Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 28th, 2019, 07:38 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Horizon in Sight: Dan's Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I always fear fluent readers when using other languages, as I often resort to Google Translate.

~TAF
I originally used Google Translate... Bigga informed me the samurai was talking about robots and what not...

~TGRF.

<Installment One (Title Pending)> - Phase 4 (Main Plot) Underway...
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 8th, 2019, 01:02 PM

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Chapter Thirty-Eight - Resistance is now live! Stuck on Valhalla, about to participate in a mission which could be his death, Dan learns the true reason he was a prisoner of the soulborgs.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 9th, 2019, 02:02 PM

Chapter Thirty-Nine - Departure is now live! Dan and his companions finally embark on their quest. New revelations come to light, but will they spell doom for the mission?

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Chapter Forty - Horizon is now live, quickly followed by Chapter Forty-One - Caius! Dan and the others fight their first battle, and Laelia confronts the traitor she has sworn to kill. But will she survive?

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 10th, 2019, 04:09 PM

I'll be gone Thursday through Saturday, so posting will resume on Sunday or Monday. Don't forget to offer criticism/comments!

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am in the process of catching up and will likely have done so by the time you resume posting. I'll leave my thoughts upon completion.

~TAF, always trailing behind
Old April 13th, 2019, 02:06 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am once again caught up and am glad to see my favorite character Francois returning for the remake. I am curious to see how the story goes, especially from the shifting balance of having very few characters to having a lot fo them. There are, what, 10 named characters in the party? That's a lot to balance.

I will say one of the qualities of this retelling is that while being very similar to the original, it is also different enough that I have no idea where it is going or how it will end, keeping prior readers invested.

~TAF
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I am once again caught up and am glad to see my favorite character Francois returning for the remake. I am curious to see how the story goes, especially from the shifting balance of having very few characters to having a lot fo them. There are, what, 10 named characters in the party? That's a lot to balance.

I will say one of the qualities of this retelling is that while being very similar to the original, it is also different enough that I have no idea where it is going or how it will end, keeping prior readers invested.

~TAF
One of my regrets is that I did not include as many of the original companions as I wanted. I started developing side characters, and before I knew it, everyone was a human. Ah well. I'm glad your favorite character found a place in the tale, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how the balancing act is going, since this is the first time I've really dealt with side characters on a mentionable level. Things only get thicker from here.

But now, onward with the posting. We have Chapter Forty-Two - Dissension, quickly followed by Chapter Forty-Three - Decision. Not to be confused by the similar titles. Chapter 43 is one I was really looking forward to writing, as it adds even more character development into the already-full mire of private agendas going on.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 15th, 2019, 12:42 PM

And now we have Chapter Forty-Four - Attack, one of the longer chapters. After this, we have three chapters left until the fourth and final part of Dan's tale. Get ready!

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:00 PM

Chapter Forty-Five - Healing is now live! As the company recovers and prepares to do what they came here for, hope fades quickly, and despair threatens to engulf them all. How will they be able to fight the resistance they are sure to face?

Also, there are several breaks in the chapters, extra lines between paragraphs indicating pauses or passages of time. Unfortunately, these do not get copied over during posting. There isn't much I can do about it, so for now, a few transitions will seem a bit choppy. I'll use other separators in the future.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 17th, 2019, 01:35 PM

Chapter Forty-Six - Line is now live! Everything Dan has done and heard in Valhalla has been building towards one point, and that moment is now upon him.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 18th, 2019, 12:34 PM

Chapter Forty-Seven - Escape is now live! Part three comes to an end, and Dan must now hope that the side he's chosen is the right one. But everything is happening much faster than he expected, and even Valhalla itself seems to be changing for the worse...

If convenient, I'd like to know how I'm doing. Particularly in chapter forty-three, where I worked hard on making the dialogue natural. I'm aware some of the other dialogue isn't great, but I really narrowed down on certain ones and tried to make them sound natural. I'd like to know how I did.

~TGRF.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction