Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old November 6th, 2008, 09:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Custom Unique Squad Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Ooh, good card, EP. Any special reason why the wording of Soul Splinter isn't more like the Zombies?
Because I didn't think of just copying the text but changing the names in it.

This card was my first experimentation with a new type of power that has been underused by Hasbro/wizards: The negative power. Essentially, it's a power that makes the figure worse, allowing the point cost to go down. Marcu and Sonya use this power, as does the Groks. Unholy prevent the unit from getting a lot of good bonuses. Without it, I would have to price them at about 110, but I felt it would be too high of a cost. So, I figured Realin, Finn, Thorgrim, Eldgrim, and Gilbert's attack and defence boosting aura's and spirits were worth a few points.
Oh, definitely worth a few points. And the lack of non-species-related buffs in Utgar's army cements thier place as cheap beatstick squaddies, with an edge of finesse. They can go in among the 4th Mass placement, or the edge of the Roman Phalanx and smack down, while replenishing their ranks from the fallen now-fragile squaddies. I love anti-squad squads.

A note about wording: along with Soul Splinter's change, maybe Cursed Soul could read: "When a Cursed Knight attacks a figure, it must roll its printed Defense stat". Just to cut down on a tiny bit of text clutter.
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Lets see if I can re word this better. I was mess up on wording.

Agent Skahen Bonding:
Before taking a turn with Skahen's Agents, you may take a turn with Agent Skahen.

Spining Boot Kick:
Range 1:Attack 4
Insteed of attacking with both Agents, You may chose one. Every figure adjacent to that Agent is effected by Spinning Boot Kick. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately

Tricky Bonding
If any Tricky figure you control that follows Vydar starts its movement adjacent to a Skahen Secret Agent, it may move two additional spaces.

Human
Unquie Squad
Agents
Tricky
Medium 5

Range 6
Movement 5
Attack 3
Defence 3
110 points

Bio:
"Go agents!!! I'll cover you." Skahen yelled as the Agents diaspered in a hurry. "You know our mission." One of Skahen's agents told the other. "We got to get to Agent Carr and warn him that they are comeing for him. We can't fell this mission,if we do then we will not come back from it." As they ran into building were Carr's hideout was. They ran up stairs to were Carr was pushing papers to find the candy bar he picked up. "Carr Whach out!!!" The agents yelled as a bullet shattered the window behind him and made its mark. However a bright light spun around him and disappred. As it disappered 2 men slammed the wall and shot both agents. "Welcome to Valhalla, Carr and Skahen and agents." Vydar said.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; November 6th, 2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Okay, much better, iceman3317. I'd put the Spinning kick as: "Insteed of attacking with both Agents, You may chose one. Every figure adjacent to that Agent is effected by Spinning Boot Kick. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately". This way, it's exactly like the monks. Whenever possible, I try and makes the powers that are similar to official stuff be as close as I can make it.

I'm still not sure about what you're trying to say with Tricky Bonding.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:21 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Every Ticky Figure who follows Vydar that is adjacent to at least 1 Skahen's Agent,may move 2 additional spaces
Maybe try:

If any Tricky figure you control that follows Vydar starts its movement adjacent to a Skahen Secret Agent, it may move two additional spaces.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:52 PM

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks guys

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Iceman, it looks like the focus on your camera is messed up. You might try taking a picture without anything in the background. It might look a bit better.
Old November 7th, 2008, 06:59 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

In another thread (about the possible demise of custom making) I argued that custom makers should concentrate on adding stuff to either rebalance the game or allow for new tactics and armies. So this is me trying to put my money where my mouth is. And with the crowd eagerly awaiting the return of Wave 2 it seemed like a good idea to add some fuel to that anxiety.
I give you the Clerics Of Weston.

Clerics of Weston, Jandar, human, unique squad, clerics, devote, medium 5
Life 1, range 1, attack 1, defense 1, move 4, 70 points

DEVOTE
Clerics of Weston may not be drafted in an
army containing undead or terrifying figures.

EXORCISM 17
Instead of taking a normal turn with a
Cleric of Weston you may attempt to regain
control over an adjacent figure that was
yours at the start of the game but have lost
control over. Roll the 20 sided die. On a
roll of 17 or higher you regain control of the
chosen figure and that figures army card.
Remove any order markers on this card.

JANDAR'S DIVINE PROTECTION 3
All friendly followers of Jandar roll 1 extra defense
die for every cleric within 3 clear sight spaces.

HOLY AURA 1
A Cleric of Weston and all adjacent friendly
figures are immune to special attacks and
abilities from undead figures.

JANDAR'S DIVINE WRATH
When a Cleric of Weston attacks an
undead figure, add 3 attack dice.

The figures are 28 mm resin abbey's priests by Fenryll, retailing somewhere around $13 for a set of three (the picture used for the card came from Fenryll's website.

(click for full size)

Last edited by pegasus; November 7th, 2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Hmm. Ok I'll try to get a better photo of them. Right now the photo I had are gone becaus emy computer crashed and my camera's kodak cd is missing.

Old November 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pegasus, I think you are going to run into a huge problem with these clerics. They die much to fast. They offer some great bonuses that can help their team and hurt their enemies indirectly, but they will be targeted just like realin, and often times a squad of gruts would wipe them all out in one turn.

They would be incredibly tricky to play, and it seems a master would be one of the few who could use them to their full potential. The simple remedy? Making them common. Sadly, this is a unique unit contest.

I might have sounded a little harsh here, but It's not really that bad. Exorcism probably won't be used often, but it is a very nice power to have. The auras are great, and really make them worth drafting. They can protect their allies, and with realin beside them you have a formidable defensive pod.

Even with their special immunity, I fear they will fall too quick.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:46 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow my first classicscape custom in over a year. Here goes nothing...

Old November 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice entry hi1! I like the second power a lot. I've played a game were my only arrow grut, from the lowland with no boosts killed DW9k. With power gives them much more staying power. It's a fix to the common whiff!

90 points may be a bit high, as their main purpose is do die. But hey, Finn and Thorgrim are worth 80, and they don't hover or add life.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Pegasus, I think you are going to run into a huge problem with these clerics. They die much to fast. They offer some great bonuses that can help their team and hurt their enemies indirectly, but they will be targeted just like realin, and often times a squad of gruts would wipe them all out in one turn.

They would be incredibly tricky to play, and it seems a master would be one of the few who could use them to their full potential. The simple remedy? Making them common. Sadly, this is a unique unit contest.

I might have sounded a little harsh here, but It's not really that bad. Exorcism probably won't be used often, but it is a very nice power to have. The auras are great, and really make them worth drafting. They can protect their allies, and with realin beside them you have a formidable defensive pod.

Even with their special immunity, I fear they will fall too quick.
Thanks for commenting (and I mean that) but I fear I have to disagree about your suggestion that they should be a common squad. The definition of a good unique squad in my opinion is a squad that cannot be made common without breaking the game. You're free to disagree but I think the Clerics of Weston meet that condition. Let me see if I can convince you (and the judges ) that they most definitely should not be common. It's all about JANDAR'S DEVINE PROTECTION ability. The clerics benefit from each others protection so when kept "together" they have defense of 3. Now imagine what will happen if you could draft four or five squads. Their defense (and the defense of any jandarians around them) would go through the roof That's why you should never be allowed to draft more than one squad.

Sure, you will have to make some tough decisions when playing them. Do you keep them together to max their defense or do you spread them out to power up more allies? It will depend on the game.
Do you put them in the front line? Probably better to keep them back when you're facing a horde of arrow gruts. But when Cyprien or zombies are eating through your commons it becomes another story entirely.
Yes, they're not easy to play, I never meant them to be. Where's the fun in that?
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games