Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old October 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

What would be the starting point total. Say both players start with 300 pts then there are 300 pts worth of possible reinforcements. Then using the above rules its fight to the death. Of course the numbers for points can be changed to your liking. I love it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

We can start boss back up with this for sure. Making star wars maps that can also be used for battlefront. Also adding in glyphs for control points to previous boss maps as well

Old October 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
"like" happy

Great ideas @japes

Old October 18th, 2016, 01:00 AM
"like" happy

Thinking about this one further.
Quote:
-Each player drafts a 600pt army(or larger, depending on how big you want your game.)
-Each player starts with 100pts worth of figures in their start zone.(this would force the players to take command points. If they didn't they would get overrun.)
-At the beginning of each new round, players may spawn figures adjacent to each controlled Command point. Limit of 1 hero figure per control point.(This way they don't take one control point and summon in Darth Vader, Boba Fett and the Emperor and have their whole army fielded. Or only allow 1 Hero in their army? We can still work on this aspect.)
-Victory Conditions, whichever team defeats the other teams figures or controls all control points at the end of a round wins.
Tell me what you guys think about this. This is pretty cool. I'm stoked all over again about this. Thanks again @japes . Even though now that I have a PS4 and have played battlefront, doesn't really work like the older versions.

Old October 18th, 2016, 02:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we are trying to recreate the feel of the old video game, then the heroes were used as a uncommon boost and the basic troops were the focus. With that in mind, I'd be all for limiting each side to only 1 hero figure, which they can only deploy later in the game rather than right away.
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:28 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If we are trying to recreate the feel of the old video game, then the heroes were used as a uncommon boost and the basic troops were the focus. With that in mind, I'd be all for limiting each side to only 1 hero figure, which they can only deploy later in the game rather than right away.
We could make there be a control point limit in which they can spawn their hero. Say, they have to take 3 out of the 5 control points before being able to spawn their hero.

Old October 18th, 2016, 10:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Or just make it so they have to take over the other teams "HOME" point. Each teams starts with a Control Point in their startzone.

I still think we need to be careful with the x out of total thing to eliminate the runaway winner issue.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 18th, 2016, 01:21 PM
"like" happy

Yeah, also I just realized with the 1 hero per army thing, that screws with quite a few fun HOSS synergies, released and Unreleased. There may be a way to only allow one hero spawned per round regardless. If you spawn say darth vader on round one, He's going to be much more powerful than a handful of squad units but would not be able to win you the game by capturing all points.

Old October 19th, 2016, 01:44 PM
"like" happy

Alright. After much brainstorming and coming up with a few new star wars themed map builds in my head I have some more details that could be fun. Just random points in how we could run this setup.
-5 glyphs per map(taken with @japes idea) 1 in each start zone(glyph of Brandars) 3 other glyphs randomly face down. My suggested picks for theme. Lodin, Valda, Dagmar.
-Rules for starting spaces and per round reinforcements.
-Starting spaces for each team are, the glyph in the startzone, and all spaces adjacent to that glyph. A 7 space start zone.
-placing figures for reinforcements each round. You may place as many figures that you have available adjacent to any glyph you control. You may only place one hero figure adjacent to each glyph you control each round.
-winning conditions, Have control of all glyphs at the end of a round or defeat all enemy figures that are on the battlefield.
With these rules it seems very much like battlefront, with only 7 figures to start with, you will have to go out and grab more glyphs, and with the controllable glyphs that can be taken, you also receive those bonuses giving a slight boost to capture those as well. The italicized portion is something I'm still iffy on. Tell me what you guys think.

Old October 19th, 2016, 01:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it and it's simple. I hadn't thought of making the control points anything other than glyph of Brandars but making the unclaimed ones start as different glyphs could be interesting.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 19th, 2016, 01:52 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I like it and it's simple. I hadn't thought of making the control points anything other than glyph of Brandars but making the unclaimed ones start as different glyphs could be interesting.
I like simple as well, then you don't have to keep referencing something constantly, what do you think about the hero bit. I'm on the fence about it. Generally Heroes are not as strong as squad scape, and if you have more heroes you will have to defeat the enemy instead of capture the points, so I'm thinking we could just allow as many heroes as wanted spawn. I don't think that would be too much in favor for hero builds.

Old October 19th, 2016, 02:03 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I like simple as well, then you don't have to keep referencing something constantly, what do you think about the hero bit. I'm on the fence about it. Generally Heroes are not as strong as squad scape, and if you have more heroes you will have to defeat the enemy instead of capture the points, so I'm thinking we could just allow as many heroes as wanted spawn. I don't think that would be too much in favor for hero builds.
I was on the fence there as well. For one, without that restriction then this could be ported to any other Heroscape version. However for this purpose it works nicely that your squads and 1 hero start the game and you have to quickly overtake another point so get more squads and heroes out. Feels more Battlefront.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape