Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 17th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx
I like idea 1. I can see where you are going with #2, but a DW9K, Q9, or Charos could just slaughter everything.
Hmm.... You have a point there. Perhaps modify Rule 1 so that the leader has to be a Human(oid) Figure, such as human, elf, or orc.

Either that, or make it that the leader can have a maximum height of 6 or something like that.
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx
I like idea 1. I can see where you are going with #2, but a DW9K, Q9, or Charos could just slaughter everything.
Hmm.... You have a point there. Perhaps modify Rule 1 so that the leader has to be a Human(oid) Figure, such as human, elf, or orc.

Either that, or make it that the leader can have a maximum height of 6 or something like that.
Or, you know, not bestow a rediculous amount of additional power to the leader

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM

talon_shadeslayer has disabled reputation
ok well i have more rules to it than my first post

1)it has to be a humanoid of some kind
2)it must be within 100-200 pts (my brother likes taelord as his so i made it 200)

i do like the idea of giving a bonus for being a leader but not as much as was said i was thinking more like +2 defence (max of 5). i wouldnt add attack do to people would just grab someone who started with 5+ attack just to bulk him up. possibly a +2 move to make the leader more mobile and make the charcter more worth while to risk fighting with

as for the games playing it does work well if you know how to work around someone your guarding. if you get a strong enough hero you dont want to hold him back the entire game but you also dont want him on the first attack wave so it makes for some fun creativity on how to make things work
Old April 17th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
OK ... my leader is one of my 18 arrow gruts ( guess which one )
The green one?

Anyways, this would be cool, but I don't think it would actually work.
Old April 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
Quote:
The green one?

Anyways, this would be cool, but I don't think it would actually work.
Great! Good guess, looks like I'm toast now....time to head to the high ground surrounded by all my swogs.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM

ptucker78 has disabled reputation
I think if you were creative enough with the special rules for the leader figure this could work and be very interesting. I'll have to bring this up to the couple people I play with and see what they would think.
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:36 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Usually when i play i choose a leader depending on who i get but i don't use any special rules i just play normally - battle until one team is dead or gives up.
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM

when i play i never used any special abilities but it sounds like it could make it alot better of a game. ill work out some rules for it today and post them later on to see what you guyys think works or not
Old April 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM

ok so heres what ive got

the leader must be a unique hero between 90-180 points, it must be some type of humanoid. during the game if the chosen hero loses the game is over and you lose. the leader gets +2 move and defence(max of 5 defence). before the game begins roll the d20 if its a 16 or higher the chosen figure either recieves +2 range for ranged heros or +2 attck for melee heros

how does that sound to everyone?
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:53 PM

mal1980 has disabled reputation
charos, braxam, and nilfheim are all classified as king/ queen, and su-bak-na is a hivelord, so i'd have to say the dragons are the leaders, with einars to come in the next large figure pack

2 ms, 2 fota, 2 vw, 2 rttff, 1 tt, wave1-6, 5 flagbearers, eov's, sir hawthorne, nerak.....awaiting wave 7 and sotm
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:06 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Nice.

And I'll stick to my favorite leader.

ME!

FINISH HIM!
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:05 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
My friends and I played with the leader idea for a couple of times when we first did advanced rules. Instead of one designated leader there was a hero/ squad based leader system where your squads were troops and the heroes were leaders. If you lost all your heroes you lose and any remaining squads were gone, kind of like troops losing their commander.

There is another game for the sega genesis that has a game similiar to this idea called Warsong. Basically you had one leader and you bought troops for them and you can get different troops based on character class. Each leader and the troops had an attack, defense, and movement value. You ended up fighting other leader / troop combinations. After you kill enemy troops and leaders you gain experience and after you hit level 10 you had a class change with different troops and abilities. Each leader has two branches of classes. The game is one of my favorite old classic sega games that I just play over and over again.

Insanity is the best medicine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion