Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Ninja Dust

Re: Kit: Young Ninja

I love this book.
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Thanks. I should be able to get the next part up later today.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Chapter 5
Kit walked down the corridor, his padded boots making no sound on the rock floor. He looked around for doorways, but saw none. Eventually, he reached the far end of the corridor. It was a dead end. Then he remembered the doorway that had gotten him in here in the first place and started pushing on the rocks again. The second one that he pushed on gave way, and he crawled through the hole made by that one. He was in a large chamber. There were unlit torches on the walls, and in the center of the room there was a large table, with three figures sitting around it gawking at him. He didn’t wait for them, he jumped at the first one, pulling out a small knife form inside his belt, and stabbing him even as the others got up, pulling out their knives. Their knives were about two feet long, and glistening green. He pulled out the dead…whatever’s…knife and went on the offensive, attacking, slashing wildly with the longer knife while guarding himself with the smaller one. He managed to give a small cut to one of them, and that one cried out in pain and collapsed. Kit was so surprised that he just stood there for a second, and then came to his senses as he saw the other one running for a bell hanging on the other end of the room. Kit flipped his smaller knife into the air, caught it by the tip and threw it. It flashed across the room, and buried itself in the back of the thing’s head as it grasped the rope that rang the bell. It fell over pulling the rope with it, and an eerie Whoooong noise emerged from it, loud enough to be heard from pretty much anywhere around, Kit guessed. Guards rushed in from hidden doors everywhere, and Kit, who had grabbed up his torch again (he had dropped it earlier without noticing) swung it at the head of his nearest assailant. The creature cringed away from the torch, and when the light got too close to him, he ran out of the room. Kit was stunned. He grabbed a packet of powder from behind his ear and threw it on the torch, letting go of the torch as he did so. The flames flared up to the ceiling, and all the creatures screamed and fled, although a few just disintegrated. Interesting, thought Kit, picking up the torch again as it died down t its regular brightness and size, very interesting.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

This is really interesting! So this is the beginning of Kit's career.
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM

I got the idea from The Wind in the Trees. That was a really good story.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:03 PM

redcat55555 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is a really good story! I loved reading it!
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site redcat! And I love this story. The descriptive language really helps me picture it happening in my head.
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the compliment, Basssit. Also, welcome to the sight, redcat.

EDIT-Should have the next part up later tonight or tomorrow.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...

Last edited by Orcs Blade; February 27th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:38 PM

Chapter 6
Kit walked around the room, noticing that his late assailants had, in their panic, left several of the erstwhile “hidden” doorways open. He almost smiled, but not knowing where he was put something of a damper on his spirits. He looked around for more weapons, but he couldn’t see anything. Then he noticed the alarm bell again. He quickly moved over and cut off a length of the rope. He coiled it tightly and tucked it into his belt. He chose a doorway at random, and walked over to it. He shoved the torch through to check for whatever those creatures were. He didn’t see any, but he heard a scurry of retreating footsteps. He crawled out into the passage. He looked around. It seemed to be just the normal passage. He walked along it, shining his torch back and forth along the walls curiously. Several minutes later, he suddenly sensed something…wrong. The world seemed to shiver, and his torch went out. The tunnel shuddered, and he sprinted blindly along, trying to find a way out. The tunnel began to slowly constrict, about to squeeze him to death. He lunged forward and hit a wall. He groped around in the darkness, trying to push rocks outward. One slid out, and he lunged through the opening. The contsricting movement stopped. He looked around, but all that was there was blackness. Then, suddenly, he could see. It wasn’t a though there was a light. He could just see. Right in front of him was a boy. And he was smiling.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Ah! No one's posting ()! At the risk of double posting, I'm going to post the next short installment of the story.

Chapter 7
Kit got up. “Who the heck are you, and why are you always smiling? Why can I see in the darkness?”
The boy’s smile disappeared, and he blinked, but then his smile returned. “It tends to have a very unsettling effect on people, and that effect is often useful.”
“Who are you, and why can I see?”
“The reason that you can see is so that I can talk to you more easily, and as for who I am, well… that is not your concern,” the boy told him.
“Um…” Kit said, “Yes it is…”
The boy thought about that for a moment, then decided “Good point.”
When the boy offered no further comment, Kit asked again, “So, who are you?”
The boy sighed ever so slightly, “If you insist, I am Nehilk, King of the Deepwyrm Drow.”
Kit raised one eyebrow delicately, “You look a little, shall we say, small, for the job.”
Nehilk stiffened, “Why do all my victim’s say that,” he yelled, throwing his head back in exasperation. In that moment, Kit moved, he lunged forward, slashing with his dagger. Nehilk looked down in surprise at Kit. Kit, however, was the more surprised of the two, as the blade passed right through Nehilk’s neck like it wasn’t there. Nehilk smiled again, “You see,” he said, “I can not be killed. The darkness is my shield.” He pulled out a dagger of his own, which was a couple of inches longer than the one Kit held, and not only was it completely black, but it had weird symbols etched across the blade.
All in all, thought Kit, much cooler than my one. Nehilk seemed to hesitate to swing his blade, and Kit again stabbed him, this time in the chest. Nothing happened. “Come,” Nehilk said, “let us talk. I do not wish to harm you.”
Kit snorted, but kept his dagger ready, “And I would believe that because?”
Nehilk smiled, “That’s not what I was paid for.”

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old February 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Well, well, well Kit, you can't be so rash all the time. Nehilk can easily kill you with one strike. Be nice.

Good work OB keep it up!!
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks. If I don't have to much homework tomorrow, I should have the next part up then...or maybe even tonight, but I doubt it.

Kit will consider heeding your advice, but he knows that Nehilk can not, in fact kill him with one strike...Kit is invincible. After all, he is the main character.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction