Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 27th, 2019, 09:08 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Taskmaster - Public Playtesting

Late in the game here, but (especially if we want to lower his points or keep them in check) I do think there should be a cap on the number of extra dice he can roll (probably 3 or 4). He can instantly remember an opponent's moves, sure, but at the end of the day he can't tank a direct hit from a missile or a Hulk Smash!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 28th, 2019, 10:53 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

A Couple Puddles is one of my favorite maps!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 28th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
A Couple Puddles is one of my favorite maps!
I've had it up for weeks, all my recent playtests have been on it, haha. It's a good map. I also don't want to go through the effort of tearing it down and building a new map.
Old June 30th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Taskmaster

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Taskmaster, Enchantress I, Cap Steve, Star-lord, Kool-Aid Man (1200) Vs Pinhead, Sam, Chucky, Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Michael, Shang Tsung (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Taskmaster, Jackal, Baron (Heinrich) Zemo, Angel (Warren), Changeling, Captain (Oewen) Boomerang (1100) Vs Uncle Same, Captain Steve, Captain Sam, Bucky, Hulk (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Taskmaster, Warpath, Ravager, 1xMadripoor Mercenaries (800) Vs. Frankenstein, Living Mummy, Man Thing (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He feels pretty on point to me. Most of his exceptional performance came from being boosted and being brought back to life by Jackal. I'm pretty happy with him at 260 but I wouldn't hesitate to draft him at 270 either. He feels pretty comparable to Warpath who is 260 though.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really enjoyed all of the Tricks he could bring to the table. He will make a very formidable cleam up unit but is also a great opening and mid-game unit. He will definitely see drafting. Lots of fun to play but a little scar to go up against. Definitely want to hit him hard and fast. Either overwhelm him or hit him with defense subtractors to get him out of the way early.
Old June 30th, 2019, 02:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Are you thinking we are good here then, or do I need to run my tests as well?

Also, wanted to bump this as I do think it is a good idea. He shouldn't be rolling more than 12 defense dice when Ben tries to clobber him or Hulk tries to smash and they roll 10+ skulls on attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Late in the game here, but (especially if we want to lower his points or keep them in check) I do think there should be a cap on the number of extra dice he can roll (probably 3 or 4). He can instantly remember an opponent's moves, sure, but at the end of the day he can't tank a direct hit from a missile or a Hulk Smash!
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks Karat! I think a bump to 270 makes sense with those results. I was pretty close to doing it beforehand.

I really want to see more tests with Viper. A test with the Yakuza would be nice to cover our bases but I don’t feel it’s needed.

I can see a cap. How much do we think it should be? +5 dice maybe?
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Honestly, I'm not sure how needed a cap on it is. Sure it is scary if he is rolling 12+ dice for defense but 1) She-Hulk can already do this and she has 1 more base defense so would actually be rolling more 2) there is no counter strike involved and 3) even at just -1 defense it felt less scary. Also as a side note, most of the time, even rolling a bunch of dice, I rarely rolled more shields than there were Skulls.

I would definitely like to see his Mercenary synergy tested more though. I was mostly trying to break him with stat boosters and the ability to bring him back. Both felt very competitive but not broken. Definitely more of a Shark unit.
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If we put a cap in, I don’t think it should be something that affects 99% of the rolls he makes. Only against massive blows.
Old June 30th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Now moves with Flying.

I mostly view it as him predicting the blow and sidestepping it not aggressively matching it, so I still feel no cap fits both mechanically and thematically, but if therthere were a cap, I'd make it a high cap. Something like 8 or 9 additional dice.
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd say cap it. Even if you argue he's sidestepping some of those huge punches, a lot of those big hits can come from people with incredible speed, making it even more difficult to sidestep them. I don't know him super well, but it seems he's mostly replicating and mimicing from, at best peak-level humans, so a cap that would affect him on those big hits from the big guns like Superman or Thing seems accurate.
Old June 30th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Just A Head

I guess it all depends on where the cap is. I really think a +5 cap is the absolute lowest we should go. If we’re doing like a +8 or +10 cap I really don’t see the point.

One nice thing about capping it is it makes it more reusable. So Finesse can PD4 if Taskmaster has PD6 or whatever.
Old June 30th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I don't really see the point in capping unless it's going to be +3 or something. 5 skulls is still going to hurt a lot against 8 defense unless Taskmaster gets really lucky. As the skull counts increase the odds just get worse for Taskmaster.

Edit: I'm in favor of no cap, if that wasn't clear.

Last edited by Arch-vile; June 30th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library