Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old February 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Up dated my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Lorain, Feb. 2009
We played 550 point armies with a 200 point sideboard. I took:
4x 4th Mass
Eldgrim
Charos
2x Sentinels

Results: 3-2 with wins against Killercactus and Scorpion; 5 losses to Phantomz and Southwest Ninja. Honestly, my loss to Ninja had A LOT to do with dice, you can even ask him about that. Phantomz played Vydar range and rats, which I can never kill, so I was fairly out matched. Ended up in 7th place.

My total tourny record is now 29-11 for a 72.5% win rate
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I updated my first post too:

Madison Mad Titan Tournament, Feb 2009
Captain America, 5x 4th Mass, Eldgrim (600 points; at least 360 points from the same General; up to 240 points of Marvel/Vydar/Aquilla)
Loss against Queenmojo; wins against all of the people that came with him
Results 4-1 (2nd out of 20)

It worked pretty well, but I guess that's to be expected with this army. I lost to the guy who won the tournament (queenmojo who played 3x Knights, Nilfheim, Sir Gilbert, and Krav), but won by pretty good margins in most of my other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

I've only played in one tournament which was today. (Mad Madison Tournament) I didn't have the honor of playing Jexik though. (hi) I used major Q9, Q10, X17, Gladiatrons, James Murphy, and Otanashi. I won 2of5. First was even. It came down to my gladiatrons and X17 vs 6 warriors of Ashra. Glyph of Wannok was the only thing that saved me. Lost to Queenmojo. Wiped the floor with with Et86's army. Next battle I took out 1 arrow grut and my entire army was wiped out by Krug. Lost to Kujo on my last battle. It was very fun.

Do the Dew
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:51 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I updated my first post too:

Madison Mad Titan Tournament, Feb 2009
Captain America, 5x 4th Mass, Eldgrim (600 points; at least 360 points from the same General; up to 240 points of Marvel/Vydar/Aquilla)
Loss against Queenmojo; wins against all of the people that came with him
Results 4-1 (2nd out of 20)

It worked pretty well, but I guess that's to be expected with this army. I lost to the guy who won the tournament (queenmojo who played 3x Knights, Nilfheim, Sir Gilbert, and Krav), but won by pretty good margins in most of my other games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
You used A+ units. How uncreative! Cool people show up with a pure Hero army and don't bring any wound markers- they won't need them anyway.

A loss to knights again I see!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Last night I was at the Maryland tournament run by ClanCampbell. The special rules were that you had to have at least one unique hero, one unique squad and one common squad.It was also 500 points and general specific. So here is the army that I brought.

Taelord
4x Stingers
Zettian Guards
Isamu

I stunned myself and managed to go 4-0 with four complete victories and took first place in the event! Who says Taelord is not worth his points?

I am now 16-4 in tournament play for an 80% win rate.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Last night I was at the Maryland tournament run by ClanCampbell. The special rules were that you had to have at least one unique hero, one unique squad and one common squad.It was also 500 points and general specific. So here is the army that I brought.

Taelord
4x Stingers
Zettian Guards
Isamu

I stunned myself and managed to go 4-0 with four complete victories and took first place in the event! Who says Taelord is not worth his points?

Ahh, music to my ears.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maryland Tournament, 500 points, 24 spaces, must have 1 unique hero, Unique squad, and common squad, and must be general specific.

2 Deathreavers
Marro Warriors
Isamu
2 heavy Gruts
Grimnack
Ornak

I went 2-2, finishing 9th.

My over all record is 15-9, which isn't a good winning percentage.

4-1
2-3
4-1
3-2
2-2
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post

Taelord
4x Stingers
Zettian Guards
Isamu

Who says the Stingers are underpriced? Wait a minute....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Updated Page 1 (sorry, shouldn't have double-posted )

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
2/28/09 Lorain, OH (550 pts, 200 pt sideboard)
Wolves of Bardu x4, Raelin, Krav, Krug, Eldgrim, Warriors of Ashra, Marro Warriors
Losses to KCU Master 2007, and twice to his little brother
2-3
(BATTLE REPORT coming)

My total tournament record is now 43-17 for a 71.67% win rate. I have a new nemesis in KCU Master 2007's little brother - his dice just can't be reckoned with.
This was by far my worst tournament. I didn't want to face Sentinels, Minions or Charos. All three of my losses were to those. Plus, initiative and attack/defense dice (I guess dice in general) really failed me against KCU's brother. His were just way, way, way better. I had to play him twice, and my second loss to him was the most ridiculous game of Heroscape I've ever witnessed.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tournement army wise I have played the following.

GenCon Championship 08:
x1 Sentinels
x1 Minions
x1 Syvarris
x1 Raelin
x1 Kyntela Gwen
x1 Krav Maga
3-2
(Had some terrible luck in one of the games, the other one guy had a 1 life Cyprien left and just kept flying around the board, until his AE dropped and killed my 2 Sentinels. I did not like that tactic.)
Marvel Power of One 08
x1 Iron Man
x1 Syvarris
x1 Raelin
x1 Gurei-Oni
x1 Isamu
x1 Otonashi
4-1(Those Silver Surfer armies really put a hurting on my guys)

Unique Heroes 08
x1 Syvarris
x1 Raelin
x1 Q9
x1 Kameon Awa
x1 Isamu
x1 Otonashi
2-3 (Not sure on this one)

NHSD 08
x1 Raelin
x1 Sentinels
x1 Minions
x1 Syvarris
x1 Krav
x4 Marro Stingers
4-1 (Placed 2nd, one of the tourneys I have done, great game to MI Tiger in the end, only lost to Doctor Ransom in the first game.)

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Update post on page 9 with results from DFW team tournament. We brought Orcs. Orcs are still pretty decent, but lots and lots of range proved hard to deal with. 2-2
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I added the recent Dallas Tournament to my first post:

Dallas Team Feb 2009:
Army = 4x4th Mass (Revdyer) / K.Awa, 2xreaver, Krav (me) (580 pts)
wins against Imax&MiniMax; loss to Sweetcurse/Jonathan
Results 3-1

I have particpated in 28 tournaments and I am 84-40 overall in tournament play for a 67.7% win rate.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion