Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Which elf combo is better?

In a 500 point Elf army, which is a better combo to go with:
Chardris
Emirroon
Kyntela
Arkmer
Ulginesh

I need a 100 point elf wizard, and a 10 point ninja. No, I don't want Acolarh

Jorhdawn or Mosbane
Otonashi or Isamu

I need help.
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Which elf combo is better?

I would go with Jorhdawn over Morsbane for sure. As much as I like Morsbane, Jorhdawn's ability to give you two special attacks per order marker has higher value than 20% chance to negate some powers and a 5% chance at an insta-kill plus a melee attack. Add in that Jorhdawn's special ability is the best anti-squad power in the elf-wizard line-up and I think she's a no brainer over poor Morsbane.
As for the ninjas, they both have their appeal. For the points, I think Isamu is probably sturdier and has more of a wow factor than Otonashi. But Otonashi will definitely have some tricky figures to play off of in this army build. You don't happen to know your opponent beforehand, do you? If they're jandar, I'd say go Isamu. If they have orcs (who are wild), I'd say go Otonashi.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thats what my problem is with ninjas. I don't know what I'm playing. Isamu is better all around and Otonashi only gets boosted by attacking wilds. I'd also have to leave an elf back in the start zone to boost her move later on.

EDIT: I'll be playing
Kato
Yari/Harq x2
Kozuke

Last edited by Heroscape Elffy; June 24th, 2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Phantazm21Zero Woo who?

I have to agree with IAmBatman regarding Morsbane. With her ability to wipe out entire squads in one turn, Jorhdawn just has way too much stoping power not to be included in an army of elves. When choosing between Isamu and Otonashi, I have had better experiences with Isamu. He has a 50/50 chance to ignore all damage and with each successful roll, pulls you closer to a glyph. The added bonus with him is if your opponent plays a Jandar army. If you are aiming at tournament play, I think the better choice is Isamu based on the odds of a Jandar character being in your opponents group.
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Actually its 60% (or 55%) not just 50. I'm playing Jorhdawn and Isamu. Right now...as we speak.
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

J-Dawg
Isamu

DeadEye
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation

Depending on the team you are up against I could see drafting Morsbane, but I would ALWAYS choose Jorhdawn in my Elf Army! I would sub Morsbane for Chardris when playing against someone who has a hero with game-changing or army-support powers (i.e. Kata, Q9, Raleign, etc).

Maybe it's just me (as I roll the d20 pretty well) but I was just doing some roll-testing with the d20, and out of 10 rolls I rolled 16 or higher 3 times, but they were all within the first 5 rolls!

Please note that I do not have many games under my belt, and though I have Morsbane I have never used him so my post is pretty much based on "Theory-scaping."
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You make a good point, Windy City Hawk. Now that I know he's up against a Kato army, I could almost see the case for Morsbane over Chardris/Isamu. Imagine negating Kato's powers early in the game and your opponent scrambling to figure out what to do with order markers.
Jorhdawn is definitely a great pick against all those Ashigaru, though. Kato v. Ulginesh is definitely a matchup I've been wanting to try. Please post the results when you're done, Elffy!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Well, I'm playing 'Phillip' on AIM, using a map in VS with the letters/numbers turned on (tools, display number) and its going quite well. I've used Rain of Flame and taken out 6 harqs and 1 yari. its his turn, but he had to go do something...I'm waiting. Kato is gonna go down quite easily with Chardris and his daughter or Chardris and Arkmer attacking him. Emirroon is really helping. if not for him, I wouldn't have killed 3 of those harqs or a yari.

EDIT: This is the map: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=619

Last edited by Heroscape Elffy; June 24th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:09 PM

The Elf Wizard army really does work well together. I played a 700 point one last night and Ulginesh, Arkmer, Emirroon, Chardris, Jorhdawn, and Morsbane all really earned their points. Even if pretty much all the killing was done by Chardris and Jorhdawn especially, with a little Arkmer and Morsbane (natural 20 negation roll) thrown in. Kyntella Gwyn and Acorlah didn't really end up doing much, but I guess they didn't need to.

Old June 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

If I had Acolarh...I REALLY need to get to a TRU. He'll really help my armies. So far, he is the only elf I don't have: 3 of each squad and one of each hero.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In agreement with most of the above, I would say that Jorhdawn may be the one figure that is needed by every all hero Elf Wizard army. The typical switch out in a 500 point set up is, in my mind, Chardris/Otonashi for Morsbane - depending on your opponent.

When would you use Morsbane? Not versus Kato Katsuro, who will stay so far away from your Elves you'll need binoculars to see him. It's the Dragons. More than any other unique, Dragons have to expose themselves to retribution in order to use their abilities - and they're all a lot less impressive without their specials. Other figs like TorKulNa make sense too (though, intriguingly enough he can still snack on Nagrubs even if he is negated) - any fig that is pricey, needs to engage you to use their powers and has a significant portion of it's cost come from it's powers calls out for Morsbane in your army.

Why Otonashi over Isamu? Ten speed can get you places quickly - let you stake a claim to a nice defensive spot or even take temporary control of a glyph. Both Isamu and Otonashi die easy, but against a single skull I like Otonashi's chances better - especially if you've used her mobility to get her into a good place. Since half the Wizards are Tricky, she's a natural here. I'd only consider Isamu if I knew I was up against Jandar.

~Aldin, eager to hear the post-action report

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units