Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 9th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Tabletop Simulator - Heroscape Adding Maps to A3n's scri

I have a My Games folder in my Documents folder and in there is Tabletop Simulator. Inside that are: DLC, Mods, Saves, and Screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 10th, 2021, 08:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok, I think I know what is happening now but I am not sure how to proceed further at this point as my PC started playing up this weekend.

So from my understanding the Atom editor is doing the work of ingesting all the #include files into the single script where the statement is. When you download the file though I don't know what it is doing in the reverse of this if you don't have the files already saved. From what I have read the #include statement is put back the text that would normally be in the included file is removed. But it must reside somewhere.

Anyway the thing I was going to try, is that in the TTS plugin settings in Atom there is an option to turn of the #include. This apparently puts the script from the file back in the global script with remarks beginning & end to indicate that it is supposed to be a file. Anyway my thought was to turn the option off grab the script & save it in a file of the correct name. then set the option back close Atom & restart it & see if it works using that file.

I do believe you are IT savvy enough to try this if you like Q.
Old October 10th, 2021, 10:34 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you have any links, I'd appreciate them. I'm not seeing an y option to turn off #include.

Also, if you could zip up the files and upload them, I could download them and try again.

Quote:
Old October 11th, 2021, 08:32 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
If you have any links, I'd appreciate them. I'm not seeing an y option to turn off #include.

Also, if you could zip up the files and upload them, I could download them and try again.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsim...h_include_put/
Old October 13th, 2021, 02:18 PM

Sadly, that gives me nothing to go on. Let me know if you can send the files my way.

Quote:
Old February 10th, 2022, 08:05 PM

Ok so I have now had the experience of getting this up & going without having the setup of the creator (me) as I have since swapped out hard drives & reinstalled a fresh Windows 10.

Anyway, you need to create a folder (usually) in your documents folder. The path to which is specified in the Atom Settings:

If it doesn't already exist create the "Tabletop Simulator" folder then create a sub-folder "HS_Maps". For me the folder structure looks like: C:\Users\amaxs\Documents\Tabletop Simulator\HS_Maps\.

Now I don't know if this is totally necessary for you to add new content (I did it anyway), but if you can get the files from somebody else (even if it's not the most up-to-date) it may save you a lot of effort. Put the map files you get into this folder.

Next I will explain my understanding of how Atom & TTS scripting interact. So to make things modular & a little easier to understand, Atom allows you to include other files in your script by using the #include <folder/filename> statement. What Atom does when exporting back to TTS is whenever it comes across a #include statement it opens the file, from your folder set above, & copies all the text from it & inserts it into the the uploaded script at the place where the statement occurred. It also precedes & follows the inserted text with "----#include <folder/filename>". For example:
If you have a file like:

Then the statement in the referring script will look like:

But what is uploaded to TTS actually looks like:

So now back to the OP, when you do step 8 "8/. In Atom from the Packages menu, in the Tabletop Simulator sub-menu, choose Get Lua Scripts. Then open a new file & paste the text." you are going to either see just the #include statement or the commented statement with the script from the file included already. In the settings you can change what you actually get in Atom. By default Atom is set to show the #include statement but it won't download the associated files. You can change the settings to download the full script:

Don't forget to get the script again after changing the settings so you can see the changed script.

What you can do if you need the files but don't have them already is: from the full script copy the script between the two commented statements & paste into a new file with the same name as used in the #include statement with an extension of ".ttslua".

Just remember some will be nested. E.g. The Global.ttslua has #include HS_maps/Map_List then the Map_List.ttslua file has #include Map_Grundys_Grave. So the full script will look like :
----#include HS_maps/Map_List
----#include Map_Grundys_Grave
... the script ...
----#include Map_Grundys_Grave
----#include HS_maps/Map_List

Now I don't know if you need all files to make the changes to include new maps as I already had all the files. It is my assumption that you would only need the Map_List.ttslua file to add your included map file. Then of course make all the other changes outlined in the OP.

Cheers

Last edited by quozl; April 16th, 2022 at 12:42 AM.
Old July 19th, 2022, 12:00 AM

Hello,

I have done a little update to the script of this TTS Mod. I have passed it on to @IAmBatman who will pass it to Japes to update the Workshop version.

With this update I have simplified the adding of maps to the menu system. As such I updated the instructions in the OP to include:
Quote:
8a/. In the 2nd & 3rd line change the words "map_type" to one of: "mapsC3Gcomp" (C3G Competitive map), "mapsC3Gcasual" (C3G Casual map), "mapsWoS" (Wargrounds of Scape map), "mapsWF" (C3G Worlds Finest map) or "mapsFFU" (C3G Fantastic Forces Unite).
8b/. In the 3rd line change the words "IMG_Map_map_name" to be without spaces or punctuation for the "map_name" as per step 12.
This has made steps 14-16 (inclusive) redundant now.

Also with this update I added 3 boards Space, Sky & Asphalt. Select these from the C3G Casual Maps menu & it should place them on the table with the hexes aligned to the grid. then you can add terrain & create a whole new map that will include the board as per the OP instructions.

I have also added mats that are for the @Cavalier City Mats (version 1 & 2), @A3n Cosmic Mat, & the Astral Plane. These may require alignment to grid when designing your map but once positioned & saved as a map (as per the OP instructions) they should work fine.

Cheers
Old March 6th, 2023, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Hello,

I have done a little update to the script of this TTS Mod. I have passed it on to @IAmBatman who will pass it to Japes to update the Workshop version.

With this update I have simplified the adding of maps to the menu system. As such I updated the instructions in the OP to include:
Quote:
8a/. In the 2nd & 3rd line change the words "map_type" to one of: "mapsC3Gcomp" (C3G Competitive map), "mapsC3Gcasual" (C3G Casual map), "mapsWoS" (Wargrounds of Scape map), "mapsWF" (C3G Worlds Finest map) or "mapsFFU" (C3G Fantastic Forces Unite).
8b/. In the 3rd line change the words "IMG_Map_map_name" to be without spaces or punctuation for the "map_name" as per step 12.

Also with this update I added 3 boards Space, Sky & Asphalt. Select these from the C3G Casual Maps menu & it should place them on the table with the hexes aligned to the grid. then you can add terrain & create a whole new map that will include the board as per the OP instructions.

I have also added mats that are for the @Cavalier City Mats (version 1 & 2), @A3n Cosmic Mat, & the Astral Plane. These may require alignment to grid when designing your map but once positioned & saved as a map (as per the OP instructions) they should work fine.

Cheers
for @japes
Old March 6th, 2023, 10:29 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

Quote:

Cheers
for @japes
Excellent. Thanks for all your hard work here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 6th, 2023, 10:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 25th, 2023, 09:01 PM

Skeletorsally is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Where would one go to find maps already made on Tabletop Simulator?
Old June 25th, 2023, 09:11 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletorsally View Post
Where would one go to find maps already made on Tabletop Simulator?
If you are looking for C3G(Superhero Scape) go to this workshop and there are quite a few:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2742749663

This page has all the links for C3G stuff:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=60278

If you are looking for classic heroscape stuff you would have to search in the workshop search bar for "Heroscape Map" and a bunch will come up.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/workshop/

I can help with the Superhero stuff, not so much with the Classic Heroscape stuff

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software