Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy
I thought I'd experiment a little, and edited copies of the tile textures for the water, ice, lava, and snow tiles -- the first three to make them more than just the flat-color plate, and the snow tile to enhance the contrast in the texture.
Really nice srmalloy. I will don't insert this texture in Virtualscape because it's too far of reallity and I think it's better than Virtualscape stay near reallity. But the snow is better than mine and near of reallity. Are you agree that I integrate it to virtualscape ? (I understand if you prefer that this file stay your file) .
Go ahead and use any or all of the textures. The snow texture was pulled off of a picture of a snowfield; the water texture was taken from a picture of water in a pool and darkened, although I'm not as happy with it as I am with the others; the lava texture was created with a 'clouds' filter in Paint Shop Pro, and the snow texture was modified from yours by taking a copy of the base texture, using its luminosity to create a mask that was applied to a layer of medium blue to bump up the shading while retaining the texture.

If I can get a better water texture that I'm happy with, I'll upload that, as well. Using water textures from images, if they have visible wave texture, mostly come out too 'busy' in VS at longer view distances, though, so I need to find a balance.
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
I experiment PDFCreator at this link
http://www.01net.com/outils/telechar...tele26668.html
( just click on "télécharger" ) and it work correctly with 3D view on the first page
I downloaded and installed PDFCreator from that link, and it has the same result as before; everything renders but the 3D view. I don't have the 3D window maximized, and I made sure that it was open, verifying in the print preview. I will have to dig out the printer for the laptop and verify that printing to paper produces the 3D view on the first page; if the regular printer driver fails to show the 3D view, then it might be an issue with VirtualScape or my system configuration; if it prints properly, then it's the PDF convertors.
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:27 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
I experiment PDFCreator at this link
http://www.01net.com/outils/telechar...tele26668.html
( just click on "télécharger" ) and it work correctly with 3D view on the first page
I downloaded and installed PDFCreator from that link, and it has the same result as before; everything renders but the 3D view. I don't have the 3D window maximized, and I made sure that it was open, verifying in the print preview. I will have to dig out the printer for the laptop and verify that printing to paper produces the 3D view on the first page; if the regular printer driver fails to show the 3D view, then it might be an issue with VirtualScape or my system configuration; if it prints properly, then it's the PDF convertors.
Hi Srmalloy. Someone else seem have the same problem than you. Thanks to said me the result of your test. (for information I use pdf reader 7 to read the created pdf).
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:05 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
I am one of the resident lurkers here and have enjoyed the use of your program. Now that I have come out of a hole, I have to say THANK YOU. With that said, I am having the same problem with the printing of the 3D image as well. I have Acrobat Distiller 5.0 and just tried it. It did not work. With that said, I love your program and appreciate all the hard work you have put into it.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Hi Srmalloy. Someone else seem have the same problem than you. Thanks to said me the result of your test. (for information I use pdf reader 7 to read the created pdf).
When I pushed the output into PDF Creator, telling it to 'collect', so the print job goes into the queue and waits, then saved it out as a PostScript file and sucked it up into a text editor, the file shows about 4500 lines of image data, but there doesn't appear to be any image there -- the lines of image data are just repetitions:

Code:
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$
JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH16$JH1r8
When I take the PDF file written from work and convert the first page back into PostScript, I get clear evidence of there being something other than whitespace in the image data block:

Code:
s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!
s8W-!s8W-!s8W)us8;iqr;HZms8W#ss8N&us8Vurs7cQniqW1JG]>B=:eZC]'N.A*Um-MY^im;i
6?-XYPDhFp9)&Acrr<#alL4ZLs7lWonGiMXBjs):?&ck5G-IZFR>E1q:PuT[o)Jaes8W#ss8;os
r;Zfps8W)us8N&us8N&urr<#ts8W)us8N&urr<#ss8W)us8N&us8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!
s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!s8W-!
It appears that the 3D image data may not be getting written correctly out of VirtualScape, and the PDF convertors are doing the best they can with the image.

The computer at work, where the image is being written properly, is a generic Dell midrange Pentium system running Windows 2000 with an equally forgettable video card at 1280x1024 (contract purchase); the computer at home is an Athlon 64 3200+ running Windows XP SP2 with an Nvidia 7800GTX video card at 1920x1200. They're both running the software off of the same 4Gb USB thumbdrive, so all the program settings are identical.
Old August 12th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy
I am one of the resident lurkers here and have enjoyed the use of your program. Now that I have come out of a hole, I have to say THANK YOU. With that said, I am having the same problem with the printing of the 3D image as well. I have Acrobat Distiller 5.0 and just tried it. It did not work. With that said, I love your program and appreciate all the hard work you have put into it.
Thanks Royaldoy, it's a pleasure to be appreciate. (I don't understand what means lurkers).
This pdf problem is very strange and I'm working to try to find a solution. A new version will be available this week end and feel free to download it from virtualscape web site.
Old August 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Srmalloy, thanks for your test.

So the problem appears only at home for you.

When you print, the 3D image is copied into the clipboard. Can you verify that when you print into pdf, the clipboard is fill with the 3D image (with mspaint or other). The version of this week end will be modified for copy image without clipboard. Perhap's this will correct the problem.
I will inform you of the availability of the new version.
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:20 AM

The new version 1.003 is released.

Modifications :

Add auto computation of number of set requirement
Add texture on tile side.
Bug fixed : When you print on a pdf creator then the 3D view doesn't appear. (hope this is correct because at home all is ok. feel free to inform me about that).
Now scenario is print on the last page.
Now tile of more than one hex height are displayed with full color from bottom to top (as castle wall so it easier to know if you are at over the wall)
Add capability to save the image in 3D view
Now, the current tile is displayed on the status bar
Now, when you click to add a tile on the map, this tile is selected
Bug fixed : When you select start area then color is correct if you click to add it on the map
Add shortcut Ctrl+Left to rotate selected tiles left
Add shortcut Ctrl+Right to rotate selected tiles right
Add shortcut Ctrl+Pg down to move selected tiles one level down
Add shortcut Ctrl+Pg up to move selected tiles one level up

Srmalloy and Royaldoy please tanks to said to me if this new version fixe the bug about pdf creator.

I'm going in holiday monday so you will not have answer from me before 2 week if you post message after sunday.
Next year I hope holidays will be in united state and perha'ps it will be possible to play with some of you.
As usualy, feel free to give your feedback on this forum or at the virtualscape mail (virtualscape@free.fr).

The new version is available on the virtualscape web site (see my signature)
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Srmalloy, thanks for your test.

So the problem appears only at home for you.

When you print, the 3D image is copied into the clipboard. Can you verify that when you print into pdf, the clipboard is fill with the 3D image (with mspaint or other). The version of this week end will be modified for copy image without clipboard. Perhap's this will correct the problem.
I will inform you of the availability of the new version.
Opening Paint Shop Pro and pasting the clipboard contents into a new image does create the image that was in the 3D render window, so the copy to clipboard part of the print function is workng correctly.
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Opening Paint Shop Pro and pasting the clipboard contents into a new image does create the image that was in the 3D render window, so the copy to clipboard part of the print function is workng correctly.
Thanks for the information Srmalloy
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Usagi3 has disabled reputation
[french]
Lurker : quelqu'un qui rôde.
[/french]

Hooray ! A new version of VirtualScape, wave 5, castles, flag bearers, wave 6...
Thanks Zzzzz !

What if adults were perished children ?

Please forgive my bad english as I am French.
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
thanks for getting the browns consistent between the grass rock and sand tiles. looks great!

Quote:
The new version 1.003 is released.
I'm going in holiday monday so you will not have answer from me before 2 week if you post message after sunday.
Next year I hope holidays will be in united state and perha'ps it will be possible to play with some of you.
As usualy, feel free to give your feedback on this forum or at the virtualscape mail (virtualscape@free.fr).
have a nice vacation!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software