Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: How important are the minis to your enjoyment of Heroscape?
I would not play the game if it didn't have the minis!!! 59 69.41%
Heroscape would drop several points in my ranking without minis. 19 22.35%
I really like them, but they are not essential. 5 5.88%
They kind of annoy me for being so "toylike." 0 0%
I would play heroscape with wood blocks if I had to! 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
POLL: How important are the minis to you?

Heroscape is a large and dynamic game system with many elements. How much do the miniatures contribute to your enjoyment of the game?

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: POLL: How important are the minis to you?

I think the minis are what make heroscape heroscape. Without them, I probably wouldn't be playing and it would be just another game to me.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To be frank, No minis=No 'scape.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
This^
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I would never play without minis, but if they were all a different "style" or scale I would be ok. But that's only hypothetical, because the minis we have won't change and I want them all to match.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

No minis = Boring. What am I supposed to be doing? Moving pieces of paper across a hard built battlefield? Waste of time.
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
No minis = Boring. What am I supposed to be doing? Moving pieces of paper across a hard built battlefield? Waste of time.
Basically just what yamissflash said. How on earth can paper soldiers fight paper robots and paper orcs?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Grundy Woo who?

Without the minis, might as well play Magic the Gathering
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
Without the minis, might as well play Summoner Wars.
Fixed.

Disclaimer: Summoner Wars is an incredibly fun, well-crafted game, and I mean no offense by this to Colby or the Summoner Wars crew by comparing it to M:tG. That was not my goal, and may Summoner Wars prosper forever.
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Hero- Minis
Scape- Maps
See how the logic of not having minis in Heroscape is flawed?
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Hero- Minis
Scape- Maps
See how the logic of not having minis in Heroscape is flawed?
I understand that... but I came to Heroscape through the route of playing abstract strategy games. I LIKE the minis, but for me Heroscape is a terrific core set of rules. It is not easy to write rules for such a naturally complicated game that are so consistent and intuitive. The key reason I am not a Warhammer player is I have never seen anyone playing that game without a rulebook on the table beside them. For me, one of the hallmarks of a GREAT game is that you can ultimately absorb the rules so well that you can put the rulebook away and fully immerse yourself in the experience. Heroscape accomplishes this brilliantly!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:42 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
This^
What these two said ^

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion