Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Custom Common Hero Contest!

Here is a card for the Anubian Pack Leader. Zealot, I'm sorry I don't have a model that matches up exactly with your description, but I thought this one came really close.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Here is a card for the Anubian Pack Leader. Zealot, I'm sorry I don't have a model that matches up exactly with your description, but I thought this one came really close.

Nice Aeston, as you said, I'd prefer more of an Anubian Wolf repaint to black (preferably one with a unique pose like Marcu's) but thank you for putting the information on a card for me.

I've been tweeking with the stats and I think that it would be more effective to alter his attack strength and his first special power.

I believe his attack should be the same as a Dumutef's
Attack: 4

and his special power should read
"or any Dumutef Guard you control."

Tablewalker made a good point that moving 2 dumutefs at once seems a little too powerful for only 25 points. So I offset the loss of an attack by making the Pack Leader's attack = to the lost Dumutef.

Now whenever you activate an Anubian Pack Leader you have to choose between a 100point melee squad of 4 or a 50 point enhancement team that has a decent double attack.
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:35 AM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zealot, posted your edits on the card.

Yagyuninja, here is your Skald. Enjoy

Aeston's Maps
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:40 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

OK, pull my viking, I don't like him. Movement is already handled by Gilbert and Eldgrimm, and the death defy power I used to have on him is too suited to a unique hero.

EDIT: I just saw the card you made me, Aeston, that rocks! My above statement refers to my idea, not your card!

Here's my new entry:

Same stats as an Izumi, but 5 more points. In exactly the right situation, he can do a good amount of damage, and he might get that chance fairly often with Kato around. His defense bonus can help out friendlies in a team game, or his own folk in a Kato game. I modeled him after the other common heroes we have: he provides bonuses to similar figures, but has a feature or two to make him an occasionally worthwhile attacker himself.

Help needed: what the heck should I call the second power? I'm thinking of him inspiring the common folk, Seven Samurai style, but it might be a stretch.

Last edited by yagyuninja; May 6th, 2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Wanted to make sure Aeston knows I appreciate the card!
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:45 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Love it. Not sure what to call that second power either.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

I agree, the Ronin is well done. I really couldnt ask for more.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

The viking needs something else for his price, compared to others of the same cost. Maybe another defense die?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:24 AM
The Chronicler

I love the Ronin yagyuninja! I think the name you have for the second power works very well.

Those abilities are both very thematic for the unit. Perfect addition to the Samurai army.

Aeston's Maps
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:28 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Help needed: what the heck should I call the second power?
How about "A Call To Arms" or maybe "Inspired Masses"? How about "Fluff the Plebs"?
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
... the problem is, I am dumb and will forget if I am not looking at this card while take a marker turn with the other card. At least that is how it reads to me.
Enh. It's no worse than, say, the Nakita's Smoke Powder, which can fire off when a totally different card is the target of an attack.

Quote:
How about you may take a turn with any Jandar Soldier Squad after taking a turn with drummer boy?
I actually think that might be too powerful. I don't think there are any Jandar squads of soldiers right now that have bonding (it's just the AE and the minutemen, right?), but imagine if one comes out. Then you have 3 turns for the price of one common hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetacongoo View Post
Attack Barrage
After moving, if this German Gebirgsjäger
and any other Gebirgsjägers are all within
range of the same opponent, within their line
of sight, you may attack that opponent with up
to 3 Gebirgsjägers.
This is much better, I think. If I could suggest a slight wording change:

Quote:
Attack Barrage
After moving, if this German Gebirgsjäger and any other Gebirgsjägers are all within range of the same opponent, you may attack that opponent with up to 3 Gebirgsjägers. All German Gebirgsjägers who attack must have a clear line of sight on the one target.
This matches the Roman Archers wording.
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Xotli

Good call with the nakitas, I had forgotten they had stuff that triggers when you shoot at someone else.

As far as the drummer being too powerful, he is 70 points, the cost of an entire squad of 4th mass himself, or the cost of a squad of knights. I would give him that for that many points.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
As far as the drummer being too powerful, he is 70 points, the cost of an entire squad of 4th mass himself, or the cost of a squad of knights. I would give him that for that many points.
Oh, yeah, he is, isn't he? Well, I think it would be better to back off on the power and lower the points. 70 seems high for a common hero to me. Just my $.02.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games