Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old August 16th, 2021, 12:11 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Melkor / Morgoth - The Silmarillion

Apologies if I’m not supposed to post here out of nowhere, I will make some edits when I can and when necessary. Didn’t realize this was an official section.

MELKOR / MORGOTH - Silmarillion
A middle earth custom I happened to try and make.

Actual figure image
Spoiler Alert!

Figure Name: Skeletal Champion w/mask (Reaper)

The purpose of Throne of Angband was to assimilate Melkors rulings from the safety of his fortresses. What is gained is not needing to place order markers in any order preventing risk of losing turns when losing figures with unrevealed order markers while leaving your options open ended globally. Point value still needs figuring since you are trading points for this power rather than any figures on the board.

Originally there was more focus on making him a strong fighter, being the "king of darkness" and all, though he is still formidable with 4 def 7 life.
At one point his stats were 3 atk, 3 def locked with an ability doubling both like a combination of deadly strike and shields of valor. And his max wounds taken were 1-2 per attack. I did not want him to be 1 shottable in certain cases so eventually settled on huge presence which fits his theme.

In his list of command options there was also "goblins and goblin archers", "orcs and orc archer idea", to maximize army control such as Kato Katsuro's "spear and riflemen", which is who he ended up similar to as another 200 point Commander type hero.

I wanted to limit his Command to figures you would only see in the Middle Earth universe. Orcs, trolls, wolves, etc, but removing marro/wulsini/soulbourgs was probably the best way to chisel this selection without making the ability too descript. And actually many Classic/C3V creatures (besides a few) outside of those races/factions, I could imagine having some place in early stages of Middle Earth.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; April 2nd, 2024 at 04:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs