Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 1st, 2021, 05:31 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Ebon Armor

Awesome, thanks for chiming in guys!
Old November 10th, 2021, 11:06 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I realize this synergy list is tedious to keep up with, but Morgan's Riflemen, Millerson, Wastewalker Gage, Ranjit Singh, and Louis "Mad Dog" Malone can be added to the Animated Materiel list if anyone is bored!
Old November 10th, 2021, 04:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
I realize this synergy list is tedious to keep up with, but Morgan's Riflemen, Millerson, Wastewalker Gage, Ranjit Singh, and Louis "Mad Dog" Malone can be added to the Animated Materiel list if anyone is bored!
Calling @Arch-vile as well as @Sherman Davies , @ZBeeblebrox , @1Mmirg , @Dad_Scaper , @superfrog to see if any of them are bored
Old March 22nd, 2022, 01:02 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Realized I never wrote up anything on the Ebon after using them to success in OHS Season 43.

The Ebon have great second order synergy with Tomoe Gozen, to the point that imo, Tomoe/Ebon builds are almost in a separate class to normal Ebon builds. Obviously, the Ebon are better with unique human squads more than human heroes, because squads offer more chance for the Ebon to return from the dead. But, those unique squads typically start to get lower offensive output once their members start to die and the Ebon come back. You have eternal Ebon, but the rest of your army is falling apart. Tomoe flips that for unique Samurai squads. With her Life Debt, she makes a Samurai turn with one Samurai dead just as effective as a full activation Samurai turn. And that's great, because it means you still have a fully effective unique squad, and you have some Ebon back. It takes quite a few Samurai and Ebon kills against an Ebon + Tomoe + Samurai army to push the build under activations, compared to the average all unique army.

The key to using the Ebon well in this build, and pretty much any Ebon build, is staggering them. Sending out all four Ebon as a strike force may be tempting, but if you ever lose all four Ebon all at once, they become pretty much a dead card, even if you have a lot of humans left. Your opponent can repeatedly kill the first Ebon that respawns and you're unlikely to ever make them a threat again. Being more conservative, sending out two Ebon for a couple attacks of 4, while simultaneously developing up the other two for later positioning, is really good. You know that the frontline Ebon are going to die, but you also know you'll be getting them back later, and they'll have companions waiting for them.

When I did this build, I went Kozuke and Izumi as my Samurai squads. I also had Kaemon, who was crucial as a ping, and has great synergy with Tomoe too. I think Kozuke and Izumi are best pairs for Tomoe and Ebon, due to price point and the roles they fill. Izumi are a screen, Kozuke are big hitters for when your opponent engages, Ebon are bread and butter offense. You can definitely try Tagawa, but I feel like due to the nature of Bloodlust, they demand lots of sequential order markers in a way that the Ebon don't really want to give. You want to spread your order markers around a lot in this sort of build.

Unfortunately, this build is extremely tilted to be strong against melee and not great against range, due to the natural tilt of the Samurai. The Ebon do have Defensive Positioning, but that power is pretty situational. I would like to experiment with Skahen + Otonashi instead of Kaemon, to get a different direction and some anti-range.
Old March 24th, 2022, 12:59 PM

Thank you for sharing vegie, I'm looking forward to trying it out!
Old September 17th, 2022, 11:37 AM

TreePowerz is surprisingly tart

After reading through this thread I am very interested in trying the Ebon/Tomoe build! It seems that Rygarn, Tomoe with Samurai, and Krav pair very well with the Ebon. Unfortunately this doesn’t all fit in a 500 point build at Delta or Classic. Order Marker management would be tough without Rygarn, but I think he is the first to go in order to make points;

Classic Points;
Ebon- 125
Krav- 100
Tomoe Gozen- 110
Izumi- 60
Kozuke- 100
Total; 495

Delta Points;
Ebon- 100
Krav- 115
Tomoe Gozen- 100
Izumi- 60
Kozuke or Tagawa- 90 or 110
Eldgrim or Otonashi- 35 or 10 (depending on whether you want Kozuke or Tagawa)
Total; 500 or 495 points

Of course there is the option to drop Krav instead to take Rygarn or a third Samurai squad. I personally think Krav makes the army much more flexible into range though. Another option that may be good with Delta points that includes Rygarn and some ranged threat would be;

Delta Points;
Ebon- 100
Rygarn- 100
Tomoe Gozen- 100
Izumi- 60
Kozuke- 90
Guilty Mccreech- 45
Total; 495 points
Old April 9th, 2023, 08:31 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As I shared in the Morgoloth thread, I just heard that Temple of the West will be releasing pewter versions of the figures Heroscapers refer to as Ebon Armor. Temple of the West says so long as the community keeps supporting these hard to find Confrontation figure releases, they will continue to produce more of them. The head of Temple of the West mentioned these should be available for retail in a few weeks.

Old April 9th, 2023, 09:38 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
As I shared in the Morgoloth thread, I just heard that Temple of the West will be releasing pewter versions of the figures Heroscapers refer to as Ebon Armor. Temple of the West says so long as the community keeps supporting these hard to find Confrontation figure releases, they will continue to produce more of them. The head of Temple of the West mentioned these should be available for retail in a few weeks.

This is an interesting turn of events. Are those the figures in production, or are they the original Rackham sculpts?
Old April 9th, 2023, 10:31 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:

This is an interesting turn of events. Are those the figures in production, or are they the original Rackham sculpts?
Those are the original Rackham sculpts being used to create a new mold.
Old April 10th, 2023, 10:27 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Quote:

Those are the original Rackham sculpts being used to create a new mold.
Nice! This should be a boon to VC's late adopters. Are there any plans to manufacture AT-43 sculpts as well?
Old April 11th, 2023, 05:39 PM

Soon...

Old April 11th, 2023, 10:12 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Heck, I’d use those for the Ebon Armor unpainted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs