns either with common squads of marros or the nagrubs (which we thought were common marros for not reading the card carefully). This "mistake" allowed him to place the order marker on the Marro Hive take turns with with the Nagrubs, any of the Hivelords and possibly "rebirth" Nagrubs as well. It was virtually undefeatable. He's an honest guy so I think that he was unware as I was. I'll verify later, however.

It got me thinking that Marro Hive was nastier than it actually is. It would be broken if the way we played could be allowed. No wonder the designers could not allow the Marrden Nagrugs to be common Marros and had to make them Nagrubs instead. I got my butt kicked badly for a reason. After I laugh about this, I'll ask for a rematch!

Anyway, the Hive Lord and the new marros and nagrubs of SotM gave a big jump in versatility to the "marros" (or Marr-based armies), which was badly needed as there was no bonding before (correct me if I'm wrong). The Marro Hive is still the "Kato" of the Marros or more correctly, Kato will be similar to the Hive Lord, which is badly needed for the samurai/ashigarus.

On a site note, it's seems save to assume the figures from Marr that are "humanoid" or in the case of the Hivelords have a "humanoid" riding a "beast" are Marros and all others (non="humanoid") are either Nagrubs or Wulsinu.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Hey I am not as dumb as Archkyrie when it it comes to starting threads. However I am reluctent to say my true personality may quite be the same as his

I've sited this from a post made by Archkyrie on one of my threads, but I swapped the names HeroscaperHuh and Archkyrie (you spelled my name wrong!) and I had trouble putting the after the word ending in "threads," so I put it here --->

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Bach has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalker (big number)
Who does'nt like the marro? The marro are cheap and effective way to kill a lot of figures.

Edit: fixed it
Actually, now you misplaced the apostrophe in "does'nt".

so... refix it.

Bach is Marcus... and has been paralyzed by the minions of Ne-gok-sa in the SIENNA CAVE...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion