Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Re: The End Is Neigh: My Little PonyScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletMist View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for figures to use? The minis are 2" which are a bit big. I was wondering how big the figures from the Monopoly game would be or maybe the mini Christmas ornaments.
Actually, I think the MLP minis are a good size. They can still fit on one space, although they take up the whole space. But this is about right relative to the other, bigger, two-space horse/cavalry figures in HeroScape.

If I ever get the courage to buy them, I suppose I could even remake the cards with the actual figure as the model (like in C3G, etc.).
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:07 PM

VioletMist Woo who?

Well I think they are fantastic and I know my daughter (17yrs old) will love them for Christmas! I just have to go find the minis now!

If I can make custom HP, Star Wars, LOTR, Katniss, Eragon, DC superheros, and other Heroscape figures, I certainly can make MLP ones! The new generation of MLPs would fit right in.

Thanks for posting these!
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ha! This is great! An additional way to attract people into the Heroscape community is always cool. Just make sure you keep the Mane 6 on the same team to keep things somewhat thematic.

I'll take some pictures of the smaller minis (the ones BurnyFlame showed above) on a Heroscape board so everyone can get an idea of scale. I think they'll fit on a single hex. They're certainly beefier than typical Heroscape figures, but I don't mind for casual games with little ones. I've got the lots of other MLP figures in this scale and there might be enough to add additional factions (the manticore and griffin for sure. Changelings might be fun as a mass-troop army).

I kind of wish there was an elements of harmony special power of some sort, but will look over what you've got and I'm sure they'll see some sort of play at my house.

~xorlof, father of two MLP fanatics

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM

VioletMist Woo who?

Just bought a set of twelve minis for $22 at ToysRUs. Thought I would make some squad cards for some of the less popular, B-list ponies.

I plan to put a My Little Ponyscape label on the box as a joke.
Old September 17th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Nicely done, BurnyFlame. I happen to know a couple HS players that might want to try these out.

But I can't figure out the reason for the Rain Cloud special power for Rainbow Dash. Seems pointless. (She can fly, so falling into water to avoid falling damage is not needed.) Is it a teaser? Is there an MLP type synergy that might come later, for some other character, that it might work with? I don't know much about MLP characters.

Edit:

Never mind, I just figured it out. She has Lava Resistance.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; September 17th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 01:45 AM

Thanks for the support, everyponyone. To answer some questions:

-If someponyone (Xorlof) wants to provide me the real-life figure snapshots, I'll be happy to remake the cards with those images. That was my original plan, but I don't know how soon I'll get the figures.

-Changlings will be the first villain squad I design. Other good guys who will come soon include Spike, Princess Celestia, and Vinyl Scratch. The first villains will be Discord (obviously Valkrill), perhaps a revamped Hydra (although the classic one is perfect), and Nightmare Moon in some fashion.

-The "Elements of Harmony" power will be on Princess Celestia's card. This was done for simplicity's sake, but I did give Twilight a Special Attack which essentially works the same way. Also, note the Personalities of each pony already designed (Loyal, Honest, etc.); these will be referenced using the Elements (which, incidentally, will be treasure glyphs).

You are right that Rain Cloud seems a little pointless now . . . but it does have its uses, including Lava prevention and preventing opponents Stealth Walking through your space. But even more interesting will be how it interacts with Discord's "Chocolate Rain" power . . . more to come later.

Last edited by BurnyFlame; September 17th, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had literally a minute before leaving the house this morning, so I grabbed a handful and put them on a board and took a picture with the very poor ipod Touch camera in low light. I'll get something better tonight, but this gives you a bit of an idea of how well they fit:

All of the ponys/unicorns/alicorns/etc. fit on single hexes including the bigger ones (Mr. Carrot way in the back and Zecora the zebra). Even Gilda fits on one hex. Manny Roar on the far right and the sea serpent from Episode 1 (the purple guy who is almost the leftmost figure) both would be double hexers, which makes sense. On either side of Fluttershy I put in the Carrot family babies--that is why those two are so small. (I wouldn't have recognized what they are so I thought I'd mention that).

I'll take some better pictures and post them, along with HS figures so you get a better sense of scale.

EDIT--and yeah, I'd be happy to put the figures in a light tent and get some card-quality pictures of them.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

This is Longy418's oldest daughter. IAMSOOOOHAPPY!!!! I'm a humongo fan of MLP and my head almost EXPLODED from happiness when I saw this! I have a really long list of ponies/animals you should do for this.
All the princesses+ Shining Armor & Prince Blueblood(get the pun?)
The main 6's pets
The CMC and other young ponies
The villain peoples
The supporting characters( The main 6's family,The Cakes, Miss Cheeraliee, etc...)
And I'm hoping you could add Everfree Forest characters and my favorite background ponies,Derpy ,Dr.Hooves , and Dinky Doo. Thanks,Longy418's daughter.
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:40 AM

It is Black Friday, so time for an update to the dark game we know as My Little PonyScape! Consider this your holiday gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy418 View Post
This is Longy418's oldest daughter. IAMSOOOOHAPPY!!!! I'm a humongo fan of MLP and my head almost EXPLODED from happiness when I saw this! I have a really long list of ponies/animals you should do for this.
All the princesses+ Shining Armor & Prince Blueblood(get the pun?)
The main 6's pets
. . .
Your request has been processed -- here are the Mane 6's Pets!
Tank

Winona

Owlowiscious

Opalescence

Angel

Gummy

Here are the pre-designed army ideas:
Rainbow Dash (140 pts) + Tank (10 pts) = 150 pts
Applejack (130 pts) + Winona (50 pts) = 180 pts
Rarity (110 pts) + Opal (40 pts) = 150 pts
Twilight Sparkle (120 pts) + Owlowiscious (30 pts) = 150 pts
Fluttershy (100 pts) + Angel (20 pts) = 120 pts
Pinkie Pie (125 pts) + Gummy (25 pts) = 150 pts

You can switch Winona and Angel and you'll have 6 exactly equal teams. Can I design or what?!

Hopefully I'll have some more MLP customs finished before the end of the year. Your requests or comments on how this can be made better are always welcome. Enjoy!

HeroScape and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are both owned entirely by Hasbro. The artists of the Internet once again provided the artwork -- thanks!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; December 8th, 2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Fixed Typoes of "Space/Dice" -- Print Away!
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:21 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: The End Is Neigh: My Little PonyScape (Pets added 11/29/

AWESOME !!!! BRONIES UNITE !!! My household is in the grip of MLP madness right now, so seeing this post at this time is just too cool..In fact I was just joking with my wife about building MLP for HeroScape just 2 days ago !!! Eveything looks great !! So your just missing my two favorite Ponies ..the two that made me join the herd ...PLEASE do up some cards for DERPY and Dr.Whooves !!!..as for any other Scapers who get sucked in ....WELCOME TO THE HERD !! P.S. love the playful way you put Pinky on her card..

ALL ARE ONE
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Super Smurfy

My daughters are going to love the update. I'm unaware of official figures so we'll have to proxy. (I've got something that would work well for Philomena if you ever get around to her).

Time to go print the cards. Thanks BF!

Old December 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-IVD View Post
AWESOME !!!! BRONIES UNITE !!! My household is in the grip of MLP madness right now, so seeing this post at this time is just too cool..In fact I was just joking with my wife about building MLP for HeroScape just 2 days ago !!! Eveything looks great !! So your just missing my two favorite Ponies ..the two that made me join the herd ...PLEASE do up some cards for DERPY and Dr.Whooves !!!..as for any other Scapers who get sucked in ....WELCOME TO THE HERD !! P.S. love the playful way you put Pinky on her card..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
My daughters are going to love the update. I'm unaware of official figures so we'll have to proxy. (I've got something that would work well for Philomena if you ever get around to her).

Time to go print the cards. Thanks BF!
Glad you guys (and girls) like them. Lord-IVD, I plan on making Derpy soon, but it is hard to say exactly what powers she has. Xorlof, did you mean "Pinkamena?"

Also, before you print the new cards, I noticed a small mistake where I put "Dice" instead of "Die" and "Spaces" intead of "Space." I'll correct these soon*, and maybe make a small change to Rarity's card so she synergies with her cat Opal and maybe has a shorter Range since she does not attack with Magic as much as Twilight Sparkle would.
Fixed and updated! Print them all you want!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; December 8th, 2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Go for it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum