Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 1st, 2020, 01:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of C3G Rules

Extreme falling is such a niche rule - I've never played on a map with that much height differential and none of our "official" maps have one either, to my knowledge - that I'm fine making tweaks to it. I think making it work with a d20 or unblockables is fine either way... we're essentially rewriting marginalia so it doesn't matter to me, personally, whether we stick to Heroscape precedent or make it more internally consistent.

So yeah, ultimately fine with whatever works here. This is going to be mostly relevant to the building people so I'm good following that lead.
Old July 1st, 2020, 01:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Yeah, we had lots of fun playing with buildings at the Con and Extreme Falling Damage was definitely relevant.

I like the switch to unblockables because it actually feels MORE consistent both with the mechanics for other falling damages AND with the theme of how falling works in comic books.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 1st, 2020, 02:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Well you know I'm on board. I like the idea of redefining the ranges for falling in general. 1 die = high ground of 1+, 2 die = high ground of 21+, 4 die/2 die w/SS = high ground of 41+. Something like that.
Old July 1st, 2020, 03:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We should probably list out the current rules here to give context for this debate. I can just never remember where to find them ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 02:25 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

From 2nd Edition Official Rules:
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:24 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks! I see my memory on those was not entirely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:44 PM

Thanks! I don't suppose I can trouble you to dig up Major Height advantage as well? (I believe that Extreme Height Advantage does not exist).

Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:47 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Thanks! I don't suppose I can trouble you to dig up Major Height advantage as well? (I believe that Extreme Height Advantage does not exist).
• Height Advantage: If the base of one figure is higher than the base of the other figure (no matter what their actual size or height), the higher figure has height advantage, and rolls one extra die for either attack or defense. If the base of the higher figure is 10 or more levels heigher then the height of the lower figure, the higher figure would instead roll two extra dice for either attack or defense.

When figuring out height advantage, remember the Glyphs, water tiles and swamp water tiles do not add height to the space they're on.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:52 PM

OK. It's not even called "Major Height Advantage" I see.

I guess I'd personally be interested in changing the height advantage to trigger at 20 plus height and putting major falling damage at the same place, then making extreme 30 plus height and making it 3 unblockables for SS and 4 unblockables for non-SS.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

We'd also have to change major falling damage as it's 3 unblockables right now.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:30 PM

Not necessarily, as you'd still have more for Extreme Falling (SS would actually take some and non-SS would take one more).

But I could see the rational in making it something easier to remember.

What if we just did something like this:
Quote:
• Height Advantage: If the base of one figure is higher than the base of the other figure (no matter what their actual size or height), the higher figure has height advantage, and rolls one extra die for either attack or defense. If the base of the higher figure is 20 or more levels higher than the height of the lower figure, the higher figure rolls one additional attack or defense die for each 20 levels of height advantage above the lower figure's height.

•Falling: When a figure moves down to a much lower level, it may get wounded. (This rule does not apply if a figure drops onto a water space. A figure can fall onto a water space from any level.) A fall is defined as follows:
If the drop is equal to or more than the figure’s height, you must roll one combat die after moving, to see if it was wounded. If the drop is equal to or more than 20 levels greater than the figure’s height, you must roll one additional die for every 20 levels greater than the figure’s height it drops. Figures with the Super Strength special power roll 2 fewer dice for falling damage at any level.
So basically every 20 levels above the figure's height counts for another die, whether height or falling, and SS figures ignore the first two dice of falling damage.

Maybe too crazy with really high height advantage though?

Old July 2nd, 2020, 02:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library