Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > Public Designs
Public Designs This is the work area for all threads that are in designs in the public.

Old March 21st, 2024, 11:03 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Spider-Man (Ultimate) (Conversion) FINAL EDITING

Spider-Man (Ultimate/Peter Parker)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = SPIDER-MAN
IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = MUTATE
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE =5

POINTS = 170

WEB SWING 4 SPECIAL MOVE
Move 4. Height 40.
Spider-Man gains Flying.

ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
If an ally within 4 clear spaces of Spider-Man would take 1+ wounds from an enemy's attack, Spider-Man gains a move action. If he ends that move adjacent to the defender, Spider-Man takes those wounds instead.

STEP UP
If Spider-Man or an ally within 4 clear spaces of him takes 1+ wounds from an enemy's attack, during your next turn, Spider-Man has +2 Attack when making an adjacent attack against that enemy.

FACTION = N/A
PUBLISHER = MARVEL
KEYWORDS = Spider-Verse
SYMBOLS = CROSSOVER, STEALTH, SUPER STRENGTH
RELEASE NAME: blurb: Orphaned at the age of six, the Peter Parker of Earth 1610 is an outcast and withdrawn teenaged science prodigy from Queens, NY. His life changed forever during a trip to Oscorp, where he was bitten by a radioactive spider and given his spectacular super powers. Spider-Man is a neophyte superhero- guilt-stricken by the loss of his uncle- who quickly impresses A-lister like Captain America, Iron Man, Nick Fury, and Wolverine with his willingness to learn and strong moral code. Ultimately, the world learned that Peter was struck down in a battle with the Green Goblin after taking a bullet to save Captain America, inspiring Miles Morales to fill his shoes and become Spider-Man. Unbeknownst to much of Earth-1610, the Oz Serum that mutated Peter Parker gave him another superpower: immortality.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Ultimates #040-#042 Spider-Man.
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Ultimates #214 Peter Parker.
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Alexandros
  • Card art: ...
  • Comic creators: Brian Michael Bendis
Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by Alexandros; March 26th, 2024 at 08:54 PM.
Old March 21st, 2024, 11:04 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Spider-Man (Ultimate) (2.0 Conversion)

A couple changes here:

He has been given the Spider-Verse tag.

Based on the current verbiage Karat and I landed on, Spider-Man doesn't have to end his special movement granted by Ultimate Sacrifice adjacent to the defending figure- we can change this if we need to.
Old March 21st, 2024, 11:05 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great to see you back in c3g-land

Does spiderman need stealth? I think it's on most of his cards, enables the Web Swing and helps communicate his general dodging/acrobatics.
Old March 21st, 2024, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Great to see you back in c3g-land

Does spiderman need stealth? I think it's on most of his cards, enables the Web Swing and helps communicate his general dodging/acrobatics.
That makes sense- still learning 2.0 so I hadn't thought to suggest it here. I am not averse.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 12:01 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
If an ally within 4 clear spaces of Spider-Man would take 1+ wounds from an enemy's attack, Spider-Man gains a special move action. If he ends that move adjacent to the defender, Spider-Man takes those wounds instead.
I'd probably just go "move action" here versus "special move action"? The number of situations where he can't swing but can just hoof it are probably pretty low.

Quote:
STEP UP
When Spider-Man or an ally within 4 clear spaces of Spider-Man takes 1+ wounds from an enemy's attack, or the Ultimate Sacrifice ability, during your next turn, Spider-Man has +2 Attack when making an adjacent attack against that enemy.
Wondering if we need the "or the Ultimate Sacrifice ability,"... in 1.0, abilities like this would definitely be the "source" of the wounds versus the attack itself. Not sure if that's still the case in 2.0? Might be we still need it, it just jumped out at me. Bats/Archie/Karat might know.

Super small point but I'd probably make this ability start with an "If" rather than a "When". Usually they both work just as well as each other, but with the effect not really kicking in until your next turn, the "When" hits a little weird.

Crossover is a symbol now, goes down at the bottom with Super Strength.

Looking good!
Old March 22nd, 2024, 09:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I think we have the same instinct that if Spidey is taking the wounds from the attack instead of his ally, those wounds come ... from the attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2024, 09:53 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I was questioning that as I helped convert this. I was thinking we probably didn't need it now but left it in case I was trying to oversimplify or was forgetting a reason we did need it.

I like the move action angle though.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd probably just go "move action" here versus "special move action"? The number of situations where he can't swing but can just hoof it are probably pretty low.
Quote:
Super small point but I'd probably make this ability start with an "If" rather than a "When". Usually they both work just as well as each other, but with the effect not really kicking in until your next turn, the "When" hits a little weird.
Quote:
Crossover is a symbol now, goes down at the bottom with Super Strength.
Fixed.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 10:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like this is pretty much just going to be a wording conversion, which is cool. Not seeing any need for even sanity testing.

The standard with this type of thing is to give it 48 hours for thoughts and comments and as long as there are no significant mechanical changes, propose we move to Final Editing. Once we hit that and you're happy with where the wording's at, you'll just need to update it as ready for Art. And then the Art Team does their thing and then you'll just need to propose for release once it has been carded.

Should be pretty bing bang boom.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2024, 10:39 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In which case you'd need to add a link to the legacy design and remove the playtesting parts of the OP

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 22nd, 2024, 10:41 AM

Yes. We don't port over the 1.0 playtests. If someone wants to read those, they can look at the legacy thread.

Old March 22nd, 2024, 11:38 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Publisher and Symbols should be all Caps as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > Public Designs