Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I've logged ~8 hours. 1 Gym Badge, and 6 Pokes at level 16 or above.

Dewott - 17
Pansear - 16
Munna - 16
Blitzle - 16
Pidove - 16
Timburr - 16
I loved playing Gold and Silver.

I think it is a sad sign that I recognize none of those names. I haven't owned a pokemon game in too long apparently.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Quote:

Dewott - 17
Pansear - 16
Munna - 16
Blitzle - 16
Pidove - 16
Timburr - 16

I think it is a sad sign that I recognize none of those names. I haven't owned a pokemon game in too long apparently.
Poor guy.

Anyone else think the rate at which you attack yourself when confused is greater than 50%?
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:25 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dewott - 17
Pansear - 16
Munna - 16
Blitzle - 16
Pidove - 16
Timburr - 16

Poor guy.

Anyone else think the rate at which you attack yourself when confused is greater than 50%?
From my past experiences (which were apparently far too long ago), yes. It felt like 75% most of the time. Same for being paralyzed or attract.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dewott - 17
Pansear - 16
Munna - 16
Blitzle - 16
Pidove - 16
Timburr - 16

Poor guy.

From my past experiences (which were apparently far too long ago), yes. It felt like 75% most of the time. Same for being paralyzed or attract.
I've actually counted in SoulSilver and Platinum, and I've gotten 50%. So far in White, I'm sitting at roughly 2 attacks in 27 turns of being confused.

EDIT: "The confused condition causes a Pokémon to hurt itself in its confusion 50% of the time. The damage is done as if the Pokémon attacked itself with a 40-power typeless physical attack." From Bulbapedia.
Old March 9th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:

Dewott - 17
Pansear - 16
Munna - 16
Blitzle - 16
Pidove - 16
Timburr - 16

It's not really that sad. There's only completely new Pokemon in Black and White, so you're not the only Pokemon absentee who doesn't recognize any of those names (I saw more than a few topics about it on GameFAQs). You could buy these games and be on the same playing field as everyone else.
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Heh - just had some interesting playtime with Sigilyph and Swoobat. As much as I enjoyed Swoobat, Sigilyph just played a tune of "anything you can do I can do better" with her. Sooo.... Swoobat is gone!

~Aldin, loving 'em and leaving 'em
I caught a Sigilyph, but I'm not sure how I feel about him. Since I'm focusing so much on the late game, and the fact that with the guys I have now that I have a wicked weakness to fliers, I need something that will handle that.

I really like Joltik though, and I might run him.
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/595.shtml

But, the question is...do I bother running a ghost or psychic type? I can handle both, and I can easily handle dark types...just not fighters. Thoughts?

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Quote:
Heh - just had some interesting playtime with Sigilyph and Swoobat. As much as I enjoyed Swoobat, Sigilyph just played a tune of "anything you can do I can do better" with her. Sooo.... Swoobat is gone!

I caught a Sigilyph, but I'm not sure how I feel about him. Since I'm focusing so much on the late game, and the fact that with the guys I have now that I have a wicked weakness to fliers, I need something that will handle that.

But, the question is...do I bother running a ghost or psychic type? I can handle both, and I can easily handle dark types...just not fighters. Thoughts?
Can't help you much since I don't look ahead. Basically, I play toward getting really comfortable with a team's abilities and then I figure I can beat anything. By the time I hit the Elite Four, my group is a regular swiss army knife of abilities. I'm using Blitzle in my anti-flier role, but I wish his defense was a bit higher. The bug/rock Pokemon in the desert that looks like a Hermit Crab (name escapes me at the moment) might be really good against fliers. I've been thinking of giving him a spin.

Ghost and Psychic both have mostly "meh" options at this point from what I've seen. Good news is that the first Ghost type can learn the TM Thief you already have so it's not too terrible to train against normal types.

~Aldin, pondering possibilities

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
BREAKING NEWS!

After several hours of navigating falling floors in Emerald, I now have a new friend to use against the Elite Four in Ever Grande. I'll give you some hints:

He's a trio master. He's super cool. He's saved the entire world of Hoenn probably more than once. He appeared as a boss in SSE. He's the only Pokemon besides possibly Arceus who could boss Groudon and Kyogre around. He's the Lord of the Sky in Hoenn. Finally, he's long, green, and really powerful! Guess who?

~Gorthan, REALLY confident about his chances against the E4 now!

Spoiler Alert!
Beastly... he's my favourite Pokemon, and one of the reasons that Hoenn's my favourite reigon. However, I think that I've kinda fallen away from Pokemon, I've yet to get Black/White OR Heartgold/Soulsilver... (Oh, yeah, and I just sold Platinum on Monday )
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Just an update on my team as of right now it is as following.

Sandile Lv 25
Servine Lv 26
Dewott Lv 27
Pignite Lv 26
Zoroark Lv 26
Tranquill Lv 27

(I plan on getting Scraggy and a few others trained)

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Just got my Zoroark. Woot!
I don't have the game yet (lucky you ), but how do you get Zoroark?
you have to get the Legendary Shiny Beasts from Gamestop/Wifi/Movie 10 Crown Beasts on HSSSDPPt. Then transfer over to Black and White with Reloacter machine you unlock.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Quote:

Can't help you much since I don't look ahead. Basically, I play toward getting really comfortable with a team's abilities and then I figure I can beat anything. By the time I hit the Elite Four, my group is a regular swiss army knife of abilities. I'm using Blitzle in my anti-flier role, but I wish his defense was a bit higher. The bug/rock Pokemon in the desert that looks like a Hermit Crab (name escapes me at the moment) might be really good against fliers. I've been thinking of giving him a spin.

Ghost and Psychic both have mostly "meh" options at this point from what I've seen. Good news is that the first Ghost type can learn the TM Thief you already have so it's not too terrible to train against normal types.

~Aldin, pondering possibilities
Actually, Sigilyph is a pretty decent Psychic- and Flying-type. I do believe you mentioned having him. I would advise using him until you can catch a Solosis (or trade for one) because he's got a very high special attack. He's a White exclusive, and can be caught on Routes 5 and 16.

I've heard that Dwebble (the desert hermit crab) has pretty good defenses, but his evolved form has much higher ones. He's mainly Bug-type, though, so he would receive double damage from Flying-type attacks I believe (because Scraggy is mainly Dark-type, and he takes double damage from Fighting-type attacks). If you want a pretty good anti-flier, catch a Roggenrola. Though it may be slow (as in, it'll never go first), it's defense and attack stats make up for it. It's final form has very high attack and defense stats. Get just one physical Rock-type move off on a Flying-type, and it will be down.

To answer Mombo's question, I would suggest getting a Joltik. I've heard that they're much better than Blitzle (whom I dislike very much), but you'd have to poke around and try him. Another anti-flier option (though you won't get him until the fifth gym's city) would be Vanilite, the ice cream cone Pokemon. It's got three stages, and pretty decent special attack. I've got one right now in place of my Boldore.

Also, Zoroark is a good Dark-type. I know from first-hand experience.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM

foofoofun is surprisingly tart

I need help with the elite four for white version. I'm using the water starter along with the crocodile, and that event poke with a V on it's head. There levels are 56,50,46. Thanks for any help.

good will always win but evil will never die

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games