Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old October 8th, 2022, 02:02 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I think it's okay for him to be better than the Mind Flayer. It is an overpriced and underused figure.

I'll think the 19 vs 20 issue over... It is the kind of power that shouldn't necessarily trigger every game. Another dial is life; drop to 19 but also do one less life. Stay at 20 but add one life.
I'd favor 19 with 1 less life, but I don't think it matters. Tetsuo is a Runa/ KMS/ Atlaga/ Deadeye Dan style figure. Legendary in home games and totally uncompetitive outside of them.

Edit: That's a good thing, not a bad thing.
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:11 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd be fine with 19 at 5 life, I think. One of the defining characteristics of Tetsuo IMO is just how much of a glass cannon he is, and that noticeably increases the risk of his tendency to throw out 5 attack at 5 range.
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I would prefer 20/6L to 19/5L, as lower life discourages use of Overclock.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Let's stick with Overclock 20 and 6L; that's what's in the OP.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:19 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Are we ready to finalize, here, or do we need more playtesting?
@NecroBlade
@Pumpkin_King
@Astroking112
@All Your Pie
@flameslayer93
@Captain Stupendous
@Knox

(I'm not sure my list there is up to date, so I added Cpt S and the Pod 0 main thread list)

EDIT: After reading the playtests I'm not sure Tetsuo is done with playtesting. I'd like to see a few exploit type builds for him, and see him against some armies where he has potential to create an unfun matchup for the other player.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; October 19th, 2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
This sounds good to me.
Old October 20th, 2022, 08:07 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

What kind of exploits and unfun matchups do you have in mind, @caps ?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 20th, 2022, 08:57 PM

I had some things in mind... But I don't know what they were. Myrddin perhaps.

And I'm drawing a blank on unfun matchups... I think I was thinking of army compositions where his potential for 5 attack is unfun for the opponent.

--
--
--

--
Old November 6th, 2022, 06:42 PM

Not a great showing for Tetsuo but I thought I'd post it here anyway. Game log is https://www.heroscapers.com/ohs/index.php?log=635c0d45780431666977093.html]here[/url] and google doc (with movement history) is here.

TL;DR I think he put some wounds on Heirloom and maybe killed a WF or two but didn't ever get a Mindjack.

--
--
--

--
Old November 10th, 2022, 01:10 PM

Bol
Horned Skull Brutes x3
Tetsuo Tyrell
345 Points, 11 Figures, 11 Hexes
Settings: VC, Delta Points

vs

Acolarh
Aubrien Archers x2
Otonashi
Warriors of Ashra x2
345 Points, 14 Figures, 14 Hexes
Settings: VC, Delta Points

Overclocked at least twice, killed 1 WoA, was blocked several times at range, and countered by Home Tree Aura at least twice. Never got to try a Mindjack. Took multiple LEAs (dodging each one ) to make ranged attacks, too. Kind of a bummer game for Tet.

An unsurprising win for the elves in this one.

You can view the map (including figure placement history) here.

--
--
--

--
Old March 27th, 2023, 12:19 PM

We're at something like 16-17 playtests here. I think it is time to settle on a point value and call for a final vote, unless anyone has concerns after reading the playtest results.

@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous

--
--
--

--
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:33 AM

Linked more playtests in the OP. When I have time to go through them I'll take a look at proposing points/vote.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs