Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Wyvern

He means that if the opponent controls the Wind Glyph, the Wyvern is rendered useless.
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
They Wyvern is absolutely destroyed by the wind glyph. Not only can he not fly, but he can't use Talon Grab either. He becomes a big walking target.
I thought any character could drop any glyph at any time. And also doesn't the wind glyph say any character standing on the wind glyph can not fly. I interpreted that as it stays on the board. Does anyone else know if I'm correct on this fact because that is how we have been playing with it.
Treasure glyphs are the only types that are carried, and therefore are the only types that can be dropped. Yes, a treasure glyph may be dropped at any time... during the holding figure's turn.
About Rannveig specifically, this is the descriptive text from the FAQ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyph of Rannveig
All Figures with the Flying special power lose this power and cannot fly while standing on the Glyph of Rannveig.
You're misreading it slightly. The wind glyph causes all flying units on the board to lose that power, as the part I highlighted indicates; the last half of the description is only to indicate that this affects the unit standing on the glyph, as well. Otherwise, what would be the use of that glyph?

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:06 AM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Okay this came up in my game today, a wyvern CAn pick up a medium flying figure (ie Raelin and Kelda) and drop them into a same level water space, correct? We had a pretty big debate about it, but I'm sure this is correct.

I mostly lurk around here for nostalgia
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Okay this came up in my game today, a wyvern CAn pick up a medium flying figure (ie Raelin and Kelda) and drop them into a same level water space, correct? We had a pretty big debate about it, but I'm sure this is correct.
Yes. While the water (or ice/swamp water/molten lava/shadow) tile is physically higher than the same-level terrain tile, their level numbers are the same, which is all that matters for the Wyvern's ability.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
The Wvern tends to die pretty quickly most of the times I used it.
Same here. He has his uses, and moving an opponent's figure can be a game changer (especially Raelin), but once the Wyvern is mobilized, he's pretty much fodder if a squad should come after him (not to mention how close he needs to be in the first place).

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Same here. He has his uses, and moving an opponent's figure can be a game changer (especially Raelin), but once the Wyvern is mobilized, he's pretty much fodder if a squad should come after him (not to mention how close he needs to be in the first place).
Well met!

chas used one to annoying effect in Song of the Pillars, as a result of which I wrote this:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1710

Which reminds me, gotta go once again to Auggies . . .

Next Generation

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:40 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kolakoski again.
Thanks for the link (and the ideas). I've thought about coupling the Wyvern with some solid ranged units - KMA and Skahen come to mind.

Maybe I'll give this a try next time I'm in a friendly match:

Wyvern x1
Fyorlag Spiders x4
Agent Skahen
Krav Maga Agents

480 points is a pretty full core, but at larger point-totals you could fill in with, I don't know, maybe some Black Wyrmlings.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

My group is still experimenting with the four-or-five-Wyverns-and-a-single-squad-of-Spiders-for-flexibility army. It's had decent success against some armies, been slaughtered miserably against others.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
My group is still experimenting with the four-or-five-Wyverns-and-a-single-squad-of-Spiders-for-flexibility army. It's had decent success against some armies, been slaughtered miserably against others.
I like using multiple Wyverns, but it often doesn't leave room for necessary screening/support fire units. Really, it's the wyvern's cost that is prohibitive, considering that it has a single attack. It needs either an army core which stands solidly, to which it can be a good addition, or it needs its own specific synergy units. Spiders are great, but I can envision armies in which the wyvern is used as an (expensive) niche unit to draw out a specific target. Sujoah costs too much to mix.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
I dropped Raelin into fire with the Wyvern before...that's as satisfying as anything I can imagine in Heroscape.

My only real beef with the Wyvern is that its limitation to opponents' figures denies it from being really great for transporting your own Heroes like Raelin without using order markers to do so, like Theracus or more appropriately, Brunak. I'd pick Brunak over Wyvern 10/10 times.

The other problem with Wyverns are that there needs to be 3 adjacent molten lava tiles since you can't be on the regular lava tiles and drop an enemy onto the molten, which is on a lower level. This really makes doing the dive-bomb move very situational, so really it's about moving opponents' figures out of range of one of yours, or bringing it into range for your following order marker's attack.

Sure, it's nice to be able to occasionally toss an enemy into a lake of fire or move it back to its starting zone, but is that worth 100 points?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

There's an easy fix to your problem - build a map with molten lava on the same level as the adjacent lava field tiles. Imagine that's a lava vent in the field.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 33 - BATMAN FOREVER
Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

If I have to build a map specifically to make an individual figure playable, chances are it's the figure's unplayableness that makes me not want to build the map!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units