Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Bad_Calvin's CityScape Project

Ok gang, I am wanting to get this project moving again. I have not had the time to do any more terrain for almost a year because of the r/l crap going on but I do want to start getting motivated again. So I am going to repost the past projects that I have done, and then start finishing up some of the ones collecting dust. I would like if you all could give me some more "fuel" on what things you would like to see.

I would like to just say that the reason I enjoy these types of games the most is because of the "visuals". I like to make my own scenery just to enhance the over feel of the game for me. I don't paticularly like to play in an "open" field devoid of any obstacles, or landmarks. Not to mention that building terrain is my relax time for the most part and an extension of the hobby for me.

So please feel free to ask questions post a few ideas for some terrain. I will try and help you all as much as possible along the way if you are interested in making any of these things yourself just ask. I hope to hear from you!

Also, I do have a website if you would like to check it out. The contents of which will pretty much be posted here as well.

Another note! I am going to be finishing up a crypt here soon to put on ebay to sell for Heroscapers. So you will have a chance to get one and benefit this site as well. So keep your eyes peeled for that. I just have to get it done.

Bad_Calvins City Scape
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:30 AM

Lifters

Here are some lifters I made. I made these out of dow cut to fit underneath the hex tiles.

To break it down the pieces are equvilent to the following
24 hex tile = approx 72-96 hexes high!
7 hex tile = approx 21-28 hexes high!
2 hex tile = approx 6 -8 hexes high !
5 hex tile = approx 15-20 hexes high!

These help to build higher when you are short some tiles. We have 5 master sets so far and we are still finding ourselves needing more!

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Waterfall

Ok, this came at the request of UD I believe. He wanted a water fall that miniatures could hide behing, and blocked line of sight. I went with just some material that matched the color of the hex tiles. The material can be cut in different lengths and easily tucked under the hex tiles to hold it into place. I through a couple cotton balls down to add some foam. Simple and quick, and very effective.

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM

Buildings

Ok, here are some stock buildings I made.
I call them stock because they can be made into different types of buildings. I can add a steeple for a church, a sign out front for a bar. (I wanted to make a Ninthdocs Tavern.. still might). There are a number of things you can do to these buildings. You can even attach them to make a larger building. Anyway, here are some of the stock buildings.

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Bridges

I wanted to make a two hexed wide stone bridge. These come in pretty useful for a lot of our games and we can save our tiles for short walls. Here are some pics of the stone bridges. These could have been painted in brown to greay, these are all grey.

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:48 AM

well springs

I hear so much about the well springs but hasbro doesn't make any. I wanted to make a well spring to match up with some of the different armies represented in HS. Hopefully you enjoy.

Here is the first one, It is a universal Stone Hedgeish well spring. I like it.

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Einer Hedge

Lil newbie wanted this hedge. Perhaps to go with Einer a bit. I like the way this turned out and it some pieces you can lock in, or take out depending on how you want to use it. i was thinking the entrance of a cave would look pretty cool.

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Bone Hedges

The Marro are just sweet in my opinion, of course I have always been a sucker for monsters. This here is a bone hedge that could be put around a well spring for the Utgar army. These are great objectives for a game!

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Dice Tower

Imax is the king of dice towers as far as I am concerned. I did want to make my own however.. how could I resist? They are great fun! I wanted to make one that would fit in to the rest of my terrain for HS and be a part of the table and the action!

Here is what I came up with.

Old January 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Crypt

Ok, this is one of the larger pieces I did for HS. HEH drew up an awesome picture of it for the Codex. That looked amazing! I wanted to make a building that the scape figs could fight in. (mind you this was before castle sets). The one story and two story buildings really did not give me a lot of room to play with, so I went with something much much larger. I decided to make an Utgar crypt. It is pretty cool I think. There is plenty of room for battle inside and outside the crypt. I would love to do another large scape building like this... perhaps a pyramid... hmm.

Old January 16th, 2007, 12:08 PM

Ok, if anyone has any pictures of the stuff I have built for them and would like to post it here that would be great.

If anyone has any terrain or obstacle ideas you would like to see let me know. I look forward to getting this project going again!

Thanks for all the past support with this project you all have helped me out so much with it!

Thank you for all the fun!!
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love that crypt. I use mine now and then, as well as the buildings you made for me. Tons of fun.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles