Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM

ToyotaGT1 is surprisingly tart
Arrow Maybe Not ALL is Lost..

Hello fellow Scaper's.

Ok, so today has been a crazy day. I had $50 that I was planning on spending on HS stuff at one of my local game shops..come to find out they are closed on Monday's....and my wife is really sick..so I ended up spending $30 on food and meds...(I'll go to the bank tomorrow and then head to the games store..more info on that later).

Anyway, since I've had some time to myself today, and while I was at Target getting her meds, I wandered over to the toys/game area and started looking around. Finally today I decided to pick up the box of The Settlers of Catan and started reading. Just in case anyone has not taken a look at this game...you should...because I had a chance to do some research and it seems like it would be a fairly fun game to try.

But regardless...thats not what this post it about. Oh no. During my search for information on Settlers, I stumbled upon a wikipedia page I thought I must share with other heroscapers.

One of the things that drew me to Heroscape, was the idea of custom playing fields that I could create to my hearts content.

Well, this list includes around 20+ board games (mostly war games) using the idea of custom, user designed terrain.

A good chunk of these games are fairly old, Im trying to see how hard some of them would be to get a hold of and their prices. Another thing to note, is that a good bit of them also are sci-fi themed.

Yes, I figure that SOME of you already knew this page or are already well versed in some of these games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._modular_board
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Maybe Not ALL is Lost..

I own Amazing Labyrinth (thift store find that just looked cool), I've been considering buying Doom and LNoE for quite some time, and I've played HeroQuest (a friend owns it), and all of those use flat (i.e. cardboard cutout) terrian (HeroQuest does use 3d "LoS" blockers).

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I own Amazing Labyrinth (thift store find that just looked cool), I've been considering buying Doom and LNoE for quite some time, and I've played HeroQuest (a friend owns it), and all of those use flat (i.e. cardboard cutout) terrian (HeroQuest does use 3d "LoS" blockers).

Yeah...after looking at some of the games I started to see that they were all flat 2-D game boards (way to innovate Hasbro!).

Either way, some of them really look fun and I gonna keep looking into some of them...Twilight Imperium looks really intresting...
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

That's really cool! I never really have heard of any of the other games but I'll give them a try later on! Thanks for sharing!

Hope your wife gets better soon!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
That's really cool! I never really have heard of any of the other games but I'll give them a try later on! Thanks for sharing!

I'll tell her the scapers forum told her to feel better!

Oh man..shes doing better...I was at school dropping off some papers for a class and she called me...she left work early because she felt sick...so I left to come home to find out she threw up in her car.....and guess who cleaned it!! Marriage is so fun!!! (sometimes!)
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaGT1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post

I'll tell her the scapers forum told her to feel better!

Oh man..shes doing better...I was at school dropping off some papers for a class and she called me...she left work early because she felt sick...so I left to come home to find out she threw up in her car.....and guess who cleaned it!! Marriage is so fun!!! (sometimes!)
Glad to hear it! Is she a 'Scaper too?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Yes she is. In fact, shes the only person I play the game with. I really dont have much of a social life since I got out of the Air Force...I do have like 1 good friend, but he's 2 cities over from me...

Hopefully things will change in the future. I got a whole lotta scape stuff just sitting in the closet...Im waiting to put it to good use.
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yes she is.
:envy: Mine isn't, though I am thankful that she tolerates my addiction so well (she just bought me 'Scape cabinet big enough for her to stand up in )

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:07 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Hopefully things will change in the future. I got a whole lotta scape stuff just sitting in the closet...Im waiting to put it to good use.
My son was just over a year old when HS first came out. I remember seeing the commercials and thinking "Cool! Wish I had someone to play with!"

Well, 6 years later that day arrived. And then a few months later WotC discontinued HS!! So we've been scrambling to find expansions, terrain, etc.

My 7 year-old gives me a run for my money every game!

Themed Heroscape armies are loads of fun. Not too practical (or winning!), but very fun.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Good Trades: Porkins; phil413ican; Grison; twigleg2; mac122; Vydar; Tokah Phatee; dart48; wytefang; SgtHulka
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM

Im really reluctant to take my stuff anywhere...some days I have the time to just go and chill at a game/hobby shop....but I just dont want to lose anything...I have a losing my heroscape phobia...oh well..

Last edited by ToyotaGT1; January 24th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'll bring LNoE to the tournament this weekend if you haven't played it before. We can have a game after the tournament is done, if you'd like.

That's a great list, btw. I was surprised how many of those I have.... Betrayal at House on the Hill is a completely different kind of game from many of the others, but it is fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and TI is an amazing game, but it takes a long time to play. Also, the expansion fixes a lot of issues with the base game. Starcraft TBG is a TI light, without as much politics. But it is also a lot of fun.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
LNoE is a really great game. I got it for my son for Christmas and liked it so much, that he now has all of the expansions except one supplement.
I have been thinking about Doom, since it is so close to Descent, but have a couple of other games on the old wishlist first.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion