Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
whatever....if you sit Isamu due to start restrictions, his figure along with his card are not in the game...shackle away.
THANK YOU. I agree with that completely and like the spirit behind that 100%.
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I see now why this was being picked apart.

I think what I said is the most simple and clear interpretation.

The rule says if you sit a figure due to start restrictions, the figure cannot be used.

If this figure is a unique hero, then I challenge anyone to show me how in the world of Heroscape you can use a unique hero card for a hero that cannot be used.

The Isamu scenario is the best and most likely example. If you sit Isamu, the unique hero figure along with the unique hero card are removed from play.

Why would a card even be laid out for a hero that cannot be used?

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 21st, 2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Isamu scenario is the BEAST...also added "unique" to head of any smartassery
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I see now why this was being picked apart.

I think what I said is the most simple and clear interpretation.

The rule says if you sit a figure due to start restrictions, the figure cannot be used.

If this figure is a hero, then I challenge anyone to show me how in the world of Heroscape you can use a hero card for a hero that cannot be used.

The Isamu scenario is the beast and most likely example. The hero figure along with the card should are removed from play. Why would a card even be laid out for a hero that cannot be used?
All of that sounds 100% spot on to me.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
whatever....if you sit Isamu due to start zone restrictions, his figure along with his card are not in the game...shackle your opponent's Isamu if you like.

AND, yes inthe case of a hero, I am adding "along with the card", unless someone can explain to me how you can use a hero card for a hero that cannot be used.
That was my fault. I was always under the assumption that you cannot mindshackle an opposing figure that you have in your army, whether or not he is actually on the map.

My bad, all!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
whatever....if you sit Isamu due to start zone restrictions, his figure along with his card are not in the game...shackle your opponent's Isamu if you like.

AND, yes inthe case of a hero, I am adding "along with the card", unless someone can explain to me how you can use a hero card for a hero that cannot be used.
That was my fault. I was always under the assumption that you cannot mindshackle an opposing figure that you have in your army, whether or not he is actually on the map.

My bad, all!
No worries. I am sure it is not the first or last time you have been wrong. It happens.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Not quite as wrong as retaliatory neg-repping, and not even CLOSE to being as wrong as abusing your moderation powers to go back and determine who anonymously neg-repped you so that you could retaliate.

Good luck in your post-moderation life, bro.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Not quite as wrong as retaliatory neg-repping, and not even CLOSE to being as wrong as abusing your moderation powers to go back and determine who anonymously neg-repped you so that you could retaliate.

Good luck in your post-moderation life, bro.
  1. You just used profanity to call me a derogatory name in a PM. I haven't done that.
  2. I didn't like your post, and as soon as I realized that your "definitive" previous post was wrong, I felt it was worth neg repping (within my right as a member)
  3. Every rep I ever get has a signature next to it. I don't have to take any additional steps to see its signature - it is there.
I think you just feel uncomfortable, and that is fine, but I haven't done anything wrong.
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM

Whatever makes you feel better about it, Griff.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My bad, all!
No worries. I am sure it is not the first or last time you have been wrong. It happens.
In fairness, it was not clarified previously.

Along these same lines, if you have the starting spaces to place all of your army, you must do so. This applies more in a tournament setting I guess. Meaning that if you are not maxed on hexes, you cannot sit a figure to gain some other bonus, depending on match up. If you want that bonus,(I.E. valiant, disciplined army bonus) you should have never had that figure in your army in the first place.

lonewolf asked me this in PM recently; I said if you have the space, you must place.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

HEY, what's that over THAT way?!?!?!?!
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Hey, look! It's a question, in the Question Dump even!

Here's another. Isamu/Spidey/Venom's evasive powers refer to triggering when an opponent rolls one or more skulls while attacking.

Ornak's buff ability causes orcs within range to count blanks/valkyrie symbols as skulls, so....if I attack Isamu with a Heavy Grut (who is within the needed 2 hexes of Ornak) and roll 2 shields and an Utgar symbol, will this still cause Isamu to roll for vanish.

I'm pretty sure it would, but it came into question the other night, and I'd sleep more easily knowing that my opponent got away fair-and-square.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Hey, look! It's a question, in the Question Dump even!

Here's another. Isamu/Spidey/Venom's evasive powers refer to triggering when an opponent rolls one or more skulls while attacking.

Ornak's buff ability causes orcs within range to count blanks/valkyrie symbols as skulls, so....if I attack Isamu with a Heavy Grut (who is within the needed 2 hexes of Ornak) and roll 2 shields and an Utgar symbol, will this still cause Isamu to roll for vanish.

I'm pretty sure it would, but it came into question the other night, and I'd sleep more easily knowing that my opponent got away fair-and-square.
"Each Utgar Symbol counts as an additional skull." So yeah, Vanish 9 and whatnot would work if only Utgar Symbols are rolled.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's