Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 17th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Fire Elemental Pre-Release Discussion

Well guys, we've done this for the last two releases to keep books clear but provide a spot for unit discussion without stuff getting lost in the preview discussion threads. So let's do it again!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Fire Elemental Pre-Release Discussion

Looking forward to this figure, Great sculpt. Hopefully by adding more lava resistant figures, more lava based maps will be created.
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

This guy could be a posse for Brunak. Hes lava resistant so he can carry them around and anyone who gets near gets torched.
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Hopefully by adding more lava resistant figures, more lava based maps will be created.
Not with lava terrain being near-impossible to get, they won't.

Anyway, I think this will be another figure who is so intimidating that it gets shot as soon as it's near the enemy army. Also, I think that overall, dmutef guards (they are both 1 life, 4 attack and defense) would be a better investment than someone who -might- damage all the figures around him. (2/5 chance, I believe.) More importantly, for then ten extra points you have from choosing the guard instead of the elemental, you can draft the ever-useful Isamu.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Last edited by Kaiser Cat; February 17th, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something.
Old February 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

4 words:

Heat - of - the - Battle

I guess it's called "Heat" of the Battle for a reason.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
This guy could be a posse for Brunak. Hes lava resistant so he can carry them around and anyone who gets near gets torched.
So does Searing Intensity work at the end of a player's movement phase for any figure, or does it only occur at the end of the movement phase for a fire elemental?

Let's say I have fire elementals in the start zone of my hoard army. I advance my first squad of stingers. Do I start burninating my own guys before I shoot? Or am I safe until I start putting order markers on the elementals?
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha frog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
So does Searing Intensity work at the end of a player's movement phase for any figure, or does it only occur at the end of the movement phase for a fire elemental?

Let's say I have fire elementals in the start zone of my hoard army. I advance my first squad of stingers. Do I start burninating my own guys before I shoot? Or am I safe until I start putting order markers on the elementals?
No it is only when you take a turn with fire elemental.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Hmmmm....would GIE's ice bridge allow the Fire Elemental to overcome it's negative element?! Just had that thought and decided to share to see what happens...

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Hmmmm....would GIE's ice bridge allow the Fire Elemental to overcome it's negative element?! Just had that thought and decided to share to see what happens...
I don't see why not, but your GIE may get scorched and if it's the other guy's GIE and you kill it you're back in the water (assuming you survived the engagement strike in the first place.

~Aldin, wetly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Who bought all Auggies Fire Elementals, heh.
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Don't look at me... I only bought 6.
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
I don't see why not, but your GIE may get scorched and if it's the other guy's GIE and you kill it you're back in the water (assuming you survived the engagement strike in the first place.

~Aldin, wetly
But if it's the enemy GIE then it's OK if he dies like that. 35 points to 140?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units