Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:18 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - Catalans highlighted (10/10/16)

It is a simple, elegant solution, but note that it weakens the Teeth a little. It removes this combo:

Mohican turn --War Cry--> Brave Arrow turn --Hunting Party--> move Teeth
Old February 3rd, 2017, 03:17 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scytale's customs - Catalans highlighted (10/10/16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
When I saw this the OM reveal immediately seemed like the obvious remedy. It's unlikely that the C3V card will ever be officially modified that way, but if you wish to mix it with Scytale's customs then I, personally, would co-sign that modification.
The C3V can't worry about everyone's custom units and needs to design things based on established canon. I can appreciate that. It's nice that the SoV exists to help particularly special designs find their way into canon and not be treaded on by future C3V designs. Scytale has so many great designs here, it would be nice to see that happen to more of them. (Make it happen @Scytale !)

Of course the Zulu's wouldn't be considered since they aren't prepainted (or even preassembled), but finding a "fix" for them through a trivial adjustment is A-OK for my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
It is a simple, elegant solution, but note that it weakens the Teeth a little. It removes this combo:

Mohican turn --War Cry--> Brave Arrow turn --Hunting Party--> move Teeth
I completely overlooked War Cry. Not sure how that happened. You're right, it does break that combo. In fact, with the existence of that combo, perhaps this combo is pretty equivalent anyway:

Zulu Warrior turn --Zulu Strategic Bonding--> Brave Arrow turn --Hunting Party--> move

Maybe I should really just look at adjusting Sizwe's Lead the Charge then.

I'll keep thinking on this more. Thanks guys.
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:29 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart
Re: Scytale's customs - dragons highlighted (1/13/16)

What did you use for Wildfire Embers? I want some!!! They look great!

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:54 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
What did you use for Wildfire Embers? I want some!!! They look great!
They were an offering from Auggies Games a few years back, before there was a Dungeon Crawler line if memory serves. The Wildfire Embers were actually a creation for a contest run here by Auggies to make a Heroscape card for them. (I took 2nd.)

Looking at Auggies site, I don't see them available anymore, or even listed.
Old February 24th, 2017, 10:56 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Dang! Oh well...

Thanks anyways!

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
Dang! Oh well...

Thanks anyways!

NWHC recently released a design that uses some fire elemental figures that would be great for the embers.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 15th, 2017, 11:03 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scytale's customs - Army of the Dead highlighted (4/17/1

When it comes to customs I think my rule of thumb will always be to hold classic scape and C3V above all else and just stop playing with any additional customs that conflict in a very unthematic or broken way.

That being said the cards I've looked at are great and a lot of them would be plug and play or serve as a great foundation for another custom. Its unfortunate theres re use of models used for C3V but with so many customs released over such a time frame what can ya do.

Though even though I agree its madness to try and fix the customs to work with C3V, have you considered finding alternate figures for the units sharing a figure with the C3V releases?
Old June 15th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Re: Scytale's customs - Army of the Dead highlighted (4/17/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Though even though I agree its madness to try and fix the customs to work with C3V, have you considered finding alternate figures for the units sharing a figure with the C3V releases?
Well, there aren't too many of them. The Army of the Dead, the 28th UEF Infantry, and Feris might be the only ones. None are so iconic that replacement figures would be unacceptable.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:05 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scytale's customs - Vydar kyrie highlighted (7/17/17)

Tried out Vasniss tonight, really felt natural, strong, but fair. Pretty much the best criteria to meet when it comes to customs. Like how it added some more thought to order marker placement and positioning in the drow army, and that it expanded on the "kill your own stuff" theme of the drow in more powerful ways than Pelloth.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Tried out Vasniss tonight, really felt natural, strong, but fair. Pretty much the best criteria to meet when it comes to customs. Like how it added some more thought to order marker placement and positioning in the drow army, and that it expanded on the "kill your own stuff" theme of the drow in more powerful ways than Pelloth.
Thanks for playing her and thanks for the report! A cheerleader for the Drow is a tricky thing to get right. Pelloth sets a precedent for not-very-niceness, and a simply boosting aura just wouldn't fit with that. Lolth's Deception was my way of making a useful but nasty boost.
Old February 28th, 2018, 01:27 AM

I bought a bunch of your customs to try out. I'll definitely be dropping by some more reports. Pretty pumped to try the troglodytes as well. Out of curiosity do you have any favorite of your customs currently in terms of feeling "right" and fun.
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I bought a bunch of your customs to try out. I'll definitely be dropping by some more reports. Pretty pumped to try the troglodytes as well. Out of curiosity do you have any favorite of your customs currently in terms of feeling "right" and fun.
Uh... well... that's sort of like trying to pick a favorite child. I put lots of time and effort into each one. While I can't say they're all my favorites, there are lots that are.

The Corsairs are my greatest accomplishment. The Yellow Ooze is up there too, as a design that plays amazing. I really enjoy playing the Army of the Dead, as every game with them feels like it's on a razor's edge.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards