Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2010, 06:16 PM

MisterKazaam is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Army suggestions?

My friends and i play 700 point 1 on 1 tournaments, and we all draft from the same pool of characters. With that in mind, what do you think of this army and strategy?

Tier 1-Shock force
-Iskra Esenwein
-Retchets of Bogdan
-Airborne Elite

Tier 2-Main damage
-Wolves of Badru (x2)
-Werewolf Lord (when we get him)

Support and Backup
-Anubian Wolves
-Khosumet

I was thinking of maybe even getting a second werewolf lord instead of the airborne elite seeing as that gives me more opportunities to use the full moon thing, but it also gives me less cover to set up. The wolves are the main core of my army and Iskra and the Retchets have proven useful in small maps, but they can be a bit lacking. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by MisterKazaam; July 31st, 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Some info wasn't neccessary
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Army suggestions?

What is a robin tournament?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM

winner moves on loser stays, you move in a circle from map to map. It was pointless to add that my bad.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:37 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Why do you have two threads?
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ok then. I thought there were special rules(which could change a lot).

I wouldn't recommend using the AE as shock troops in a 700 point army. Instead use them to grab glyphs ASAP. If you hold glyphs that are close to the enemies, use their long range to pick off several enemies. Also if you have say an extra member of the AE, it might be better to position behind the enemy to deliver a quick explosion or blast from gunfire.

It might also be worth noting that because you must roll for the rechet's summoning, it may be better to replace the vampire and demons with an extra Anubian squad and a Swog Rider. The Swog Rider isn't much, but his high speed plus disengage may let him kill once or twice(and at 25 points, he is a bargain). This will also allow you to send in the Anubians with extra power should you forget about the WL and just bond with Khosumet.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Why do you have two threads?
I'm new and i didnt see that there was a forum for this and i thought i put it in the wrong one so i tried to fix it.
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:24 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Hive-160
4xStingers-400
4xDrones-600
Ne-Gok-Sa-690
This is my Best 700 point army

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
Hive-160
4xStingers-400
4xDrones-600
Ne-Gok-Sa-690
This is my Best 700 point army
That is a pretty good army, but others usually take those in the draft, my best bet is a wolf army (nobody thinks that the wolves and the retchets are good, but I know how to use them better), my base army is
-Wolves of Badru x2 160
-Werewolf lord (possibly 2 if I buy another) 300
-Iskra Esenwein 350
-Retchets of Bogdan 400
and I was wondering if the airborne elite are worth adding, and whether or not i should keep the anubian wolves and khosumet.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:47 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Werewolf Lord is definitely a must at two..allowing you to take control of a hero even after the first has died. Airborne are always a good draft(at least for me).

2x Werewolf Lord 280
Airborne Elite 390
Iskra Esenwein
2x RoBs 540
2x Anubian Wolves 710
This looks like a good army. At least, from my perspective.

Nilfy !! !!
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

IG x2 200
Wherewolf x2 480
Nakitas 600
Phantom Knights 670
[and a filler of some sort]

~The Dragon Master

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion