Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 14th, 2018, 08:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Punisher 12/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. He feels a little fragile for someone that is fairly indestructible.
My two thoughts on that are 1) I try to design first and figure out points later, letting the unit fall where it may on the scale rather than aiming for something; and 2) most characters are the strongest character ever at some point in their comic career, but I find it more interesting to try to get different themes across than to make everyone a Hulk.

That said, I could see making Sand Body +1 Attack/heal 1 wound on land spaces and +2/heal 2 on sand (with an appropriate, probably large, point adjustment). However, there are other healing characters and powers that I feel would be too similar in power level, and I like them being bigger defining characteristics on those other characters. I'll keep it in mind if I ever feel like a revision, though.

===============

Another piece to the Teammate puzzle. He may be ugly, but he's beautiful in his simplicity! Not really much to say here since the powers are so straightforward. He's just a nice bruiser for the bunch.

And that completes Wave 1!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 31st, 2018, 02:39 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1 DONE! Sandman, Thing 12/14

And I'm back from vacation! It's been a couple weeks, so let's kick off Wave 2 with a couple cards!

===============

AKA budget Spider-Man. Not quite as dodgy, not quite as mobile. His special attack gives him some nice options. But most importantly he's a pretty cheap Hero.

And now for something completely different! Contract Hit is very wordy, but actually a pretty straightforward concept. Two of your Assassins and/or Criminals (Bullseye and Sandman so far; makes Sandman a little scarier) bond with each other and must engage and attack an enemy Hero until it is destroyed (or they are). His stats are relatively robust, but he's just a pedestrian single-attacker on his own.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 31st, 2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2!! Daredevil, Kingpin 12/31

Very cool!
Old January 1st, 2019, 09:42 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2!! Daredevil, Kingpin 12/31

I debated doing another two-fer, but these brothers are both pretty epic, so I think they deserve their own posts. Ultimate Trickery is Loki's signature power, since the other two already exist (on Doctor Doom and Tul-Bak-Ra). If you need a '?' Order Marker, I suggest a spare 'X' marked in some way. Use it to help avoid Order Marker removal powers (which reminds me, I may need to update the wording on some of those in light of this...). Use it to activate things like Mogrimm's Combat Leader. How does he do that? Only Loki knows! And use it to just obfuscate your plans in general. You know, trickster god stuff. Oh, and Loki's no slouch in combat, either, with 6s all around. Finally, because he's so mischievous, his points end in 5.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 1st, 2019, 09:53 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2!! Loki 1/1

Nice. That is very out of the box.
Old January 1st, 2019, 09:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool! A very nice take on the character, and he seems like a powerhouse as well as a trickster, which is neat.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 03:34 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't pay much attention to C3G but I've enjoyed looking at your reworks of the Marvelscape units and your cards for the unreleased Wave 1. Really cool stuff, I like the changes you've made and it looks more balanced and compact than the official release.

I'm interested to see what other heroes/villains you choose for Wave 2 and future sets. Is there any particular way you're choosing them or are you just picking more of the more famous ones? I look forward to seeing Apocalypse if you get to him.

One day we'll see the Hasbro cards for Marvelscape Wave 1, one day...
Old January 4th, 2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Nice. That is very out of the box.
Thanks. As with most of this stuff, I can't take credit for the original idea, just the implementation. If and when I get around to DC, there may or may not be a similar power that'll double your chaos and fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Cool! A very nice take on the character, and he seems like a powerhouse as well as a trickster, which is neat.
Thanks. That's what happens when you're a trickster god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I don't pay much attention to C3G but I've enjoyed looking at your reworks of the Marvelscape units and your cards for the unreleased Wave 1. Really cool stuff, I like the changes you've made and it looks more balanced and compact than the official release.

I'm interested to see what other heroes/villains you choose for Wave 2 and future sets. Is there any particular way you're choosing them or are you just picking more of the more famous ones? I look forward to seeing Apocalypse if you get to him.

One day we'll see the Hasbro cards for Marvelscape Wave 1, one day...
Thanks for looking! I don't know about being more balanced than the official heroes, but hopefully they're at least on par.

For Wave 2, my two main focuses were filling in some of the gaps left by Wave 1 and featuring a few more iconic characters. After that (Wave 3 & 4) I tried to continue down the well-known paths, though they might not be as 1-for-1 hero vs their villain.

I do have a design for Apocalypse, though it's definitely one of the less polished ones. He might not ever get posted. Neither will the official Wave 1 cards, but I, too, hold out hope. After I finish these first 50 heroes, though, I think I'll try to polish up some Squads and the few Uncommon heroes I have.

===============

1/4, time for Thor! The other brother, and one of my favorite heroes to play. He's got a great set and tempo of attacking options. If he gets all 3 Order Markers, he can call some lightning, toss Mjolnir, then really bring the hammer down! Next round, rinse and repeat! I love the whirlwind & toss theme of Mjolnir Throw, once per round as he waits for the hammer to come back. Lightning Strike provides an additional way to hit multiple threats, also once per round. That leaves his raw strength to punch you in the face and knock you back on a third turn. He's a pretty rounded one man army, with the points to match.

Fun tangent: while on vacation we went to Tampa Bay Downs and I bet and won on a horse named Worbothor.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2019, 03:10 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2!! Thor 1/4

Cool. I like Lightning Strike way better than the C3G version but that may have something to do with it always failing for me and I have yet to fail with that version (which I surely would).
Old January 5th, 2019, 06:27 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2!! Thor 1/4

Quote:
Cool. I like Lightning Strike way better than the C3G version but that may have something to do with it always failing for me and I have yet to fail with that version (which I surely would).
Well, that's a compliment! At least with mine you have more opportunities to fail! I hadn't really compared mine too directly to the C3G Thor (though obviously it served as some inspiration), but having 1 less Attack and Defense and weaker Mjolnir seems reasonable for 80 points less.

===============

Beast needed a nemesis. Magneto's almost a single power card, since Mutant Recruitment and Mental Shield are relatively minor (and if you don't count symbols ). But it's a bit of a dense power. Master of Magnetism is mostly based on Jotun's Throw, so if you can understand that (which I don't think most people have a problem with), MoM is just a little more complicated. Since the exact steps are dependant on the target, a flow chart might help, though.
  • If Magneto targets one of your Mutant Outcasts (who could've been Recruited!) for MoM, he has to roll 11+ to move it, and it doesn't take damage.
  • If Magneto targets any other figure, an 11+ moves it, and then an 11+ damages it (9 and 9 if it's a Robot).
  • If Magneto targets a Destructible Object, he can't move it*, then a 9+ damages it.

He's close to Doctor Doom in stats, and there are even similarities in their d20 powers. Magneto trades a Move and 20 points (and a different power set) for +1 Defense.

*I haven't gone so far as to create all new DO's and a ruleset for them, but if I ever do, this power might change, or I'll make an exception in their rules that lets them be moved like figures.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Thor 1/4, Magneto 1/5

Alright, a brief hiatus as we cross the halfway point, now let's get back to it!

(On a side note, I recently printed out Azazel to use him at Saturday's game day, and printed Doctor Doom on the same page. Out of curiosity, I ran both through my Secret Formula™ and they came out within 10 points of each other. Cool!)

===============

Magneto couldn't arrive with only one X-Man to fight! For a while, Storm had the same Lightning Strike power as Thor, and it was interesting to see a sort of scaling of that unit from Storm's relative inexpensiveness to Thor's one man army. She also had a version or two of Swirling Vortex for a long time, which I really liked as well. Lightning Storm is a slightly farther reaching, arguably slightly more versatile Mjolnir Throw. Gale Force Winds, like Thor, marks a second once-per-round power. GFW can do all kinds of nasty things to the shape of the battlefield, plus engagement strike powers, falling damage, and maybe even lava! Since, unlike Thor, both Storm's powers can be used on the same turn, she's a good candidate for just one OM per round. She has her uses with a decent (short) ranged attack beyond that, but she'll usually be explosive, then let your other heroes do some work. She's also very much a glass cannon at 160 points, 4 Defense/5 Life with no defensive powers, so that's another reason not to load her up on OM's. I never looked too closely at Stealth Flying for her, but GFW can sort of do that here.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 13th, 2019, 01:16 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 2! Magneto 1/5, Storm 1/13

Queen, nice.
My favorite classic heroes are Braxas and Sudema.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations