Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Official Scenario:RoB The Descending Stair Room 1

The Descending Stair Room 1

The Underdark .None in Valhalla knew that such an expansive world lay just below the surface of their own. Somewhere in that twisting underground maze might lay the secrets of the lost civilization that built the wellsprings.

You are the leader of an adventuring party, sent into the Underdark to unravel its most recent mystery. Along one of the well-scouted passages, lies an underground lake. Recently a horrific number of mutilated corpses have been discovered floating in its waters, apparently carried there by a river that feeds into the lake. Now christened the River of Blood, it stretches back into an unexplored region of the Underdark. You have been tasked with following that river and discovering the source of the bodies that float down its current. The River of Blood travels under the stair via a narrow gully and spills out into a massive lake. Few have ventured this far north.

Campaign Master Game Rules
Spoiler Alert!

Summary:
  • Goal: Destroy all of your opponent’s figures.
  • Setup: Randomly select 1 non-Brandar’s Chest Treasure Glyph and place it symbol side up as shown. Player 1 drafts or brings a pre-made 500 point Army of figures from the 5 allied generals (Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Vydar, and Aquilla). Player 2 drafts or brings a 250 point Army that must include at least one squad of Deepwyrm Drow.
Special Rules
  • River of Blood: Any figure that ends its turn on a water space must roll a 20-sided die. For Squad figures, only figures that were activated on that turn are affected. If you roll a 1-4, that figure receives 1 wound from the traces of acid in the water. Note: The River of Blood takes effect after all end of turn powers have resolved.
  • Stalactites: If a figure uses the Flying special power to move, place 1 wound marker on that figure as it starts its move. Figures with Stealth Flying are not affected by Stalactites.
  • Treasure Glyph Trap: Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, do not reveal the Treasure Glyph. Instead, the Hero attempting to pick up the Treasure Glyph receives 1 wound. If you roll a 6 or higher, turn the Treasure Glyph power-side up and place it on that Hero’s Army Card
  • Victory: Be the last player with at least one figure on the battlefield to win. If neither player has won by the end of Round 10, the player with the most points on the battlefield wins (see “Scoring”, on page 13 in the Battle for the Underdark Master Set game guide). Player 1 must defeat all of Player 2’s figures to continue onto the next room.
CAMPAIGN CONTINUES: If at least one of Player 1’s figures survives the battle, and all of Player 2’s figures have been destroyed, you may continue the campaign by playing
River of Blood: Room 2 on page 6.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!

Last edited by xraine69; August 7th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Official Scenario:RoB The Descending Stair Room 1

Just played room 1 with my son.
His army was generated from the RDD(Random Draft Deck). It contained MS3, D1 and Fyorlag Spiders:
Wyvern x1
Spiders x2
Tandros
Morgrimm
Darrak
I have premade armies for the DM:
Drow x2
Pelloth

He wiped the cavern with my Drow. Got a 1st round Entanglement and removed my 3rd marker from the Dow. He secured the Protection TG with the Wyvern and advanced his spiders against my Drow. He took Pelloth out with 3 skulls against my whiff in the end. He only lost 4 spiders and has Second Winded 2 of them...to be continued in Room 2.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:30 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My first army:

Jotun 225
Nilfhiem 410
Kelda 490
Otonashi 500

versus

Pelloth 100
Deepwyrm 170
Chainfighter x2 220
Marcu 240
Isamu 250

The drow got three wounds on Jotun(lucky shot considering Jotun had the high ground) and one wound on Nilfhiem(leaving engagement attack). Other than that, the giant and the dragon cleaned house on the drow. Oh yeah, Jotun picked up the Ring of Protection TG before he charged up to throw some drow around(which he did).

My second army:

Drake 170
Sonlen 330
Q10 480
Raelin 600
Shiori 660

versus

KMS 130
Deepwyrm 200
Marro Warriors 250

Drake grabbed the glyph(Pelor), and then grappled up to begin firing upon the approaching drow, who were moving up to provide a screen for the marro. The drow did manage to reach the crest of the hill, and spread out at the very top. Q10 finished off both the Warriors and the Drow, but not before they had killed Raelin and Shiori. Q10 then moved up, and fired with his 8 range on KMS, wounding her twice. KMS ALMOST reached Q10, but the soulborg backed up, and blasted her in the face, finishing the witch off. The heroes advance with a fallen Raelin and Shiori.

Both journeys will be continued in Room Two!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd go with

185 Nilfeim
120 Kaemon
110 Rhogar
80 Raelin

Pretty strong in any environment; very strong in this one. I wish there were pictures of the maps somewhere. Is there a pressing need to take a Phantom Walker, or is it just coincidence that all the armies posted thus far have one (or Darrak)?

Next Generation

Old August 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I started an River of Blood army idea thread a couple of days ago. Come check it out: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31713
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Me and my little sis and I are enjoying the scenario right now! I gave her a little handicap of a free glyph and no stalactites(mostly because I'll never actually remember to apply it)

She's the good guys right now and she chose:
RotV Raelin
RotV Drake
Darrak
Ana
Q10

She stormed my Drow army of Pelloth,Drowx2, and Otonashi. She only lost Drake and grabbed a +1 attack Treasure glyph.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How would you play the bad guys against . . .

160 Sonlen
120 Kaemon
110 Rhogar
110 Mika

Next Generation

Old August 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Scenariographer

Room1 baddies:
Pelloth
Drow x2

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Just finished playing this with my army of
Ana-100
Tandros-220
Ice-350
Romans-400
Marcus-500
Against the baddies

Drow-70
PKs-140
2xWater-200
2xChain Drow-250

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM

I'd play as

140 Drow x 2
100 Mindflayer
10 Isamu

Next Generation

Old August 15th, 2010, 09:04 PM

legolasbaker has disabled reputation

Questions !

1. Why in the pdf file of River of Blood there are not the photos ? Is this pdf file official o no ? If it is official, why it does not exist on the site of Wizard of Coast ?

2. What does it mean D1 in the name of Champions of Forgotten Realms ? To play River of Blood do I need ALL the 4 packs of this expansion ?
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. The files are official, but I didn't have everything in order to put them together by Gencon. They are missing the battlefield images, but they are definitely official.

2. Yes, you need all 4 small expansion packs from D1 because of the required figures in each room.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles