Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 12th, 2022, 04:59 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
But this site is for building and maintaining a community, and mostly what I see here is just toxicity. I get that many of you don’t want to hear this, but you guys are responsible for your own attitudes and you’re responsible for how this place is perceived. That’s on you.
This is true for all of us, including you, GB. Please look at yourself in a mirror and read what you wrote back to yourself.
Of course. I’ve been silent about this for a long time. Today I decided to bring it up in the toxic thread where it will be swallowed up with everything else. I’d much rather you guys direct your anger at me.
While constructive criticisms could be taken as anger or negative by those that are sensitive to it, I’m not angry or being negative. I truly WANT this to come back and by expressing what is making me hold back my $ isn’t negative or toxic. I believe some see it that way due to bias confirmation or whatnot. I have not see the criticism as suggestions. Some people have communication disorders (points to self) that come off as mean or angry but it’s just direct and to the point.

I looked back at my old account that I wish I could get back into (tried and tried but had no idea how to because I believe old obsolete email was used) and I started on this board 12/2006 and would comeback periodically. This campaign has brought me back, watching everyday but I’m still not sold and I keep BEGGING to be sold.
Old October 12th, 2022, 05:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lets give this thread a cooling off period.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2022, 05:07 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
But this site is for building and maintaining a community, and mostly what I see here is just toxicity. I get that many of you don’t want to hear this, but you guys are responsible for your own attitudes and you’re responsible for how this place is perceived. That’s on you.
This is true for all of us, including you, GB. Please look at yourself in a mirror and read what you wrote back to yourself.
Of course. I’ve been silent about this for a long time. Today I decided to bring it up in the toxic thread where it will be swallowed up with everything else. I’d much rather you guys direct your anger at me.
While constructive criticisms could be taken as anger or negative by those that are sensitive to it, I’m not angry or being negative. I truly WANT this to come back and by expressing what is making me hold back my $ isn’t negative or toxic. I believe some see it that way due to bias confirmation or whatnot. I have not see the criticism as suggestions. Some people have communication disorders (points to self) that come off as mean or angry but it’s just direct and to the point.

I looked back at my old account that I wish I could get back into (tried and tried but had no idea how to because I believe old obsolete email was used) and I started on this board 12/2006 and would comeback periodically. This campaign has brought me back, watching everyday but I’m still not sold and I keep BEGGING to be sold.
One thing I have discovered in my time in this industry is that large companies are slower to respond to the market than smaller, more agile companies. However, the people who work there are no less vulnerable. I think of the designers and inventors, who have sunk so much career capital into this, and I imagine them seeing these discussions and being helpless to course correct as briskly as the public demands. That feeling is soul crushing.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hi, everyone!

I’ve been given permission to release a small bit of information about a design in progress.

The *actual* current stats for Killian Vane, as opposed to the incorrect ones put on the sample card, are as follows:

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Otherwise the card is precisely as we are currently considering it.

Thanks!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:50 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hi, everyone!

I’ve been given permission to release a small bit of information about a design in progress.

The *actual* current stats for Killian Vane, as opposed to the incorrect ones put on the sample card, are as follows:

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Thanks!
I think, in general, any card previews should be considered a work in progress until you actually have that card in hand. I’ve seen some 11th hour changes that happened after the cards were supposedly “finished”.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:54 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, everyone!

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Thanks!
I think, in general, any card previews should be considered a work in progress until you actually have that card in hand. I’ve seen some 11th hour changes that happened after the cards were supposedly “finished”.
Any that you can talk about?
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi, everyone!

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Thanks!
Any that you can talk about?
No, but honestly it wouldn’t be that interesting. Small things such as a figure’s height or some other value changing by 1. I’ve also seen mild name changes and ability editing.

The main thing is that any card previews should be understood as works in progress to avoid confusion later.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:16 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

There were some alternate Flagbearer cards floating around that had slight differences.
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:17 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Hi, everyone!

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

Thanks!
Thanks for clarifying DS!

From Avalon Bill:
Quote:
For the purposes of the fan poll, we have used the same unit card for consistency, removed color to focus on composition, and provided a text heavy example, so players can see how units with multiple powers can influence the layout.
Would you agree that the design shared represents a "text heavy example" compared to the other cards in the set? Is Killian really on the higher end of the amount of text we can expect to see on a card?
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
There were some alternate Flagbearer cards floating around that had slight differences.
Seems they made Hatamoto worse in a last-minute edit!
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:24 AM

Also, for what its worth, its a bit strange to me that the correct stats are only being shared by DadScaper here and not directly by Avalon Hill in any official channels.

EDIT: Saw in the other thread that CVN said they are working to update the poll. In that case all is well
Old October 13th, 2022, 11:33 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
From Avalon Bill:
Quote:
For the purposes of the fan poll, we have used the same unit card for consistency, removed color to focus on composition, and provided a text heavy example, so players can see how units with multiple powers can influence the layout.
Would you agree that the design shared represents a "text heavy example" compared to the other cards in the set? Is Killian really on the higher end of the amount of text we can expect to see on a card?

Follow up question, are their no units with multiple powers that could have been shown?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion